1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Humor: Tony Romo Cologne

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Jan 4, 2013.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Show me where a Cowboys player has said we have good fans recently.

Giants fans are nowhere near you guys. Same thing with Steelers fans. But you guys are always right and nobody can tell you otherwise.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,989 Messages
    3,196 Likes Received
    Have you asked yourself that very same question when you display that very same behavior when others do not agree with you?

I am pretty sure the majority on here have displayed that behavior...I know for a fact you have on MANY occasions.
  3. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    That was clever. So when your child is throwing a temper tantrum and telling people to go and **** themselves and you suggest he be more aware and stop are you controlling his opinion? Some of you literally resemble a toddler.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,709 Messages
    4,566 Likes Received
    You're drawing the wrong conclusion about my motives, again. But I do find assessing the quality of our fans satisfying, since you asked.

It's not to 'control opinions,' whatever that might mean. I don't have telepathy, if that's what you're getting at. If I did, this board would be a very different place after each loss.

I do have, and insist on my right to express, my own opinions about this team and its fans. I come to the site to learn and discuss football, and, occasionally, to be amused by something in a thread. That experience is destroyed when an environment exists where discussions can't take place when good threads devolve into a least-common denominator discussion consistent of groundless negative arguments or a race to deride players, coaches, or the organization. I hate to see that happen, so I make a point of not shying away when I see what I consider to be poisonous negativity. If that frustrates the negative posters, well, it's an added bonus.

Now, I've got a question for you: you honestly think the direction of this thread--not only your OP, but the direction of the thread prior to my initial post--constituted 'talking about the pros and cons of this team'? If so, what to *you* think that says about your own perspective, TwoDeep?
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,846 Messages
    3,853 Likes Received
    oh the horror! jerry jones should get on his knees and thank god every day for the brand loyalty this fanbase has exhibited the past 15+ yrs. in no other line of business can one put out such a mediocre product for so long yet still remain #1 in that market. lol at even bringing his name into this discussion. have you seen the team's valuations recently?

as for tony romo...i guess that would make our 60s fanbase monsters for how they treated dandy don? this is DALLAS, we like winners in every facet of life. if you don't like it, go to houston.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,846 Messages
    3,853 Likes Received
    lol at "you guys". are you not a cowboys fan?

i've seen it several times on twitter from dez, vickers and sensabaugh off the top of my head. i remember some of our players making glowing comments about our fanbase following the niners game last season.
  7. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,024 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Which means the media has done it's myth creation job very well.
  8. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,667 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    I love this team.

But I can see the humor in the jokes.

I don't take this so seriously that I can't enjoy life.
  9. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,304 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    Soooo.. . who's throwing the tantrum here?
  10. birdwells1

3,304 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    Pittsburgh gave their fans 2 SBs wins and another SB appearance in the last 6 years.

NYG gave their fans 2 SBs victories and in one of them beat a highly favored NE team that was 18-0 and that's been in the last 5 years.

The Cowboys have given their fans 1 playoff win in 16 years.

If the Cowboys fan base is not better than the NYG or Pittsburgh then maybe it because the Cowboys organization is nowhere near those teams.
  11. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  12. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,828 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received
    You're right about most of our fans... they do suck. We even have fans that don't know when to give up on a player and insist he is still great when he chokes over and over. They get the disease from Jerry Jones.
  13. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,981 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    You forgot to post these guys

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,989 Messages
    3,196 Likes Received
    Or these guys...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Yeah, had any of the QBs pictured in the previous two posts been starting since 2006 we probably wouldn't have that one playoff win to hang our hats on. Compelling.
  16. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,909 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Or we would have been able to draft Luck or RG3 :D
  17. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,561 Messages
    929 Likes Received
    I don't know about Giant fans, I'm not around them.

But I am around steeler fans, .. don't give them too much credit, they are just fair-weather, front running fans.

They have already turned their back on the steelers. I have not heard one word about the NFL or the steelers since the steelers lost to the Cowboys. Not one mention of that game, or the NFL, or the steelers. None.

I have only seen one or two steeler related jackets or sweatshirts since they lost to Dallas and did not qualify for the playoffs. Normally they are everywhere.

When things are going well, they are there waving their cute little yellow snot-rags, but when things aren't going so good, they soon wipe their hands clean of anything steeler related.

They are like a little battery powered stuff animal that you took the batteries out of, ... they don't do a thing or say a word about the steelers.

They are only good fans when it is easy to be.
  18. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,909 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    :bow:
  19. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    I got that on yesterday on my facebook page.
  20. birdwells1

3,304 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    Mom: Son you made a 58 on your Math test, what happened?

Son: Its OK mom, a bunch of other kids made a much lower grade than I did, so compared to them, I think I did pretty good.

Mom: After saying all that and despite you feeling good you still failed. This test was not graded on a curve.