1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hurricane Issac

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by jnday, Aug 30, 2012.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    How many board members have felt the effects of Issac? It has been kicking our rear end in South Mississippi. We may be looking at two weeks before power is restored to my area. The only good part about the situation is that the winds are keeping it cool. Katrina was much worse, but Issac hasn't been a pushover.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    We are getting some rain in Memphis but that's pretty much it.
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,939 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    [youtube]tXA8Xg3-nTc[/youtube]

Love the one at 2:16 where the reporter asks the chick to tell him what she's doing and she answers "I'm.... getting drunk...today" bwaaa ha ha :laugh2:
  4. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,574 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    The rain will be in Chicagoland tomorrow.
  5. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

6,614 Messages
    2,587 Likes Received
    Isaac was worse than advertised here in South Florida.

I live 2 blocks form the Intracoastal and we never get any flooding here. Further inland is where all the flooding takes place. Some areas just 30 mins from me got up to 18" of rain. Estimates for our area were about 8". People are stuck in their houses, or were. Still a mess in some places.

There were reports of horses being in water up to their stomachs. Lotta high dollar show horses out west in the Wellington area.

Most of the nurseries out west have lost all their plants.

It was like the never ending rain storm.
  6. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

6,015 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    My heart and prayers go out to the people living along the Gulf.

I know it may not be a good consolation to those folks....but here in MO, we're finally getting rainfall from Isaac.

The crops here are virually all dead....ponds were nearly all dried up....we had a wildfire that destroyed many homes just a few miles south and east from our house.

Again, I'm not making light of what happened to those hit by a hurricane.
  7. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,389 Messages
    1,588 Likes Received
    I feel for you, .. being without power. I really do.

We spent 6 days without power the first week of July, ... and it was over 90 each day. Miserable.

It gets in your head.
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,500 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    Power is out here too. :mad: Though I'm on an Amtrak train headed to Washington DC. None of the outlets in business class are working. :yousuck:

Heh not that my Nexus 7 needs a recharge on a 4 1/2 trip. :)
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I just got my power back, but there are many people still without power and they have no hope at this time. My county had the most homes without power in Mississippi. The worst part for me was my grandchildren having to put up with it. We are raising my three grandchildren (6 and 5 year old girls and a 7 month old boy) due to a bad situation. My grandson has a problem with ear and sinus infections and will have tubes put in his ears this week. He has been really sick due to the heat and moisture and there was little that we could do to make him feel better without power. We lost all the food in the freezer and fridge, but it could have been much worse. I am thankfull that it was not worse.
    One thing that needs special attention and thanks is the fine work that the Red Cross does in these situations. I live on a small country road and today a Red Cross van from Dayton, Ohio came down our road and went from house to house. These guys were asking if we needed anything and they wanted to know how they could help. These Red Cross workers are simply outstanding people. I have really been impressed with these workers during Issac and certainly with Katrina. They don't recieve the credit that they deserve, but these type of people are not looking for credit. They are simply looking to help. These are special people and their work is appreciated.
  10. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,500 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    At least they are getting some credit from people like you spreading the word. :thumbup:
  11. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not me luckily since I live in Southwest Texas. My prayers go out to everyone who is in the middle of the storm.
  12. Hagman

Hagman Put Niland and Green in the ROH

1,272 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We've gotten 3 1/2 inches of much needed rain here in Northeast Missouri. I guess it spawned tornados in places, but we got just a nice steady rain. No lightening or thunder to speak of.
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

53,411 Messages
    6,628 Likes Received
    I watched it all pass to the east of here. Sure could have used the rain. Up in the KC area it looks like they got a lot.
  14. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,501 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    As we could as well here in central okla. Not only drought here but we have 100 or so forecast for the next couple days.
    Yay for heat domes....
  15. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue

2,705 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    Metairie, LA here...just got my power back yesterday. It went out Wednesday morning as the hurricane was coming in. We had a lot of clean up in the yard...broken tree limbs and the like. Not too bad...we were lucky!
  16. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,823 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Barely touched us in the Tampa Bay area..

I got a day off last Monday though..:D