1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I dont want Excuses in 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cannonball44, Jan 10, 2013.

1. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,021 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    cannoball44...

I didnt view your post as whining or crying. I saw it as you venting and explaining where you stand with this franchise- and what you expect and don't expect next season.
  2. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    I thought that was clear... but it seems less mature posters are intent on practicing their Picture pasting, rather than contributing sincerely to the forum. but it takes all types, so no hard feelings.
  3. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    thats because your vision was blocked by tears of your own.....and by the way, there are no nuts in grape nuts
  4. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    is that what you call this crap of a thread...? contributing.....?
  5. dupree89

2,021 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received

lol you are the best dadymat. I know we appear to be on the opposite sides of things...but that doesnt stop me from thinking you are the BEST!!!

:star:
  6. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,612 Messages
    1,873 Likes Received
    Trust me, there WILL BE EXCUSES from the Pro Romo crowd, the pro Garrett crowd, and the pro Jones crowd.

Death
    Taxas
    And Romo excuses
  7. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

939 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    What I was going to say.
  8. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

1,058 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    I won't be here making excuses because I strongly suspect the team will be 8 and 8 or worse next year. This is the least amount of faith I've had in the team since 1989. I would love to be wrong. I'll roll my eyes especially with the "We were adjusting to a new defense." The truth is we pulled our D coordinator without giving him a reasonable time frame to succeed. It was a lot like how Al Davis treated Mike Shanahan. There's just very little to suggest that Jerry Jones has a good plan to build a winner. Will I still root for them. Yes, I will. It's just gotten to the point where I don't hold my breath anymore.

I suspect if Romo doesn't get us to the playoffs and win at least one playoff game, he'll be gone. I think Quincy Carter has a nephew who Jerry has his eye on.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,492 Messages
    2,372 Likes Received
    You left out relentless Romo bashers too!

Any bad game will equal at least 5 loses. Can't leave that out

There, that's better
  10. cannonball44

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    well clearly you and the other posters will have to agree to disagree

in the meantime, you should probably stop posting in it and sending it to the top if you feel it fails so badly in your eyes.

the rest of us will keep discussing the garrett eras and what we feel are lateral coaching moves, and redundant personnel moves.
  11. Kendo

Kendo Member

155 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Jerry's changes always come with built in excuses Change coach....couple year adjustment process. Change scheme...couple years to get the right players. Change venue...couple years to get fans to cheer loud at appropriate times... It truly is like he hoping to catch lightning in a bottle and all the while dangling the bait just out of the reach of the fans just hoping for a bit more from such a storied franchise.

What kills me is the reactionary need to perform complete overhauls. I didn't love nor hate Rob Ryan although one thing I hated was it seemed any time we scored, the other team would always march right back and score immediately. I'm not sold on Garrett just yet either but it seemed to me that progress was being made and maybe with the addition of some key O-Line positions and maybe another impact player on defense that we would be very competitive.

Now we go to a bend but don't break Tampa 2 which will require additional players as well as hoping some of our current players are suited for such a D. One thing that would be a nice change is the turnover ratio because it was just really abysmall this year, but I'm hoping it won't come at the expense of the O-Line. Either way I'm hoping for the best but thinking it's gonna be much of the same
  12. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

is that what yall were doing ? im sorry...didnt mean to interrupt such deep , meaningful, discussion.....

ill leave and let you get back to discussing football
  13. cannonball44

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    you didnt mean to interrupt, yet you were the first one that posted??? interesting.

and thank you for leaving. its much appreciated.
  14. dupree89

2,021 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    Can't we all just get along? Can't we all be friends? We have a common bond...we all love the Dallas Cowboys. We just all handle these tough times differently. Far as I know, there isn't a right or wrong way to go about it.

Its 0232 hours here, I start work in less than six hours, yet I cant sleep. This franchise is driving me nuts. But I try not to take it out on others...even when dadymat tries to provoke me. :lmao:

:star:
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,875 Messages
    7,602 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  16. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,917 Likes Received
    there will always be excuses with this regime and certain segment of the fanbase. luckily i believe that small (yet vocal) part of the fanbase is shrinking by the day.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,875 Messages
    7,602 Likes Received
    At some point, in the not-too distant future, we'll all be unhappy and complaining all the time for a lot of reasons about our chosen dedicated passtime. That *will* be a lucky time for us.

I can't wait. How can I help make it come sooner, do you think? Somebody already took the idea for a preemptively complaining about next season thread. "I Won't Tolerate Explanations in 2014," maybe? There must be something I can do to do my part.
  18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,917 Likes Received
    Hopefully this team will do something it hasn't done in 16 years, win and make it's fanbase collectively happy and proud for once. Then we'll all get along and not have to worry about all of these preemptive strikes.
  19. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,391 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Isn't that what JJ did with Jimmy? He caught lightning in a bottle and has been trying to replicate that "plan" for years. I always said that success came too easy for Jerry and he didn't appreciate how hard it is to win in this league. He doesn't respect the building process from a GMs perspective and the amount of time it takes.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,512 Messages
    9,672 Likes Received
    You just rocked my world with that one. I could see our two personnel idiots thinking that way.