1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Humor: Gerald Sensabaugh Phone Call Home

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by SWG9, Jan 3, 2013.

1. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Mr Sensabaugh: Hello?

Sensabaugh: Dad? It’s me, Gerald.

Mr. Sensabaugh: Gerald, I’m glad to hear from you. I’m so sorry about the loss the other day. I can’t believe the Cowboys yanked you from the starting lineup like that; that was cold. Did they even tell you that they were going to do that in advance?

Sensabaugh: (awkward silence) Umm…Dad, I don’t know how to tell you this, but I started and played the entire game.

Mr. Sensabaugh: (blurts out) WHAT!?! I didn’t even notice you out there! (silence) Son, I’m sorry, that came out the wrong way...

Sensabaugh: Dad, don’t worry about it. I can barely even remember playing and the game was only a couple of days ago. Even I had to go back and re watch the tape to make sure that I was actually on the field and that it wasn’t just a dream. You know I tend to zone out and take mental naps a lot of the time when I’m out there, sometimes it’s tough to figure what was real and what wasn’t.

Mr. Sensabaugh: I know son, your lapses in concentration are legendary. Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing you take a terrible angle on RG3’s TD.

Sensabaugh: I know, and I even did my patented “Throw my hands in the air and act like it was someone else’s fault” routine. I’ve been doing that since Alan Ball was here and it still works like a charm!!

Mr. Sensabaugh: (laughs) Have you given any thought to where you’re going to play next year?

Sensabaugh: Dad, that’s the thing: I don’t even think I’m in danger of losing my starting job or even my roster spot. It’s unbelievable down here; half the people are blaming injuries, the other half are blaming coaching. I don’t think anyone even noticed how bad I was. They don’t give a flip about safeties in Dallas, they keep signing UDFA’s and castoffs to compete with me. You’ve got to see these guys to believe how bad they are. I don’t have to be good, I don’t have to be average, I don’t even have to be below average. I just need to be better than whatever terrible street level free agent they sign to play opposite me.

Mr. Sensabaugh: Son, since we’re being so honest with each other, aren’t you at little worried that the coaches are going to catch on? I mean, how many years can this go on for?

Sensabaugh: It doesn’t matter if the coaches catch on Dad, Jerry Jones calls the shots down here. The other day he passed me in the hallway and called me Darren. He thinks I’m Darren Woodson. As long as I hide out for the most of the offseason and stay invisible during camp, I think I’m safe.

Mr. Sensabaugh: (smiling) How big was that extension you signed again?

Sensabaugh: (smiling) 22.5 million.

(simultaneous laughter)
  2. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is a terrible post.
  3. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,831 Messages
    873 Likes Received

More importantly, a terrible player.

The contract extensions for Rat, Free, and the aforementioned hunchback would get any GM fired outside of Jerryland.
  4. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like your post, as there is some truth in some of it. Please have a good day!
  5. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    442 Likes Received

You got me laughing, thanks for that.
  6. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Also ridiculous!!!!
  7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,461 Messages
    2,071 Likes Received
    hilarious

i needed the laugh

thanx
  8. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

801 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    :lmao2: ......hilarious.....

I thought I was the only one who noticed his "throw your hands up" routine.....the guy must have pics of Jerry and Jason in a uncompromising position. funny stuff.
  9. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,831 Messages
    873 Likes Received

Sorry, forgot to give you props. Comedy imitating life.
  10. riverside4

riverside4 Active Member

212 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    awesome post you made me laugh Thanks
  11. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

967 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I hope someone in here doesn't know father Sensabaugh.
  12. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,638 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Yeah this is painfully funny.

The worse potential starter next year on our D gets a pass around here by some.

Its pathetically sad really, well played SW.
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,783 Messages
    5,195 Likes Received
    sensabaugh is the worst. antithesis of darren woodson who was a very active player. i can hardly stand even looking at sensabaugh anymore. i'm popping champagne the day he is released.
  14. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Thanks guys, wasn't sure how well it would go over but it was cathartic for me.

I guess we all deal in different ways.
  15. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,568 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Had me laughing.

I think his turning around looking for someone to blame before they even crossed the goal line was classic Roy Williams-ish.
  16. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,270 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    We know you are a huge homer; Now we know you have no sense of humor either! :D
  17. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When I looked it had all types of source code but its cleaned up and it still sucks.
  18. Sickwitit

Sickwitit Member

834 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I must be the only one that remembers his hit on J Grisham that ultimatly won the game!?! He didnt play great but soild i would say.
  19. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,568 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Different game, dude.

Besides, I'm sure Tony Dixon caused a fumble or two back in his day, doesn't mean he didn't suck like a Hoover.
  20. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I think almost every safety in Dallas over the last 10 years has perfected this move. Can we just rename it "The Sensi" and save time next year?

EG. Barry Church was jogging 10 yards behind DeSean Jackson and pulled a Sensi.