1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: How the Jones' Impulse Shorts the Cowboys Future

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by T-RO, Feb 23, 2013.

1. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,402 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    We often talk here on Cowboys Nation about prioritizing picks and how the Cowboys rebuilding project always seems to be two years or more in duration.

This week, I did a joint story with Fox Sports Southwest's Bob Sturm and Newsradio 1310 The Ticket's David Newbury on the Cowboys' off-season plans. My piece, which I'm re-printing here, gets at the reasons why the Cowboys never seem to make up ground...

Article:
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2013/02/how-jones-impulse-shorts-cowboys-future.html
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,405 Messages
    1,653 Likes Received
    Loved the comment that Jerry handles draft picks like Dez handles money. :lmao2:

Too bad it's true.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,883 Messages
    7,298 Likes Received
    Nothing groundbreaking here. When your football team is run by someone not qualified to be in that position, you get what we've gotten. We've all got strengths and weaknesses. Areas of expertise and incompetence. Jerry has cemented himself in a position he simply doesn't have the ability to succeed in.

The real fix is life after Jerry. That's when there's at least a chance we can get back to normalcy and a level playing field again. But that's contingent on Stephen Jones not also being completely insane.
  4. BoysFan4ever

5,405 Messages
    1,653 Likes Received
    Definitely. Wonder how far that apple falls from that tree.

I don't think he will be as bad a GM as Jerry but that would pretty much be impossible so that's not saying much.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,883 Messages
    7,298 Likes Received
    Well to me it just comes down to whether he'll be a GM at all. Neither are qualified. So will Stephen stop the nonsense and hire somebody with a track record of success in personnel?

It's the Dallas Cowboys. Their football operations should be run by the best and brightest personnel mind you can find. It shouldn't be a play toy for the family of the owner.

So let's see if Stephy boy really is the voice of reason when he takes over. I think I already know the answer but I admit it's just a guess.
  6. BoysFan4ever

5,405 Messages
    1,653 Likes Received
    I agree. Use your billions & hire somebody qualified.