How real men remove fish hooks

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Jon88, May 13, 2010.

1. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [youtube]kSabNK2XJHc[/youtube]

2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

67,296 Messages
    22,627 Likes Received
    :eekmouse:

3. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,653 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Captain Joe for President. :laugh2:

4. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,251 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Still not as good as the young guy in colorado who had to cut off his own arm with a swiss army knife after a boulder fell on it and trapped him in the woods.

I can't even imagine.

5. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He said it felt great when he realized that he had a way out. He said he broke his arm and then cut away.

He had been trapped a while I think.

6. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

24,771 Messages
    9,742 Likes Received
    Reminds me of the time I had a single hook stuck in my thumb. Fished the rest of the day, had a 'few' beers then pushed the hook out throguh my thumb backwards.

7. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My grandmother got a big hook in her thumb on a deep sea fishing trip. A doctor on the boat pushed it through, cut the tip off, then took it out.

8. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What's even nicer about it is the guy was ********.

9. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

4,030 Messages
    388 Likes Received
    I can tell you from personal experience this works very well. I was bass fishing on Sam Rayburn early one afternoon with my mother-in-law, who happens to be a top notch fisherperson. Anyway,after getting a 'Pop-R' hung up in the buck brush,I did what you shouldn't ever do in that situation,that is put a lot of 'pull' on the line to free it. Sure enough,it broke loose,and shot straight back at me,where it buried a treble hook in my thigh. It was super deep,and a little working on it let me know I wasn't going to get it out. Well,I cut the lure from the line,gingerly threaded the treble from the split ring,leaving only the hook in my leg. My MIL asked if I wanted to go to the ER to get it out,and I told her we would go later,after we had fished a few more hours.
    Got to the ER around 9:00pm,and the ER assistant came out,looked at it,chuckled,and proceeded to put the cord around it as shown. It was out in a split second,and I didn't feel it at all. Best yet,I learned how to do it,and have used it on others successfully.

10. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hooked my brother in the head one time but thankfully we were able to pull it out pretty easy.

11. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He was there for a few days if I remember the article I read about it. He had given himself up for dead. Better than the end of The Interlopers, for certain.

12. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    From what I remember he was euphoric when he broke his arm in two places and then cut himself away.

That is one story of survival.

13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

35,090 Messages
    4,359 Likes Received
    That's unreal.

Anyone imagine cutting through that "funny bone" nerve.

That would be awful.

14. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Wouldn't it be funny though?

15. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He cut his forearm for your information!

;)