1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How much does Kerry Collins fantasy stock go up if....

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by wxcpo, Jul 1, 2005.

1. wxcpo

wxcpo Active Member

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Owens' Days as Bird Numbered?
    PHILADELPHIA-June 30, 2005 — With all the contract squabbles continuing, are the Eagles about to give T.O. the heave-ho?

There are reports a trade is in the works with the Oakland Raiders. Owens would go to Oakland for wide receiver Jerry Porter.

T.O. may be trade bait because he wants the Eagles to give him more money.

If he goes to Oakland, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Terrell Owens, and Randy Moss.

Yesterday, Moss told reporters he could co-exist with T.O. as long as he got the number of passes he deserves.

Do you guys really believe that Moss & T.O. could really coexist in an offense? Man leave it to the Raiders to try and find out.
  2. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,804 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    T.O can't even co-exist with himself. Randy Moss isn't far behind. There's no doubt there'd be fireworks, but it sure would still be fun to watch. :)
  3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,051 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    If that trade happens, you can bet I'll be joining a Raider's board just to watch the mayhem.

(Note - I hate the Raiders - specifically, Al Davis. The guy looks like a dead fish.)
  4. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That would be the best WR pair in the history of the NFL.
    But it wouldn't necessarily make for a better offense. They would cut into each others progress. That and their egos would collide too often. The Raiders head office is full of idiots. Teamhing big names up with other big names doesn't always equal success. Especially when you're talking about the veteran head-case types that the Raiders seem to love. Teams are most successful when they have a good mix of talent, personality, experience, etc.

I think Collins wouldn't be any more productive than he would be currently. They already have a great stable of WRs with Porter, Moss, Gabriel, and Curry. The one thing Owens' presence would affect is Lamont Jordan. His presence along with Moss would make teams account for the big pass play on every down. Their opponents would play the whole game deeper than usual trying to thwart the air attack thus making their run defense weak and leaving a large cushion for Jordan to rack up yards all day.
  5. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    So how many offensive players would they have to cut in order to manage the cap hit of this trade?

Not going to happen.
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    They couldn't afford the cap hit on the new deal Porter just signed.
  7. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,462 Messages
    3,287 Likes Received
    I'm sure the Raiders will figure out a way to do it. I mean, this is the Raiders. When you think they can't do it, they somehow pull it off.

If this deal has any legs at all, I think Al will do whatever it takes and pull the trigger.
  8. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    He'll throw in one of his swap meet sweat suits for Andy Reid :D
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,462 Messages
    3,287 Likes Received
    He'll need more than one for Andy Reid. Toss in three of 'em to be stitched together and you might have a deal.
  10. Scottishcowboy#74

Scottishcowboy#74 New Member

6 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Can't see this happening myself.

In this off-season Porter was handed a $7m signing bonus over 5 years.... witha cap charge of $2.4m this year (1.4 pro-rated signing bonus and $1m salary)

If the Raiders do trade Porter, the cap charge increases to account for the full signing bonus of $7m (an increase of $4.6m). Couple that with what Owens is expected to make as a base salary in the present deal, some $3.25m (and that's before he has renegotiated!!!!!) and you are talking about to get Owens to play for you a cap charge of $10.25m.

Now the boy Snyder might consider a deal like that, but I doubt Al Davis would.
  11. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I'm sure Al could get it done :D
  12. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    These guys would be so good together and so complementary it would be truly frightening. Both are awesome deep, on crossing patterns, and in the red zone. TO is better over the middle and Randy is better down the sidelines. What a pair, easily the best ever (on paper)!

Philly would have to eat TO's signing bonus, wouldn't they?
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,944 Messages
    1,545 Likes Received
    Poor QB would have 2 loud mouths hollering at him and with both guys having such poor additudes it would be only a matter of time before they went off on each other on the sidelines. I agree on paper this would look great but I think personality wise it would cause conflict
  14. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    But what a great problem to have! Normally you have guys screaming in the huddle they are open all the time and they really aren't open.

I believe these guys would have respect for each other and they would enjoy competing against each other. Outside of Cris Carter and Jerry Rice (wow, nice mentors) I think these guys have had little to no respect for any other WR teammates. That would change if they played together.

Where I see them complaining is if Norv runs the ball too much-- I already predict that bugs Moss this year.

[EDIT]

How huge would this be for the Cowboys! Losing true well-rounded WR's like Coles and Owens from a division to be replaced by one-dimensional guys like Moss and Porter! Of course seeing Burress twice a year is going to suck big time.
  15. HardHittin'Witten

HardHittin'Witten This ain't Madden

2,548 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I hope it does happen just to watch the chaos that follows. Lord knows how much i can't stand T.O. or the Raiders.
  16. Doomsday101

74,944 Messages
    1,545 Likes Received
    We would have to wait and see. Just remember the trouble TO made for Jeff Garcia or the comments about Freddie Mitchel. TO does that to Moss I can promise you they will get into it. On paper I agree it looks great but 2 loud mouths like these guys will creat so much trouble for the raiders it would not be worth it and could split that team apart quickly. Face it the Raiders could win the game but if these guys are not getting the ball they will pout and throw hissy fits. I'm always about team over individuals which is one reason the Pats in my opinion have had such great success they are a solid team and play as such
  17. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,835 Messages
    853 Likes Received
    Al looks like what Andy Reid would look like with 200 pounds of fat siphoned off. All saggy skin.

Maybe Al could get Andy the 3 lipo sessions he needs to drop under 200 pounds.
  18. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    If Rice was TO's mentor he didn't learn much from him.
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,196 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    I'd give ten of either one for one Irvin. Both of these guys might be more talented, physically, then Irvin but neither is the WR he was IMO. Irvin had his problems but he understood winning. To him, that was always more important. Neither of these guys posses that quality.
  20. Doomsday101

74,944 Messages
    1,545 Likes Received
    I agree. For all the faults Irvin had he was still a team player and anyone who attended camp would see that 1st hand as Mike would constantly shout words of encouragement to teammates and helping the other WR on the team. Yes Mike always wanted the ball but if Dallas won Mike never complained about not getting the ball as much as he would have liked.