1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How long u been a cowboys fan?

Discussion in 'Members Zone' started by GhettoxCowboy, May 8, 2006.

1. groverat

groverat New Member

59 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I remember being 6-years-old jumping up and down when I saw the Cowboys draft Danny Noonan from Nebraska.

I had no affection for either Noonan or Nebraska, but I was little and got caught up in the whole thing as my dad was watching it.

Danny Noonan!
  2. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    born in '75. been a fan since my dad brought home a pair of cleats signed by #12 when i was four. my old man had been captian of the soccer team at the naval academy while roger was leading navy's football team.
  3. Phoenix-Talon

Phoenix-Talon Eagles Fan Liaison

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. Joe a Cowboys fan

Joe a Cowboys fan New Member

1,005 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Since 1964 and it was the glamour of Dallas that first attracted me. That sounds funny unless you saw them then. Dallas stunk their first two seasons, a no draft first season geting stuck with every teams cast offs. Coach Laundry trying to build with his players using his then innovative strategys. But there was something there that stuck with me till Dallas finally lost the can't win the big one tag with their first SB wins in the 70s. In 64 I was 12 and my familys following of football was limmited to watching the Navy / Army game. (;)) But there was something there and I have followed them ever since. Through the death march seasons of 88 and 89 and the thrills of the 70s and 90s. A lot of good players and some truely bad ones but the good ones and the one year wonders always gave me hope. Somehow, someday Dallas would be #1 and I do believe that it will happen again.
  5. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,039 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    The week before Super Bowl 12. There was an argument on the school bus between Denver and Dallas fans and I chose the Dallas side.
  6. yesfan

yesfan Active Member

1,302 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Better than 40 years now and i'm just as passionate.
  7. cabry32

cabry32 New Member

5 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I been a Cowboys fan since 1977. Twenty nine years and only I'm thirty-two years ago.
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :lmao2: yeah, I kinda doubt those saying they were fans since they were 3, 4, 5 years old, maybe their parents put jerseys on them and sat them on their lap watching Cowboy games, but I think they really didn't understand what was going on and that they caught the fever a little later
  9. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,116 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    i wouldnt have it any other way
  10. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,262 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    22 years, the first season I remember was in 1984 when we got beat by the then L.A. Rams in the payoffs.
  11. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,955 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    28 years...

SB XII was the first Cowboys game I remember watching on TV. My Father was not a big football fan back then, but the Cowboys were a Texas team so we wanted them to win. I don't remember much about the game, only that Dallas won and that made us all happy. Soon after, my parents bought me a (white) Cowboys jersey #12 and it was official. I was only 9 years old and that jersey didn't even last six months, because I wore it almost everyday. :)

:starspin
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    No wonder we lost. They were paid off ;)
  13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,670 Messages
    765 Likes Received
    As a child who grew up in the Washington, D.C., area, I was a staunch Redskins fan. I hated the Cowboys and Roger Staubach with a passion.

And then the Cowboys drafted Tony Dorsett. I don't know what happened but instantly I became a Cowboys fan.

I have never looked back since. :D
  14. GhettoxCowboy

GhettoxCowboy Dem Boyz

1,773 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i agree with this 110% :lmao:
  15. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,235 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    When I was 3 years old, all that I wanted for Christmas was a Dallas Cowboys belt buckle. Of course, I got that and other things. I found it not all that long ago.

Since birth! :)
  16. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Since 1977 when I was 8.
  17. lane

lane The Chairman

10,723 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    since 1975.....
  18. cancowboy

cancowboy Member

38 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Since the first Superbowl win against Miami
  19. HTownCowboysFan

HTownCowboysFan New Member

1,912 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hell, I'm 40, so since c. 1970 give or take.
  20. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,384 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    don't know exactly but i remember the likes of bob lily, roger staubach, preston pearson and of course drew pearson. 73?