1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How much faith do you have in the FO and the Scouts?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by fffiasco, Mar 14, 2011.

1. fffiasco

fffiasco Member

730 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    After picking up two starters in last years draft and also two players in later rounds who look like they have the ability to contribute (sam young and lissemore)... along with Jason and Rob's input, how comfortable are you with who the cowboys are going to pick?
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,377 Messages
    668 Likes Received
    Based on the 09 and 06 drafts, and alot of 07, not much. They really need to hit big on a top 10 pick, and two in the top 41.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,048 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    I regained faith in our scouting department in 2002 when Jeff Ireland replaced Larry Lacewell. I have just as much faith in Tom Ciskowski, maybe even a little more. If you look at our roster since that seminal date you will see that the draft picks were better, the free agent signings were better, and the teams started winning again and is in good position to capitalize on the talent assembled.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,196 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    In every position but O line good. There none at all.
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,336 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    Agreed, word for word.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    You never know how any player will do but I will say Dallas has not been reaching for players as they did soon after Jimmy left
  7. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I have faith in Ciskowski too, only thing I dont like is that Jerry Jones rehired Larry Lacewell after parcells left. Dont remember exactly what Lacewell is doing now, just dont like Lacewell back in the organization, especially if Lacewell is giving Jerry Jones draft hints or free agents to sign, etc... :cool:
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,520 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    I'm middle of the road on them, they do a good job for the most part but there have been some stinkers that's for sure.
  9. Hostile

118,048 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    Larry Lacewell does not work for the Cowboys and hasn't since 2002. He does have an office at Valley Ranch courtesy of Jerry Jones, an old friend, but he does not work for the Cowboys in any capacity and hasn't since 2002.
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,179 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    I don't think Lacewell left until 2004, or maybe it was 2005.
  11. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I thought all the scouting was done by reading the mock drafts and comments here!
  12. Hostile

118,048 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    You are correct about 2004, but he was merely a consultant to Jerry. He was not involved in the Draft or Free Agency after Ireland arrived in 2002. In other words, they paid him the 2 years remaining on his contract.
  13. Chocolate Lab

33,179 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Don't believe that's correct. It's easy enough to google, but whatever.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,196 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    BP pretty much shunted Lacewell aside from day one. Might have been the best thing he did for the franchize.
  15. Hostile

118,048 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    By all means be my guest.
  16. Chocolate Lab

33,179 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Okay... It says Lacewell didn't leave until 2005, and even a DC.com article said he'd run every draft since the late 90s until then. Now Parcells had a ton of influence when he was here, obviously. But Parcells was the one who took a liking to Ireland and got him promoted, so it didn't happen in 2002.