1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How Rob Ryan told Jeff Fisher he was leaving for New Orleans

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 22, 2013.

1. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,769 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I can see why people dislike Ryan because of his personality, but I don't mind him. He is a little over the top but its entertaining and it seemed like our players played hard for him. I think he did a good job last season considering how beat up our defense was. If his defensive schemes are as complicated as they are reported to be, then I imagine that losing Sean Lee was difficult to overcome.
  2. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,948 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    Meh. I don't hate him. Thought he did the best he could last year. Wish him well in New Orleans.

But clearly he's a tad overrated. Also a little bit over-the-top.
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,954 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Interesting since I thought he wasn't hired by St. Louis.
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Why does this shock you? Many fans hate players on our team currently.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,132 Messages
    7,850 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan is not one of 'ours.' He's the loudmouth journeyman son of Buddy Freaking Ryan, of all people. Good riddance to that fat, lazy, pirate-looking sloppy goofball.
  6. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Who cares...Rob Ryan is gone....I dont give a hoot what Rob Ryan does...why are Cowboy fans even engaging in this online conversation.....Why bother...he is a nobody...not a defensive guru just a loud mouth...blowing smoke
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,652 Messages
    5,563 Likes Received
    :signmast:
    Exactly.
  8. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

760 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    This.
  9. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,408 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Precisely. How dare someone leave Dallas...even if he was fired by our addled GM in a a drunken spasm!
  10. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,126 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    Part of me wants to say that's a sleazy thing to do. But teams drop coaches on a whim and no one bats an eye. I can't fault a guy for wanting to work at a better organization.
  11. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,152 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    I thought he never was hired by the Rams anyway...
  12. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    You need to come out of your shell Idgit and tell us how you REALLY feel..haha
  13. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,002 Messages
    1,538 Likes Received
    The buffet's in New Orleans must be better than anywhere else
  14. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    I would say that he could have done it a tad more tactfully (if the report is actually true), but otherwise would totally agree.

I bear no ill will towards Rob Ryan. He was all in for this team while he was here and, honestly, I don't agree that his schemes were the real problem (lack of talent was).
  15. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,771 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    I liked Rob, but there were some problems that kept happening. Getting called for 12 men over and over on important 3rd downs was a kicks in the nuts. I hope he does well and I can see why he would want to work for Peyton over that knob Fisher. That chances of him getting fined for saying something about bountygate are pretty high.
  16. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,622 Messages
    1,036 Likes Received
    He was working there. There wasn't a contract in place.

The angle people keep missing here is that there really was no rush to get the guy under contract. Since we fired him, he's collecting whatever the difference is between the remaining years on his deal here and his new deal. I'm sure the Rams would have gone as long as possible before paying him anything
  17. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Notice how there was not a dramatic statement when he arrived to the Rams but when he leaves. Once again, Ryan places more emphasis on who is dropping back than who is rushing in.
  18. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,126 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    Well, I'm sure the process went something similar to this, but I doubt he just dropped his keys on the desk and walked out.

In any event, it's better he did it face to face, rather than by a phone call..... Talk about classless.
  19. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,588 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    My question as well, it makes no sense. How do you quit if you were never hired ?:huh:
  20. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Only 32 NFL defensive coordinators in the world, and Rob Ryan has been one of those 32 for the last decade. And he was just hired by one of the league's best head coaches.

He wasn't a good fit in Dallas and he's obnoxious, as his family pedigree requires, but acting like he can't coach is laughable.