1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I Got Mockin' Pneumonia and Boogie Woogie Flu

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,787 Messages
    2,524 Likes Received
    It isn't even the middle of the week, but I am bored. So I thought I'd do a Mock to sharpen my wits. Rip it apart if you wish. It's early and I will make a lot of misakes.

BTW, you see my pet cat Danario Alexander score his first TD for the Lambs? Not bad for a guy who wasn't even on Draft boards at the start of last year and wasn't drafted because of knee problems. Kid put up some sick numbers at Mizzou.

Enough stalling. Let's talk Christmas presents.

1. Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina, 6'2", 210. Was suspended to start the year, but is back playing now and it shows why he was missed. This kid is just aching to be a ball hawk. Last year 8 Pass Defenses and 6 Picks. He is a solid tackler who reads run very good and can play deep coverage. Is he our dream Safety? For now, he fits the prescription.

2. Stefen Wisniewski, C, Penn State, 6'3. 300.
    We drafted his uncle, but we did it for the Raiders. He is only one of the best to ever play. You know how big I am on pedigree. This kid has it. He is a mauler. I like O'Dowd of SC, but I think his injuries are going to scare a lot of teams. It is a risk to take center this high, but John Mangold is anchoring the best OL in the NFL and we need to fix the blocking.

3. John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin, 6'5, 320. I spent much of last Saturday watching the Wisconsin OL open holes for John Clay to run against Ohio State. I feel the Cowboys have to address Interior OL and in high rounds. This is a guy who will fight from snap to whistle.

4. Mason Foster, ILB, Washington, 6'2", 245.
    For the Huskies he plays OLB. I think he is out of position. This guy is a prototypical 3-4 ILB. He played spy on Jacquizz Rodgers of Oregon State and made tackle after tackle after tackle. Smart, aggressive player who will only get better because he is instinctual. He played in run support, coverage, and was equally adept at both. He'll climb draft charts. That is my prediction. For now, he fits here.

5. Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa, 6'4", 225. I just have no trust in McGee and I like smart QBs. Stanzi fits that to a T. I think he could develp into a starter. Perfect timing for when Romo decides to hang 'em up possibly? I don't know, but I do know this kid is football smart. You can see it. Future Head Coach kind of smart. I like that.

6a. Owen Marecic, FB, Stanford, 6'1", 245. I am projecting Crayton will do enough to move from a 7th conditional pick to a 6th conditional pick. I love FBs. Especially ones who love contact and this kid soaks it up like gravy. He also plays ILB for the Cardinal and is so physically fit that he may set a record for minutes played in a season. His motor never stops.

6b. Brandon Hogan, CB, West Virginia, 5'10", 190. This kid can fly. He should run a sub 4.4 time in the 40. Some off field issues with drinking will drop his draft stock, but I think he is worth the low risk attempt to salvage. he also returns some punts. Gotta have CB depth, but don't want to spend early.

7. JaQuizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State, 5'7", 191. Miami's conditional pick for Pat McQuistan. Our pick was used for Josh Brent. I think Choice or Barber will be gone after this year. Quizz is not a full time ball carrier, but he is explosive. He can be used as a return man and on 3rd downs where he is very good catching the football. In the open field he is almost impossible to catch. He wastes no time finding top speed.
  2. rockj7

rockj7 Active Member

841 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Hos what about Greg McElroy at qb and what do you think of Nebraska Cornerbacks Prince Amukamara and Alfonzo Dennard.\

I was thinking area of needs are
    Guard

Guard

Safety

Inside Linebacker

Center

Cornerback

Inside Linebacker

D End
  3. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    I think you're off base on Stanzi. He's been pretty uneven over his career and has never struck me as overly intelligent.
  4. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Stanzi - the worst pick you could have made

hes terrible IMO

I watched him for two years - he makes bad mistakes

doesn't have what it takes to be NFL QB

now there backup QB thats a different story

James Vandenburg 6-3 212 Soph

Career - - Most prolific passer in Iowa high school history... holds 12 different Iowa high school passing records, including career passing yards (7,709), touchdown passes (93), single season passing yards (3,729 as a senior) and single season touchdown passes (49 as a senior)... ranks sixth all-time nationally in single-season completion percentage (70%) and 10th nationally in career completion percentage (64.6%).
  5. Hostile

118,787 Messages
    2,524 Likes Received
    I do like McElroy very much, but I like Stanzi a little better.

I think Prince is a 1st rounder. I haven't studied Dennard much yet, but that Defense is worth looking to for talent. Even though Texas hurt them a bit.
  6. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,662 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Love the first 3 picks.

That would suck if Quizz comes out early and goes in the 7th round. I think he comes back now that his brother was hurt (and could get another year of eligibility).
  7. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,406 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Stanzi makes great plays and really bad ones.

If you want a Hawkeye, I'd take Christian Ballard in a heartbeat. Put him at DE and you's have two Ratliffs on the DL.
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think we put more emphasis on CB.

We're woefully thin there and Newman isn't getting any younger. Add one more in place of Stanzi.

Other than that, I like it a lot.
  9. Hostile

118,787 Messages
    2,524 Likes Received
    If it was about wanting a Hawkeye I'd take Adrian Clayborn. I was about wanting a smart backup QB who could develop into a starter on the next level.
  10. blindzebra

9,406 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Clayborn would need to drop weight to be an OLB...we don't need...or put on 20 pounds to play DE.

Ballard is at 300 pounds already and is as fast as Clayborn.
  11. Chris in Arizona

3,662 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Nick Foles?

in 2012..I doubt he comes out early now that he's hurt.
  12. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    don't think he can do that tho
  13. Chris in Arizona

3,662 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Clayborn is 286 lbs. He could play DE for us.
  14. Hostile

118,787 Messages
    2,524 Likes Received
    Yeah I got that from your last post. I didn't comment for a reason. You don't need to keep repeating it trying to elicit a response.
  15. Hostile

118,787 Messages
    2,524 Likes Received
    I think Foles is going to end up a 1st or 2nd round guy. I hop he's not too hurt. I'm already gripping about th 2 to 3 weeks he will miss because of who we play.
  16. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Do I?
  17. Chris in Arizona

3,662 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Speaking of Iowa players, what are your guys' takes on Hawkeye safety Tyler Sash?
  18. blindzebra

9,406 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    A poor mans Bob Saunders.

He does not look great but he is always making plays.
  19. Chris in Arizona

3,662 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    First few times I saw him I thought he was just lucky. Now after seeing him make play after play I think he's a football player. He's like a bigger Jim Leonhard (NY Jets) to me. Willing hitter, decent enough athlete, and a nose for the ball.
  20. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty to update your mock...

1. Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina, 6'2", 210.
    Was suspended to start the year, but is back playing now and it shows why he was missed. This kid is just aching to be a ball hawk. Last year 8 Pass Defenses and 6 Picks. He is a solid tackler who reads run very good and can play deep coverage. Is he our dream Safety? For now, he fits the prescription.

2. Stefen Wisniewski, C, Penn State, 6'3. 300.
    We drafted his uncle, but we did it for the Raiders. He is only one of the best to ever play. You know how big I am on pedigree. This kid has it. He is a mauler. I like O'Dowd of SC, but I think his injuries are going to scare a lot of teams. It is a risk to take center this high, but John Mangold is anchoring the best OL in the NFL and we need to fix the blocking.

3. John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin, 6'5, 320. I spent much of last Saturday watching the Wisconsin OL open holes for John Clay to run against Ohio State. I feel the Cowboys have to address Interior OL and in high rounds. This is a guy who will fight from snap to whistle.

4. Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech, 5'11", 186.
    This kid simply makes plays, 8 INTs from '09 to current. Returning 2 for TDs. 19 pass breakups in the same span.

5. Lazarius Levingston, DL, LSU. Player who switched from DE to DT this year and is considered a team leader. Has 14.5 career tackles for loss. You can't go wrong with a starting Dlineman from LSU.

6a. Owen Marecic, FB, Stanford, 6'1", 245. I am projecting Crayton will do enough to move from a 7th conditional pick to a 6th conditional pick. I love FBs. Especially ones who love contact and this kid soaks it up like gravy. He also plays ILB for the Cardinal and is so physically fit that he may set a record for minutes played in a season. His motor never stops.

6b. Brandon Hogan, CB, West Virginia, 5'10", 190. This kid can fly. He should run a sub 4.4 time in the 40. Some off field issues with drinking will drop his draft stock, but I think he is worth the low risk attempt to salvage. he also returns some punts. Gotta have CB depth, but don't want to spend early.

7. JaQuizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State, 5'7", 191. Miami's conditional pick for Pat McQuistan. Our pick was used for Josh Brent. I think Choice or Barber will be gone after this year. Quizz is not a full time ball carrier, but he is explosive. He can be used as a return man and on 3rd downs where he is very good catching the football. In the open field he is almost impossible to catch. He wastes no time finding top speed.