1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Humor: Tony Romo Cologne

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Jan 4, 2013.

1. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,516 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    I saw this today, got an email from a guy I know that hates the Cowboys.

It was a bottle of cologne and the brand was Tony Romo cologne.

The ad said. Tony Romo Cologne, you put it on but the other guy scores.

I sent an email back telling him to go frick himself.

But I did laugh.
  2. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,220 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    A buddy of mine sent me a text this morning that said Question: "How do you say Tony Romo in Spanish". Next text read Answer "Mark Sanchez"
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,612 Messages
    3,498 Likes Received
    he's a running joke at this point.

shame what we used to have at that position.

[IMG]
  4. xtreme_2k

xtreme_2k Member

142 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Must be referring to this.

[IMG]
  5. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,407 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    i asked tony romo to be one of my pallbearers at my funeral, so he can let me down one last time
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,940 Messages
    3,878 Likes Received
    Tony Romo cologne. Because his fans really stink.
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,612 Messages
    3,498 Likes Received
    are they really his fans then?
  8. Idgit

27,940 Messages
    3,878 Likes Received
    I give them the benefit of the doubt. But I wouldn't argue to strongly with anyone who disagrees.
  9. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,323 Messages
    354 Likes Received

Tony Romo threw his helmet after the game, it got intercepted!

:laugh2:
  10. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,885 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    He's been a running joke ever since his bobbled snap in the Seahawks playoff game.
  11. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,138 Messages
    515 Likes Received
    After this last game, this will probably be his worst offseason yet, I don't know wether to hate him or just feel bad for him, I'm kind of in between right now.
  12. TwoDeep3

5,516 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    I would expect nothing less from you.
  13. Idgit

27,940 Messages
    3,878 Likes Received
    Thanks! I agree, I also have high expectations for myself.

Also, as a group, our fans stink. Out-loud. The biggest bunch of whiney, groveling, mostly-ignorant hand-sitting not-cheering sensation-gobbling excuse-making hemorrhoid-inducing hunch-backed toothless front-running bottom feeders, maybe in the entire league.

I'm embarrassed to be a member of any group that includes them. They roll over and play entitled at the drop of a hat. They email each other jokes that aren't remotely funny about players they're lucky to have on the team, and then act surprised when other fans react to it. They are, collectively, as they themselves sometimes refer to their franchise QB, a running joke. I'm glad, at least, that you can expect me to point it out with some regularity. It means I must be doing something right. :)
  14. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Weird. I'm pretty sure the OP said he got a text from his friend who "hates the Cowboys".

How did that turn in to an "Our fans really stink" joke?
  15. Idgit

27,940 Messages
    3,878 Likes Received
    Oh. That part wasn't from the original funny joke about the cologne. Once I stopped laughing at that one and wiped my eyes, ("You put it on but the other guy scores!"), I thought about making the connection between cologne and our own fans, and we just went from there.

Hang on, because I'm sure we can come up with some more great cologne-related jokes here if you give us some time to think. Surely you must have a funny up your sleeve, tupperware?
  16. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,612 Messages
    3,498 Likes Received
    i'm certain at least 25 other team owners would take this terrible fanbase in a heartbeat.
  17. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Sure, like the Lions or Eagles. I've been around Giants fans my whole life and I've never seen them talk trash about their team or players the way you guys do.

Have you ever noticed that players say they have the best fans? Have you ever noticed how not a single Cowboys players says that? The Cowboys might have the biggest fan base but it's also full of front runners and whiners. I'm sure there are plenty of teams who would pass. You behave like Saints fans when they stick a bag over their head. That behavior has proved quite effective too since they've won so many Super Bowls.
  18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,612 Messages
    3,498 Likes Received
    that's hogwash i've heard several players say that.

lol at giants fans being any different. did you listen to WFAN the last month?
  19. TwoDeep3

5,516 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    So while others spend their time talking about the pros and cons of the team, you seem to spend your time talking about other fans.

Your dialog appears to want to control what others say and think about this team.

When you do speak about football your intent is to belittle others with your "football knowledge" comments.

So again you try to control opinions of other people with your conversation.

So what I am curious about is this.

Do you find some satisfaction out of this behavior? If so, what do you think that means?
  20. Idgit

27,940 Messages
    3,878 Likes Received
    It doesn't really matter what the players say. Just look at the threads on this board right now after consecutive 8-8 seasons that came down to week 17 NFCE division titles. Look at how Tony Romo, Jerry Jones, and Jason Garrett get treated by many of our fans. Count the number of people actively rooting for the Redskins in the playoffs this weekend. You don't need a headcount or a soundbite to know what kind of fans this team's got.

And, no, it's not the same everywhere. Our fans are a total embarrassment.