1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I give up on Felix.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Oct 2, 2011.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,172 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    I'm not buying the 4.37 talk either
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    "• Richardson is a workout warrior who's weight room ethic translates to the field. According to reports, Richardson runs the 40-yard dash in 4.37 seconds, can bench press 465 pounds and "easily" squat 600 pounds"

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/5/25/2187848/trent-richardson-nfl-draft-prospect-notes

plus have you seen him play, when he turns on that extra gear the guy is gone.

Why would you not want a guy like Richardson, who can pound the rock and still has ton of speed. Who can get you that one yard when needed. Also can catch the ball out the backfield and turn it up field.
  3. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    have you seen him play, the guy is very explosive, just in a different way than Reggie Bush.

He is a better RB than Ingram. He might not be a McFadden, Chris Johnson, or a AP but he is better than all the other RBs
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

I love how all of a sudden now that Sean Lee is doing well, all your avatar and sig pics are of him. Way to jump on the bandwagon.
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I have to say.. he's not really running away from guys in this video. If he can't even outrun college DB's, he doesn't have a chance of doing that in the NFL.
  6. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,666 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    Doesn't matter who we put back there if we can't block, it would be a waste of a 1st round pick to go RB
  7. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You've provided a link to a website which is sourcing its' info as "according to reports." C'mon man. The safer bet is to wait until the combine instead of acting like that time is gospel.

FWIW, when I was researching on Lynch, I found a link stating that he was run 4.36s in training. The 4.46 I gave is the official combine time.

Yeah, like most in the country, I've seen Richardson play a ton at Alabama, which is why I make the comparison to Marshawn Lynch. Richardson is a good running back prospect, not a once-in-a-decade type of guy IMO.

Why would I not want him? Well, for one we have a deep backfield already in Felix, Murray and Choice. Second, even if we assume Choice walks at the end of the this season, I highly, highly, doubt Jerry is going to plunk a high draft pick into yet another RB. The team is obviously high on Phillip Tanner, and he fills out the depth chart being young, cheap and talented. Third, and most importantly, we have a ton of other more pressing needs, namely cornerback and offensive line (maybe even defensive line).

We need more talent on our offensive line. Kosier is getting older and I'm not confident Nagy is the longterm answer. Arkin needs seasoning and strength which he'll likely add, but I still think there is a need for a mauler if available.

No running back is going to find success if we continue struggling with our run game.
  8. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I agree but Richardson can do more behind this line than Jones, Choise, aor Murrey.

No matter what we are going to have to spend a few picks early on interior OL. 1st round just depends on where we are picking and how is available. Richardson is a top 15 pick so I don't think we will have a chance for him anyways.
  9. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I provided a link that is a pretty good draft site. Right now no one really knows what his 40 is, but I gave you my source. Whats your source that says he doesn't. Have you saw and timed him running the 40.

SO you don't want him because we have 1. Choice who won't even be on the team next year. 2, Jones who is not a every down back, not a punisher, not a gain a yard if needed RB. 3. Murrey, what has he proved, nothing.

I agree we need more talent on the OL. Of anyone on this forum I am front and center to replace Nagy, Koiser, and Costa. Right now Richardson is going to be a top 15 pick, if we are top 15, I hope not, what OL is worth a top 15 pick?

Right now we have no clue where we are going to be in the draft and who is going to be in it, but to sit here and say you wouldn't take Richardson because you have a RB that will not be here next year, and two that cannot pound the ball.
  10. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
    Ah yes, now the testiness comes out. Love it. Oh "no one really knows" but apparently you do, lol. Thanks for your source ("according to reports..."). I use nfldraftscout, but as of now since there isn't an official time on him, I'm going by what I have seen of him. Lol, have you saw and timed him running the 40?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89458&draftyear=2013&genpos=RB

Wow, this really deginerated fast. Did you not read what I wrote? How could you even type the nonsense in your point #1 when I granted Choice is gone next year? How do you know Jones is not an every down back? Beyond that, the Cowboys don't use an "every down" back, and they haven't since the days of Emmitt Smith. As far as Murray, lol, it's been four freakin' games.

I remember you now. You're the same cat that fell in love with Kenny Tate last season aren't you? We got into it last season before the draft because you kept pimping players incessantly that you're a fan of. This is the same old routine with you. You find a new player to crush on and then you want to convince the whole board why we should take him.

Read my previous post. Yeah, I'm not taking Marshawn Lynch part II.
  11. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    How do I know Jones isn't a every down back, because so far is entire career he hasn't been.

What does Kenny Tate have to do with anything, I never said I wanted Kenny Tate in the 1st round, I liked Tate yes he is a good player but he and a 1st round talent RB is different.

You don't want Richardson, thats fine, I really don't care.. Richardson is a beast and a great RB.
  12. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,810 Messages
    273 Likes Received

I was on the bandwagon way before this year, Roy. I was signing his praises since draft day. Preferred the pick over the Dez pick from day one.
  13. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wait, so because Felix Jones was splitting carries with MBIII (Mr. $45 million) his first couple of seasons (w/GREAT success BTW), it's now written in stone that he cannot be an everydown back? You've admitted that the Cowboys are lacking on their offensive line, but hold it against Felix, and assume Richardson would be different. Good stuff.

Beyond that, you completely ignored the obvious: the Cowboys haven't had an everydown back since Emmitt Smith. It's plainly apparent they have completely bought into the running back by committee approach. So all this crowing about Felix needing to be an everydown back and Murray "hasn't proved anything", is all empty talk. If Richardson was to somehow find his way on to this squad, he'd go right into the rotation with the rest of them.
  14. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    There isn't really an everydown back anymore in the NFL.

Unless a RB can produce lots of big plays and consistently pull an 8th man to the line to defend the run he is not worth a first rounder.

I'm happy with Felix. We are a passing team and he is a very good receiver and pass blocker - there probably isn't a RB in the league that is more efficient at those two things than Felix. He is also a very good runner both inside and outside. I really don't think you're going to find anyone out there who fits what we want to do better than he does.

What we really need to complement him is a short-yardage guy. I really hope Tanner can be that guy so we can save Felix from having to take those shots.

I'd like to re-sign Felix to a cap friendly deal when his rookie contract ends but I wouldn't break the bank on him either.

I would also say that I'm not a big fan of taking RBs before the third round so that excludes a guy like Richardson who will go in the first.
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,313 Likes Received
    I've known about the guy since he was in Highschool.

I think he is better than Ingram too. But the NFL is all about big plays and unless you're dedicated to the running game there is no point of drafting him because he is not explosive.

I like the guy but not for Dallas in the 1st.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,313 Likes Received
    Hey I jumped on that wagon too! No shame either.