1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How would you rank Meredith, Staubach, White, Aikman, Romo?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Oct 10, 2013.

1. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    I was torn between him and White for the fourth spot, and I'm not knocking either of them because both were better than a lot of people think they are.
    jobberone likes this.
  2. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,064 Messages
    664 Likes Received
    Go and watch Eli's playoff performances. Big deal.

I love Aikman, but you look at what he had compared to Roger, White, Romo... I mean we're talking the NFL's best defense and leading rusher. How hard is it to play quarterback with that?
  3. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,004 Messages
    4,533 Likes Received
    White was a better athlete than Staubach but maybe not the winner Roger was. Hard to say.
  4. gimmesix

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Staubach's team didn't have a great Doomsday Defense or great running attacks? You need to go back even further and watch his Super Bowl teams.
  5. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,064 Messages
    664 Likes Received
    There has not and never will be a team better than the 92-93 Cowboys. Never.
  6. jobberone

39,004 Messages
    4,533 Likes Received
    Funny but I believe he is underrated. Aikman was a master at running the vertical offense. Of course he benefitted from an offense able to run the ball particularly up the middle, two WRs able to spread the field vertically, a great hybrid TE, and a WR who ran precise routes. The defense helped the offense of course but a ball control offense helped the defense as well. Aikman was able to read and react to defenses appropriately as well as put the ball into tight spots with velocity too I might add. He is the perfect QB for the vertical offense.
  7. gimmesix

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Staubach's Cowboys teams didn't have to be better than the 92-93 Cowboys. They just had to be better than their competition ... and they were better with a hard-nosed defense, a timely running game and Captain Comeback, not to mention the guy in the funny hat. The only TEAM better during Dallas heyday was the Pittsburgh Steelers.
  8. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,614 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    1. Staubach
    2. Aikman
    3. Romo
    4. Meredith
    5. White

?? Pelluer?
  9. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Meredith could light up a smoke on the sidelines, put it out, then come in and throw a TD pass.
    jobberone likes this.
  10. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,714 Messages
    1,251 Likes Received
    Jobber that darn auto correct got you on this one . When you were typing "white was a better punter than staubach", it slipped by you and actually read "better athlete. "
    Anyway just wanted to give you a heads up cause i know you wouldn't want a blasphemous post like that in your history.......:D
    jobberone likes this.
  11. jobberone

39,004 Messages
    4,533 Likes Received
    LOL. No, Danny would keep Roger pissed off because he beat him at everything. They were very good friends and did a lot of stuff together. Danny beat him from basketball to ping pong which would piss Roger off who wanted to win at everything he did. Roger just was a winner on the field and poor Danny either didn't have the team like Roger or couldn't get what he had to play like Roger did. When Roger was in the huddle the guys knew he was going to lead them back. Of course Roger stunk it up a few times but he just made people believe in him.
  12. jobberone

39,004 Messages
    4,533 Likes Received
    LOL. And he could make Landry so mad with his irreverent attitude about everything. Landry had a sense of humor just not on the sidelines. Meredith was a hoot. You know he spent time in the hospital post games more than once. Between the early teams being so bad and the rules allowing guys to knock the crap out of the QB (often illegally even then as well) Meredith got really beaten up badly. Meredith wasn't always so happy go lucky though. He could really blast guys in the huddle and didn't take any crap back either. He was a helluva QB and guy.
    Diogenes and randy932 like this.
  13. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,714 Messages
    1,251 Likes Received
    Lol.. Yeah I wish Danny could have gotten over the hump. I think by the time he came around our doomsday d had gotten a little long in the tooth. If only e walls had cut in front of Clark instead of behind him. If only Pearson wore a tear away jersey... If only.
    I wish history could have been kinder to him and Meredith. Both great players that represented the star. Here's hoping tony doesn't suffer the same fate.
    jobberone likes this.
  14. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    Staubach led the league in passer rating on multiple occasions. He had the highest career passer rating when he retired. He posted a 104 -- higher than Romo ever has -- in 1971!

He was the best quarterback of the NFL's best era. He had the best wheels of the group. And he won 2 Super Bowls.

It isn't even in dispute who is number 1.
  15. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,666 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    I'd have to go....
    Staubach
    Aikman
    Meredith
    Romo
    White
  16. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,215 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    We all love Meredith, but youre getting ahead of yourself if you actually place Dandy Don above Romo. Be real
  17. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,186 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Never saw Meredith or Staubach play unfortunately.

Aikman
    Romo
    White
  18. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,797 Messages
    1,012 Likes Received
    You can have your opinion. I can say that I believe it is idiotic. It is.
  19. randy932

randy932 Member

529 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Staubach
    Meredith
    Aikman
    White
    Romo
  20. Aurican

Aurican Active Member

196 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Romo wouldn't of lasted long playing in AIkman's era IMO the rules now have greatly changed the game and I don't believe his body could of taken the hits those QBs took even with his elusiveness. The stats can't be compared due to the different eras and other variables but Aikman was clutch in the playoffs against top competition.