1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How many puppet headcoaches in the NFL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BHendri5, Jan 8, 2013.

1. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,268 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I say every last one of them, if the owner does not like what is going on, he tells them to do something else, if they do not they are fired. Oh there are some coaches that have a lot of power, but they still have some one who will or can tug on their strings.

So this calling Garrett a puppet is a bunch of bull, if he is a puppet then every single coach is a puppet, no matter what level, well except Pop warner and junior high.
  2. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,483 Messages
    2,333 Likes Received
    How many coaches in the NFL have their staff hired for them without final approval by the owner?

I guess it is done, but don't know where.

I'll say I think up until now Garrett has had more authority than most of the head coaches Jones has hired post Jimmy.

But if they bring in a new DC and OC, that just got whittled away.
  3. BHendri5

3,268 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    you could be right, and then again you could be wrong, I say Garrett has the team on the right track, Rob Ryan needed to go. The stuff people say Garrett did with his play calling, I say Ryan was doing the same thing.

I have heard of other coaches inheriting a ready made staff before, it has been done by more than Jerry Jones. Jerry has not done anything that has not already been done before.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,058 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    Prove it...

People are getting fired. Stop with the delusional stuff. The job isn't getting done.
  5. BHendri5

3,268 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    You prove it, prove that is has never been done before.
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,367 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    You say Garrett has the team on the right track...well do you think Rob Ryan just sat back and contributed nothing in that process too?
  7. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You guys are making statements that is is fact when it has been both ways with Jerry letting guys pick and not letting guys pick.

Everyone is going crazy and the rumors are not even saying it was Jerry idea.

Once again if you hate Garrett is is Jerry meddling if you hate Jerry it is him meddling
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,845 Messages
    10,145 Likes Received
    That's the real issue here. People shouldn't be focusing on the names leaving and going. It's who is driving this change? It looks to me like a shift from some power to no power once again for our head coach.

If he just got his defensive coordinator fired and a new offensive coordinator in on the way, Jason Garrett is now Wade Phillips with a tapeworm.

I don't know what fan of this team could possibly think that would be a good thing.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,058 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    They said on ESPN Radio that Rob talked to Jason and he believes it was Jerry's idea to get rid of him.
  10. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,483 Messages
    2,333 Likes Received
    This bolded area is confusing.

So if you are saying that Garrett was doing the same thing as Ryan, and then you are okay with Ryan getting canned, please explain how you them think Garrett is doing a good job.

Right kind of guys?

So explain to me what the process is at Valley Ranch.

Is Jerry making the hires? With Garrett's approval? Without?

Seems this is the Jerry show and the head coach be damned.

It also seems we have a man who has been a Madden player running this franchise for a long time.

What made Jimmy successful was to bring in his staff. Jerry has been hiring the individual coaches since Jimbo left.

So, since he hired them, does that mean he has created the same type of climate the players enjoy.

Go around the head coach to Jerry, which essentially castrates the head coach?

Have you ever seen any, and I mean ANY commercial venture that has a lead manager being circumvented by his boss in micro decisions succeed?

Ever heard of any management discipline that teaches the idea that a senior manager can undercut his lead manager - read general manager for the purpose of player management - and the business will thrive?

Why the hell doesn't Jerry just name himself head coach and be done with this foolishness?
  11. stiletto

stiletto Member

789 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    There are all sizes of puppets...unfortunately ours is a Big Bird that looks like Elmo....
  12. BHendri5

3,268 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    yep, he did nothing but confuse his players
  13. BHendri5

3,268 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    The owner, just like the owners that fired all the coaches that got fired after the season, and all the coaches that has been fired in the past, present and the future, the owners drive the change, Jerry is driving this change,.

The power is always in the owners hands, what is so hard to understand about that.

No, Garrett is not Wade, Wade has had 4/5 head coaching jobs and his MO has always been the same, just as his MO as a DC has always been the same. Great DC, but also ran as a HC.
  14. BHendri5

3,268 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I'm not agreeing that Garrett play calling was the same as Ryan's I was saying that that is what some here complained about, no one never knew what the hell Ryan was calling.

Garrett is weeding out Parcells weak no heart players and Wade's soft players
  15. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Pittsburgh and the owner can say what ever he wants but they fired the O-Coordinator because the owner wanted to go back to power run game.

Texans Wade was forced on Gary.

Tony Dungy inherited an offensive coordinator with no say in the matter.

Gruden and his defense in Tampa.

That is off the top my head