1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Humor: Tony Romo Cologne

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

289 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I wouldnt take anything that idiot ed werder says seriously! Plus, he seems like a guys who likes touching little boys!
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,400 Messages
    4,625 Likes Received
    Ahh so you judge Giants fans in person but judge Cowboys fans on the web. Instead of comparing apples to oranges...why don't you compare apples to apples by comparing cowboys fans on this forum to the giants fans on their forum?
  3. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,130 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstood what you were saying because that wasn't what was being discussed or debated.

You must not have been around or coherent when Ray Handley or Jim Fassel were the HC. Heck, they even crucified Dan Reeves two years after being named Coach of the Year in 93 and going 11 and 5 after taking over for Handley who went 6 and 10 in 92. The fans despised Handley, as did the players and the guy was surrounded by controversy. Fassel was dumped a short time after going to the SB with freaking Kerry Collins.

Please bud, you need to stop because the fans and media in NY are brutal. Have you ever seen the back page of the NY Post or Daily News during those years or before Eli won a SB?
  4. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,565 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Because of the good people on this site. It's great during those brief moments when some of you don't exist.

How about this. I don't like you. You don't like me. I won't comment on anything you say and you don't comment on anything I say. It will be best for the site. What do you say? We can stop wasting our time right now.
  5. a_minimalist

4,565 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I judge based on what I see. My experience comes from talking to cowboys fans on a forum since I don't live in dallas and from being around giants fans since I live in nj. That's what I'm basing it on. If that's not okay with you I'll make sure to pretend I care.
  6. a_minimalist

4,565 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Try and comprehend what I said before. If you disagree so be it. I haven't experienced or seen any of what you're talking about though. Nobody hated the team and talked about the things Cowboys fans talk about. I don't know who you hang around with but I've never seen it. Don't like it...oh well.
  7. Dodger12

2,130 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    The NY Giants natives are tame right now because they've recently won two SB's. Our fan base would be the same way under the same set of circumstances.

You may not be old enough to remember the coaches I previously mentioned. The Giants fired a HC (Fassel) two years removed from a SB appearance but here we preach patience with a 500 record and no playoff appearances over that same period. And they weren't so forgiving the years between Parcells and the year Coughlin won.

We'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,373 Messages
    637 Likes Received
    Uh, they were calling Eli, Sheli. That wasn't just opposing fans, but NY Giant fans also. They were calling him a choker. They were saying his attitude and demeanor stank.

They wanted Coughlin out of there. Even Michael Strahan said Coughlin was in danger of losing the team. Fans were whining and complaining about the team.

Did you not witness the headlines in the New York Daily News?

And with all due respect, your experiences are limited. Your experiences are not all encompassing. Could it be that your experience isn't as vast as you think it is?

Do you think you're the only person who has had contact with NY Giants fans? My sister lives in NY city. I visit her. I think I have a perspective on this also. And I'm telling you that your experience may be true for you, but it isn't all inclusive.
  9. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,400 Messages
    4,625 Likes Received
    that time of the month?
  10. a_minimalist

4,565 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I appreciate you saying you'll agree to disagree. I do remember Fassel. Before him not so much. What I've seen has been different but I certainly don't doubt what you're saying. I definitely haven't been exposed to every Giants fan.
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,400 Messages
    4,625 Likes Received
    As you haven't been exposed to every Cowboys fan. :D

Thanks for wasting all of our time.
  12. a_minimalist

4,565 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Just let me know where I said my experience is all inclusive. My experience may be limited but it's more than the majority of Cowboys fans on here. That's why I was speaking about what I saw. If you think visiting your sister is the same as living in NJ where there are probably more Giants fans than manhattan so be it. I disagree though.

Not once have I ever heard a Giants fan refer to Eli as Sheli.
  13. a_minimalist

4,565 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Still doesn't change the fact that you are what you are...as well as your posse. You're at the very bottom of the food chain my friend. Keep up the harassment!!! ;)
  14. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    pretty funny.
  15. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,688 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    its going to be a long offseason
  16. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,911 Messages
    944 Likes Received
    For sure.:(
  17. Dodger12

2,130 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    Yes.....those classy NY and Philly fans and media. They have patience. They're understanding. They never treat they're teams or players the way we do.......

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]
  18. a_minimalist

4,565 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    You do realize that half of those are said with humor right? They're meant to be cheeky. They aren't said with hatred. I will give you this. Giants fans have had less to be miserable about. Didn't they go to the Super Bowl and lose to the Ravens in the late 90's or early 00? I forgot about that. I don't know how. It was a good time seeing all of my friends miserable.
  19. Dodger12

2,130 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    This can't possibly be. NY doesn't treat it's players and SB winning HC like we do. The NY Daily News can't possibly be running an article about firing Tom Coughlin, their 2 time winning SB head coach. Impossible, or so we're told by certain posters here. They don't act this way in NY.

If NY Giants fail to make playoffs, Tom Coughlin must hit road

Giants coach has run out of karma from Super Bowl win

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ghlin-hit-road-article-1.984952#ixzz2HAj9O4cE

Tom Coughlin built up plenty of collateral by winning the Super Bowl four years ago, but his account is nearly empty as the Giants are in the midst of another late season free-fall. If Coughlin can’t stop the hemorrhaging and the Giants miss the playoffs again, then it’s time for him to go.

He might be the most underappreciated coach ever in New York - in any sport. He is one of only three coaches to win the Super Bowl for New York and was behind the second-greatest upset in NFL championship game history, behind the Jets. He is a good man who has done wonderful things with his charitable work off the field.

But just as that victory in Super Bowl XLII should eventually earn him a spot in the Giants Ring of Honor, it didn’t give him a lifetime appointment. The Giants’ struggles so far in the second half - they are 0-3 after their 6-2 start - are the continuation of a disturbing annual occurrence. It’s not an aberration.

If the Giants don’t make the playoffs, I don’t see how he can survive it this time - or how co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch can sell his return to the fans. The Giants are in the midst of their fourth straight second-half flop since winning the Super Bowl. Mara was infuriated by last year’s meltdown. The Giants haven’t made the playoffs the last two years and have not missed the playoffs three years in a row since 1994-96, the last three seasons with Dan Reeves.
  20. a_minimalist

4,565 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Okay well clearly reading comprehension is your strong point. If you scroll up I specifically said that the media can be brutal. But keep making phantom points.

Granted I didn't proof read that and the bolded part isn't very good English and barely makes sense. My point was that the media is the media. The fans I met and know weren't dumb and knew what was up.

So much for agreeing to disagree though!