1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How's this for an offensive coordinator to counter Bill's conservative tendencies?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TruBlueCowboy, Oct 25, 2005.

1. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Word on ESPN is that Mike Martz will not be coming back to the Rams and that the front office is going to use this medical condition as an excuse to fire him. ESPN even claims that Martz had a guy in the booth during the games that he was going to relay plays/suggestions to and the Rams wouldn't allow the guy to enter the coaching booth.

Anyways.... one of the gripes on Parcells is that he's too conservative for his own good. When I think of the opposite spectrum, a guy who probably passes more than he should, is always going for the jugular, I think of Mike Martz. Imagine those two together next year. Opposites attract. :D
  2. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,230 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    NO thank you....We don't have the skill players for that offense, and Parcells doesn't have the temperament for it....that one will never happen.

Parcells wants to control the game and pound it out....that's his mantra and his history....anyone who thinks he's suddenly going to become a guy who runs a highpowered high risk attack, despite the Philly game, is going to be greatly disappointed.
  3. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No skilled players? All we need is a Torry Holt! How hard can it be to find one of the best receivers of the last 10 years?! ;)

I'd pay money just to hear what's on the headset during games with those two going at it.
  4. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,965 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I always thought that "Jaws" would be a great Offensive coordinator.
  5. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received

It's much more fun second guessing everyone.:)
  6. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Please.........NO!
  7. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Martz would be a great O-coordinator for us.
  8. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    martz is an offensive genius. he would of course have to control some of his tendencies a bit, but man that would be a lot funner than watching 13-10 losses. That would be a great pairing, as long as bill is still teh head coach.
  9. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,232 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Hmmm...if you look at all teams since he's been the HC, he's had the #1 offense.....followed by KC.

I like his "Go for the jugular from the get-go" approach to tell you quite honestly. Unfortuantely, he does have some questionable "in-game" decisions.
  10. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ya me too, i cant imagine a potent offense to match our already pretty good defense that is getting better. get it done for 06 bill, get rid of stupid sean.
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,485 Messages
    3,719 Likes Received
    It might work in fantasy land, but Coach Parcells would choke Mike Martz within a quarter of football.

They are simply too different.
  12. jman

jman Active Member

1,765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lets see...Martz...go deep every play with zero protection for the QB...Parcells...Run it and then max protect the QB...hmmmm

LOL...And you thought that that little wussy fight on the sidelines with Todd Haley was something...LOL

That would be too many egos to go around.
  13. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,641 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I don't know about the O-coordinator, but he sure could be a quarterbacks/wide receiver coach, and be the passing coordinator.
  14. Murph80

Murph80 Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No No! He is awful All he wants to do is throw the ball. He is 31-27 since they went to the Super Bowl.
  15. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,974 Messages
    604 Likes Received
    Great OC but not really HC material. He's not a fit at all for BP's style. He's much more about getting downfield in a hurry than ball control.

Some you need to realize that Bill's offense is always going to be like this. We aren't going to get better by changing the play calling -- we are going to get better by having guys get more reps and execute more correctly.
  16. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,485 Messages
    3,719 Likes Received
    You are right. Coach Parcells is not going to suddenly wake up one day and turn into Don Coryell and start throwing the ball.

He has had better (and more assertive, I believe) coordinators in the past and he trusted these coaches. Dan Henning, Ray Handley, Charlie Weis and Chris Palmer were "his guys". I believe Payton still does not have the complete control (or trust) that any of these other coaches had. In fact, Coach Parcells even relieved Weis of his playcalling duties when they were with the Jets. Make no mistake, the offense will not be changing any time soon.
  17. StonetheCrow77

StonetheCrow77 Member

876 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Dan Henning... get rid of Payton... make Henning the Assistant coach/OC... they would be great...
  18. kingwhicker

kingwhicker BCRSA

3,290 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,014 Messages
    1,580 Likes Received
    No matter who the Offensive Coordinator is Bill Parcells still has veto power over any and all calls during the game. Bill is not watching this game as some fan he knows exactly what plays are coming in.
  20. Hoovie

Hoovie Member

168 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll agree with most everyone else, Martz and Parcells just wouldn't get along.

But the statement "all he wants to do is throw the ball" is ludicrous. Steven Jackson is 11th in the NFL in rushing yrds this season (480 yrds) and 6th in the NFC.