1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How many hours of TV do you watch per day?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by rash, Oct 10, 2012.

1. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    So...I am one of the oddballs out there who doesn't own a television.
    I actually didn't realize how uncommon it is to not have one until being barraged with "Are you serious? Then what do you do?" questions in one of my communications courses.

With that being said, I spend close to 0 hours behind the tube, with the exception being the Cowboys games I catch on the weekends at the pub.

How much time do yall spend per day behind the tube?
    Some statistics claim that the average human will spend somewhere around 9 years of their life watching television.
  2. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,884 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I normally spend about 2hrs watching TV, surfing the net, reading, etc.. in bed before I go to sleep each night.
  3. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I generally don't watch much TV besides sports and sometimes I will kick on one of the science or history channels. That said, I got Netflix a few months ago I guess and I've been watching all of the Star Trek Voyager series. I'm down to the last two episodes of the final season. I will probably finish them off tonight.

Not sure what I will do after that. Not sure I want to start in on TNG as that is what 10 seasons worth. haha Probably go back to not watching much TV for a while.
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
  6. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,295 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    Tube? Who has a tube TV (other than my mom and sister)?

Weekends, I watch much more, at home during week, depends if son has skating or not, can be 5 hours, say 7-12.

Do you watch your tv on the computer?
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not much really. Only time I watch TV is Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday because the football games are played on those days. It'll change when the NBA season starts in a few weeks.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,305 Messages
    3,612 Likes Received
    Considering the quantity of garbage out there that is probably the right answer.
  9. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,853 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    None.

A few years ago our tv tower snd antenna blew down in a storm and our tv got burned up by lightening and we decided not to replace it. I do kinda miss the Cowboys games though but not much. Other than the games I don't miss tv at all.

I spend lots of time on the internet but do not watch any TV shows. For a while I watched the games on streaming video but it was so jerky it wasn't worth watching and also picked up a lot of viruses that way so just quit watching streaming video.

Not having tv has greatly enhanced our appreciation of country life and allowed us to get a lot more accomplished.

I might consider buying a new tv if I could select only the channels I want but all satellite companies require a two year contract with dozens of channels we wouldn't want on our tv, much less watch.

Some family members gave us an old analog tube-type set so we could watch our old videotapes.

We can afford as many tvs as we want but we refuse to be forced to comply with the satellite companies' demands. Neither my wife nor I grew up with tv so it matters very little to us. My wife reads lots of books and has become quite erudite and I run an internet business from home and have become rather well-known among garlic lovers all over the world. Of course, I have been doing that for the last 15 years so it is nothing new.

Who knows, someday we may give in and get satellite but the games are not hardly worth watching right now anyway.

Life is good.
  10. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    The REAL question is not how much TV do you watch, but how much of what you see and hear on Television do you actually believe?
  11. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,392 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    About 4 hours per day if I average it out. Mostly sports.

My wife records those two popular singing shows (american idol, and the other one) so I watch some of that with her. I watch probably one movie per week, a few old sitcoms, and shows that actually talk about real life. History channel, discovery channel type of stuff.
  12. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,008 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Probably less than 2 hours/day unless it is Sunday (football) or Monday night (more football).
  13. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My TV is on fro 6-12 or bedtime. I'm not always watching it...just background noise. I used to watch A LOT of tv but now prob 2 hours a night....catching up on DVR shows etc...
  14. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Active Member

4,094 Messages
    16 Likes Received
  15. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,267 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    2 to 3 hours a night.
  16. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,179 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Maybe 30 minutes a day. 7+ hours on Sunday
  17. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,758 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    Same here... I have it on for background and watch it from time to time while surfing the net, cooking or doing something with the kids...
  18. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Probably about 6-8 hours day. I love me some TV.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,767 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    :signmast:
  20. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

686 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    Weekdays I watch 1 to 2 hours depending on how tired I am.

After I come from work I help kids' homework than prepare them for bed. They go to sleep at 8 and since I wake up at 6 everyday I end up sleeping by 9:30 PM or 10:00 pm depending on how tired I am.