1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How is it that we finally spend money on a kicker

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BlueStar22, Nov 5, 2006.

1. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,153 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    .....and we all have the same feeling before a kick that we had when Cundiff, Cortez, and Suisham were kicking. Cut bait with Vandy after this year.
  2. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,211 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    Beast actually expects to miss kicks. It is actually a surprise when we make a FG.......kinda sad really.

:( :( :(
  3. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you blame that blocked kick on Vanderjagt, you're a moron.
  4. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  5. CowboyBlog

CowboyBlog New Member

600 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Vandy would have been here years ago, Quincy Carter would still be our QB.

I'm making that assumption based on the wreckless decisions this same coach has made since.
  6. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,680 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    how anyone can blame Vandy is beyond me.
  7. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy

2,804 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    It is strange, but when the Cowboys kick I expect them to miss, because it seems it happens all the time, but when the other team's kicker lines up I ALWAYS expect them to make. I was very surprised when Novak missed the 49 yarder at the (near) end of game.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,211 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    I didnt say it was all on Vandy, clearly blocking problem on that last kick. I am just saying that whatever the reason, I EXPECT something to go wrong.

Should have been a chip shot FG and we celebrate on the plane ride home.
  9. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That kick hit the defender in the chest, five yards behind the line of scrimmage, and you think it's the idiot kicker's fault!?!
  10. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,153 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    not sure I was blaming Vandy for the blocked kick however, tell me you're not all nervous when he comes on to kick. This problem should've been solved when we signed him.
  11. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't cringe when Vandy is about to kick a FG

hitting 80% of his K, not including the block, as it wasn't his fault, and all of his K inside 40 yards, will do that to me
  12. Sitting Bull

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OK, I get it. Yes, shows why football is the ultimate team sport.
  13. goshan

goshan Active Member Zone Supporter

1,869 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I am not nervous.
    Before that he was 10-12 on the year with two misses hitting the uprights.
  14. Joe_Fan

Joe_Fan Continuity Is Overrated

439 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Easy. We signed the wrong kicker.

We knew what we were getting in Vandy. He has a good FG % when the game isn't on the line and as of these past few seasons he seems to choke when we need it the most.

Adam V should have been the target from day 1 last season and we didn't take it seriously enough and we're paying for it yet again.

For crying out loud just get me a kicker who we can actually count on for a change.
  15. Sitting Bull

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Quincy, you've outed yourself! Hope you're enjoying the board....
  16. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Ugh, Vandy is making 82% of his kicks this year.

Anyone blaming him for anything really doesn't know what they are talking about ... but feel free to proceed anyway.
  17. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    when has Vandy choked for us? please, stop talking out of your rear
  18. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, if signed Vinatieri, he would have kicked the ball into the defenders chest, thus launching the defender in the air with the ball and going through the uprights.

You're a freakin' joke. The blocking on that field goal attempt was pathetic. Yes, Vandy has had 2 kicks that have hit the uprights, but how can you make a terrible statement suggesting that you thought all our problems would be solved when we signed Vandy?

If you didn't know, it's hard to kick a FG when there's 5 guys standing over the ball.

Are all of you guys really fans? Do you watch the games? Or do you just check nfl.com afterwards and come here to whine?

If I was a mod on this site, half you losers would be banned.
  19. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,007 Messages
    438 Likes Received

Actually its a different feeling all together... I was expecting to cringe when it went airborne and it didnt go anywhere.... whereas the other kickers atleast got it off the ground
  20. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, totally Vandy's fault it didn't get off the ground. What a trashy kicker he is. I can't believe he can't pierce through a player's shoulder pads and skin and kick through their organs to make a 35 yarder to win the game.

Vinatieri would have done that.