1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I fail to see why????

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by hipfake08, Apr 28, 2011.

1. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,078 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    A lot are looking for DE when OL is our largest concern.
    We could address the D line by internal player movement.
  2. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,123 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    I'd be mad if we got an end.
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,158 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    If it's Watt or Jordan I can't be upset.

I mean a Right Tackle isn't that much more significant of a position over a DE.

JJ Watt is impressive to me too. I think he will be a difference maker for some 3-4 team.

Just dont waste the pick on Amukamara.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,058 Messages
    1,613 Likes Received
    I like Watts but not 100% sold on him. Last game vs TCU Marcus Cannon shut him down all game long.
  5. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,123 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    a tackle keeps romo off his bum all year.
  6. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,811 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Part of it comes down to value. If we stay at #9, Smith would be my pick, but if you can trade down a few times and nab Watt while stockpiling another 2nd or 3rd to potentially package and move back up for someone like Carimi, you could see how that may be even more effective.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,158 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    Not necessarily. We're still weak up the middle and have bigtime problems with teams who use twists and stunts.

We're weak up the middle on both sides of the ball actually.
  8. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,575 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Probably because 3 are free agents leaving us with Lissamore as a starter if all three decide to leave. :eek: Do I believe taking an end with 9th overall? No but it is a far greater need. What would you rather have Young starting at OT or Lissemore at De? I think young has more upside than Lissemore.
  9. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    uh oh now youve done it . the grammer nazi's will not be happy with you my friend :p:

I don't want JJ either unless we get a sweet trade down opp.
  10. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,528 Messages
    3,766 Likes Received
    I would not be upset if we took a DL in the first as it is a need but I do not see the great value.

This is the deepest area of the draft however. We would be best served to take the highest player on our board at the time and address the DL need later.

Simple supply and demand.
  11. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just get good players, thats all that matters.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,155 Messages
    1,289 Likes Received
    There are a pile of 3-4 DE's that will be available in the FA period that will come sooner or later. So unless a real good one falls into our laps there is no way we should not concentrate of making sure we have good young blood at O line. The gomers that think otherwise have convienent memory loss.
  13. Doomsday101

75,058 Messages
    1,613 Likes Received
    Never gave a rats ars about the grammer nazi, all it shows me is they are more concerned about that than the topic at hand. I like JJ I think he is a good player but again there are others in the 1st rd as good as he is but not a #9 in my opinion.
  14. Doomsday101

75,058 Messages
    1,613 Likes Received
    At the end of the day that is what it comes down to. My hope is whomever we select can come in and contribute right away.
  15. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,672 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    The only DE I'd want in the first is Cameron Jordan personally, but certainly not at 9.
  16. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I thought Jerry said we would address the RT position in FA...whenever that starts.