1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I Get To Brag on Baylor, Lone School Ranked in All Three Major Sports At Present

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Aikbach, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    It's nice the Big 12 is getting stronger and more competitive overall, and my beloved Baylor Bears are capturing some national attention with an exciting BCS competitive football team with a Heisman candidate, a top ten men's basketball team and the best women's basketball team in the land.

No other school in the nation currently boasts a ranking in all three sports.

SIC EM! And to think a certain departing team tried to destroy the conference and condescend to Baylor's athletic programs....

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111125/SPORTS/111250349/Baylor-sets-pace-high-profile-sports
  2. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Love the Big 12. It is far from dead as some predicted this summer. :D

I'm a Bill Snyder fan. Go K-State!
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Truly one of the very best coaches in college football. What that guy has done, especially at his age, is simply amazing.

Plus he reminds me of my high school coach... Even kind of looks the same.
  4. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Since when is women's basketball a major sport? It's barely a sport at all.
  5. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    As dumb as A&M-to-the-SEC is, no-one save UT tried to destroy the Big XII in any way.

There's also no way that losing Nebraska, Colorado, and A&M while getting only TCU back makes for a stronger conference overall. OU and osu are also going to get out first chance they get... No school good enough to have other options (sorry, Waco) is going to stay in the same conference as the Longhorn Network. Exactly how long finding that chance will take, and whether that will finally finish off the Big XII or merely reduce it to UT and a sad collection of weak punching-bag schools are the only questions not yet settled.

And, finally, Women's Basketball is not a major sport.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Why other schools including OU is looking to start up their own broadcast network.
  7. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    http://*************.net/cache/instances/400x/11/11401/11675357.jpg
  8. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Women's basketball is a major sport?
  9. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,955 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received
    At Baylor, yes.
  10. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Their best player isnt even a woman
  11. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Aggies don't even know what women look like.
  12. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    WVU and TCu are hardly punching bags, competitive in multiple sports, particularly football, baseball and basketball than outgoing Aggy and Mizzou.

Also new revenue sharing was negotiated, you information is outdated and incomplete.

The Big 12 has a healthy future, K-State, Baylor, OSU, OU, UT and the incoming TCU and WVU have all been ranked at times and at present this season. Hardly pushovers.
  13. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Since when is A&M relevant to Texas sports?
  14. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know they aren't 6'8" with 30" verts and a voice deeper than Charlton Heston. Someone give that "gal" a skirt check.

This is only partially in jest mind you. Nobody will ever convince me that Griner hasnt at least received some serious hormone treatment. Every doctor will tell you her physiology is not like that of normal female development. Her muscle definition in particular is disturbing, it is simply unnatural. Something isnt right.
  15. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    By your barometer, this past April. 2011 WBB national champs.

Stepped on your foot there, huh?

Joking aside, A&M has the most recent top 25 finish in football, basketball and baseball of all the Texas programs.
  16. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Well coming from a man accustomed to livestock this isn't a particularly compelling argument.;)
  17. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    :lmao2: Really scratching and clawing for relevance aren't you. Fact is the state of Texas has disowned you, the damage control was loud and clear with RC Slocum the other night, begging the tv audience to recognize they will not geographically be leaving.
  18. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You asked, I answered. Nothing more.
  19. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Yeah you answered all right.
  20. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is no point in arguing, he perpetuates lies and bashes TAMU with them. His jealousy of TAMU leaves him blind to the truth that the Big 12 is losing a good program and replacing it with average programs.