1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hypothetical

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Oct 24, 2010.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Lets say the Cowboys disaster of a season continues and we land a top 10 pick.

The opportunity to draft a franchise QB does not often present itself to a team like Dallas (opposed to teams like St. Louis, Detroit and Cleveland)

How would you feel if Dallas used a first round pick on the eventual face of the franchise knowing it's almost the perfect scenario for any young QB. No pressure to start, time to learn and more then likely your going to be surrounded by pro bowl talent when it's your time.

Looking at this years class and it's early, seeing the impact players that could help Dallas sooner then later (we still need JR's to declare) I have actually warmed to the idea.

A lot of hypothetical here but I just wanted to get the temperature of this idea from other fans.
  2. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The team can never have enough high quality players at the most important position-QB. Its a great idea that they've ignored long enough. Just like pitching in baseball ,you gotta have it to win. One sore shoulder and the seasons over. You have to have a reliever in there. Romos doing great but its time.He is moving up there and Cowboys will need someone to replace him in a few years.
    Kitna is a pretty good choice for backup though.
  3. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cam Newton? I can dream
  4. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    another Russell ?

Cameron Newton has great size and athleticism to be a very effective collegiate quarterback, will be downgraded for playing in a gimmick offense
  5. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think if we could somehow get Luck hes the only QB I would evewn consider

now to the topic of

The opportunity to draft a franchise QB does not often present itself to a team like Dallas

I also would put LT in up there

I think that Sherrod will surprise everyone -

I seen on one board where he is the 5 pick

http://www.drafttek.com/round12011.asp

Carimi I like him he handled Clayborn - not at LT he make a prfect RT hes got mean streak

but would not take him until the 20's

have not seen Costanzo or Barksdale
  6. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,265 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    I'm in the middle on this one.

Luck may be the only one I would like.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,810 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    I dont consider Locker a franchise QB. Luck maybe. Romo still has alot of years to go on his contract so it wont happen regardless.
  8. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,680 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    In this years class, Andrew Luck. Not too high on Locker/Mallett.
  9. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,812 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Im really high on Luck and Lockers pro prospects. Mallett is this years McCoy/Tebow. Preseason was ranked a first half 1st round prospect, now he is seen as a 2nd rounder.