1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hypothetical: Cowboys offense with Seattle defense

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xwalker, Feb 3, 2014.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,126 Messages
    2,980 Likes Received
    I guess the old saying is true, if you have to explain the joke...
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,819 Messages
    1,602 Likes Received
    How about...

Dallas offense/Seattle Defense season record? 13-3

Seattle offense/ Dallas defense season record? 5-11..maybe

As for the original question; I don't hate Seattle's offense matches vs their own defense, but their WRs would get man-handled.
    I'll say the Dallas offense w/ Seattle defense wins 6 or 7. They would not feel near the ned to throw all the time.
    The oline was better this year, Murray was better (but still no Lynch) and Dez, Witten, Romo et al have the better passing game.
    BigStar likes this.
  3. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,039 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    You mean other than the guy that touches the ball more than anyone else on the offense and sets the tone for entire team??

Tough to be physical when your linemen are dropping back into pass protection 45 times a game.

If only Seattle had recently played some pass happy offensive team in the playoffs (maybe a record setting one) we might be able to use that as a prediction of what might happen...
  4. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

616 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Our offense was, at times, flat out abysmal this year...maybe it was due to coaching, but we aren't as talented as we once were.

Seattle's offense is no joke, they very seldom make mistakes and can run the ball and pick and choose their shots down the field. They also aren't incapable of a big play either...

I just don't see our offense being THAT much better than Seattle's or even better at all.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,683 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    We forced 4 turnovers against DET and got, what, 10 points out of it? This offense doesn't capitalize on opportunities consistently enough to properly compliment that defense.
    BigStar and pjtoadie like this.
  6. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,473 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    Omg lol
  7. xwalker

10,126 Messages
    2,980 Likes Received
    What happened is that Seattle's defense won the game. Lynch had 15 carries for 39 yards for a 2.6 average.
  8. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,122 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Team a 1-9
    Team b 5-5
  9. Animosity

Animosity Active Member

359 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Team A wins 5 games. Team B 9. Russell Wilson is better than Romo. He is very smart and does not make mistakes. Romo would be throwing INT's from left to right.
    The Natural likes this.
  10. manster1966

manster1966 New Member

21 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Romeo threw one more interception with over 100 more pass attempts than Russell. Romo
    was also behind alot more because of the defense.You need to stop watching ESPN and watch the games.
    DFWJC, dogberry and BigStar like this.
  11. manster1966

manster1966 New Member

21 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Romo. Damn spell check.
  12. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,199 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    Wilson threw more INTs per attempt than Romo did this year
    Pessimist_cowboy, DFWJC and BigStar like this.
  13. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

648 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    So Seattle has to beat itself?
  14. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,683 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    Note, I'm not saying they have a better offense. They have a better offense to couple with that defense.

Big difference, imo.

And not for nothing, but Dallas only scored 22 more points than Seattle last year...
  15. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,039 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Yes, and in your hypothetical, both teams have that defence. So what offence is best equipped to play that defence?

Seattle lost to the Colts, SF, and Arizona. The Colts had an exact 50 50 run pass split, SF had 33 rushes vs 29 passes, and Arizona had 43 rushing attempts.

You have to be patient and run the ball again the Seahawks. If drop back and pass 40 times -- like Dallas does -- you're going to get results like the Super Bowl.
  16. xwalker

10,126 Messages
    2,980 Likes Received
    That would be a difficult record to achieve with team A playing against team B. I think team B would be 9-1 if team A is 1-9
    They get cloned.
  17. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,122 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Walker you and your hypotheticals! Maybe I misunderstood.

Seattle's offense would fare better against the Seattle defense. Cowboys offense would be lucky to put up 17 points.

So I'll adjust to team B would be 9-1. He'll ill give you 8-2. Reason: Seattle is committed to running the football. Your not going to pass on them as seen in the SB.
  18. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,963 Messages
    1,126 Likes Received
    Like others have stated, what kind of game plan is likely? If we ran Murray and fed Dez the ball we would easily come out on top the majority of the time. Unfortunately, this O seems to go through Witten...Dez...Misc WR...Murray (in that order).
  19. xwalker

10,126 Messages
    2,980 Likes Received
    I probably should have made it 16 games against other teams, but that's why I like hypothetical questions. The feedback flushes out some issues.
  20. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

616 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    You guys are severely overrating our offensive talent...