1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I enjoyed Cowboy Football better under Campo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by john van brocklin, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Mr_Bill

Mr_Bill Member

383 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I thought I had seen every possible topic on this forum.

I was wrong.

You win the prize for most original OP of the millennium.
  2. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,503 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Are you the Mr Bill who used to post on the Dallas Newspaper Forum back in the day ?
  3. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,526 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    Garrett lead Cowboys to 8 wins last season. Campo lead the Cowboys to 5 wins per season, I think Jason is doing a better job at this point.
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Easily and anyone who says otherwise is well they're wrong lets put it that way.
  5. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't really see the difference in 5 and 8 wins.
  6. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,853 Messages
    884 Likes Received
    Garrett led the Cowboys to 3 more wins last season than Campo's teams. Campo had FAR less talent to work with than Garrett. Campo's teams had an awful QB situation. They had OL's that were far worse than the Cowboys have now. The RB situation was bad and Campo had to deal with 2 years with no first round draft pick because of the Joey Galloway trade.

Don't get it twisted I was no Campo supporter far from it but he didn't have a Tony Romo, Demarcus Ware, Jason Witten, Sean Lee and a lot of other solid players like Garrett has.

To be honest I'm surprised those teams managed to win 5 games each of those seasons. The talent was that bad! The Cowboys played at least 5 different QB's during Campo's tenure trying to find one who could play. Give Garrett Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson and Anthony Wright and see if he could win more than 5 games. His current team may only win 5 games if the light doesn't come on this Sunday.
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,372 Messages
    2,788 Likes Received
    Lol. 0/10 for trolling, nice try OP.
  8. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,505 Messages
    1,204 Likes Received
    I don't miss the Campo years. Having said that, if JG had the players from Campo's teams, I'm not sure if JG will win more than 5 games.
  9. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Oh gosh, no! I don't think anyone misses Campo one bit.
  10. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They didn't teach math where you went to school?
  11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,639 Messages
    904 Likes Received
    You must've been too young to remember the Campo years. We were terrible and didn't even have the draft picks to show for it. WHy on EARTH would anyone want to go back to that? You miss Clint Stoerner, Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, Drew Henson and Chad Hutchinson?
  12. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    5 and 8 wins usually put you in the same spot come playoff time, at home. But sure, aspire to be 8-8.
  13. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol I was like in first grade or something like that. Still remember it was like yesterday. I remember telling my family man we suck.

I'm pretty sure my first curse word was during a Cowboys game. :laugh2:
  14. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,424 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    Top 8 draft pick vs top 15 draft pick
  15. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,345 Messages
    952 Likes Received
    I'd never argue that Campo was a good head coach but the man had zero chance for success here.

We simply had no QB or OL in those years, and when you don't have those things you have no shot. We also had unbelievably bad luck with injuries to go along with the obvious lack of talent.

The D was solid at times but not good enough to make up for a bad offense. It was a bend-but-don't-break D, not a playmaking D.
  16. rocyaice

6,639 Messages
    904 Likes Received
    See i'm 25 now so I was too young to really enjoy those championships but old enough to understand we the pain it was to be a Cowboy fan because I remember the Campo years like it was yesterday. Nobody should want to go back to that. It was terrible. Parcells wasn't perfect here but i'm thankful that he was here.
  17. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The situation is not much better now. If you're fine with being mediocre, sure. But if that's not acceptable, it still sucks.
  18. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's not, but its still better than being what we were in the Campo years.
  19. rocyaice

6,639 Messages
    904 Likes Received
    Well it depends on how you feel about this team. I feel this team is a 10 to 11 win team if it plays to its potential. Those Campo teams if they played over their heads were stilla 5 win team. There's a BIG DIFFERENCE and there's no comparison. We're 2-2. If we were 2-2 under Campo he probably wouldn't have got fired when he did.
  20. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,488 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    Isn't that the truth.