1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I enjoyed Cowboy Football better under Campo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by john van brocklin, Oct 10, 2012.

1. preacher238

preacher238 Member

497 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I think I destroyed all of my copies...Good Lord, is this what it has come to now?? We Want CAMPO BACK?????????

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
  2. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,162 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    I agree with this. I knew then that we had lousy talent, but most Sunday's Campo's teams did give great effort and that was at least somewhat heartening. I'm not sold on the effort and intensity of the 2012 Dallas Cowboys.
  3. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    No big fan of the campo years, but he got a heck of a lot more out of the talent he had than the current HC.

the fact that this team could play the way they did against the giants and then stink, smacks of sub-par coaching.
  4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know why he said it it is simple; fans back then knew we sucked and had no chance so the emotional let down when they lost was a complete zero. Zero expectation means zero emotional roller coaster ride that we get from the current team.
  5. utrunner07

utrunner07 Well-Known Member

9,073 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    :lmao:How quickly some forget.
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,056 Messages
    952 Likes Received
    It was pretty bad back then. I do understand why some fans would like things better under Campo though.

There was something to be said for the effort, and if we won, it was a genuine surprise. There was also excitement for the future because you knew the team would only get better, not worse. That's how bad they were. With this team, there's almost a feeling of inevitability--that the bottom is very close to dropping out.

I, personally, like things better now. I like having a quarterback.
  7. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

3,914 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Record wise we are about the same the last few years, so I dont know how we can dismiss this group as being much different.
  8. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

590 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    I wouldn't say the Campo years were more enjoyable, but I will say the team wasn't as frustrating as the current group of Cowboys.

During Campo's tenure the Cowboys were handcuffed by the salary cap and were in complete rebuild mode. Expectations were lower.

I will say this about Campo's Cowboys; I never came away from a game questioning his team's effort.

IIRC, the Eagles would routinely blow the Cowboys out of the water but other than that his teams played hard and were in most games.

I can't say that about Garrett's Cowboys.
  9. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,961 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    Please never post this kind of drivel ever again.
  10. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,402 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    And the last few years havent been an embarrassment? What the heck have you been watching. The truth is the franchise has been an embarrassment since Jimmy left and will continue to be one as long as JJ is pulling all the strings.
  11. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Yep. end of folder
  12. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,607 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I think I thought more of Campo after his three year stint than before. He had to know that he was in a no win situation. Between lack of draft picks from the Galloway deal to lack of funds from bad contracts he endured it all. But yet he kept his head up and gave his best effort from start to finish. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying Campo was a great head coach. I am saying that Campo took one for the team while this franchise was seeing some very dark days. Think about a head coach fielding a team with over $20 million in "dead money" at a time when the salary cap was right around $60 million. Basically a third of your money is being allocated to players no longer on the roster, considering that, no "top shelf" head coach would have touched this team and Jerry knew it. So in comes Campo to fall on the sword while the team put itself in position to compete again.

Craig
  13. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,432 Messages
    2,292 Likes Received
    I understand your position.

You knew what to expect with Campo, however poor the team would be during those years.

Now, it's a complete surprise how this team will play.
  14. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Does anybody remember Ebenezer Ekuban dragging Jeff George around by the facemask? Campo era fun.
  15. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,579 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Thank You !!!

Somebody else gets it !!!

I did not say I liked the Campo years and the losing , I just miss watching a team that played hard and gave 100% effort.

If we are so talented and have such great coaching why do we stink so bad ?
  16. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,034 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    You know fans are down on the current state of the team when they're going back searching for pleasant memories during the Campo era.
  17. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    People are going overboard though. I mean with some of the ridiculous threads we've seen like this one you would think we're the worst team in football. That's not the case. Not even close. We're 2-2. Not great, but not horrible either. We still have an excellent chance at turning this train around and get it headed in the right direction.
  18. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,581 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    In some seasons, 8 wins can get you in the Playoffs. 5 wins, nope. There's your difference.
  19. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,294 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Then you must not have watch the opening game against the Eagles. We still had Aikman and a new receiver we gave up two first round picks to acquire. They crushed us in the "Pickle Juice" game. Freaking embarrassing. Then we let TO disrespect the star on our home turf after another blow-out.

Two years later we got beat opening night by an expansion team. Talk about underachievers. People around here must have a short memory. I hated the Campo years and there was nothing remotely positive about them except Jerry realizing he had to find a HC to clean up his mess.
  20. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

:) Ain't that the truth.