1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I Got Mockin' Pneumonia and Boogie Woogie Flu

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    Why would I mind?
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It's just a courtesy question. What do you think?
  3. Hostile

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    I still like Stanzi and Foster.
  4. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,255 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    Yep. Clayborn would be a holy terror as a 3-4 end. He'd be a great strong side 4-3 end and I think he could play tackle in certain 4 man fronts.

Great player.
  5. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received

lmao. Is that cause they both beeee white? Leonhard of all people. haha.
  6. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I highly, highly, highly doubt Rodgers lasts that long. Especially when he runs a 4.3 at the combine.

Why'd you replace Williams with Mcdaniels? I prefer Williams but just interested as to why you switched them up. And I think Deunta is already a ballhawk.
  7. Dawgs0916

Dawgs0916 Will the Thrill

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I am pretty sure Quizz is only a Junior because I played against him when I was a senior in the state championship.

I also don't think that he will ever sniff the 7th round. He's way too good for that no matter how small he is.
  8. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa (Senior)
    Height: 6’4″
    Weight: 220
    Projection: 4th-5th Round
    Last Updated: September 4th, 2010
    Strengths: Prototypical measurables – Elite leadership and intangibles - Unshakably confident – System experience is a huge plus – Effective on play-action and other fakes - Good arm strength – Improving accuracy - Throws very well on the run.

Weaknesses: Throwing mechanics from the pocket need work – Doesn’t step into every throw – Footwork and balance need tuned – Has a tendency to lock onto a receiver – Tries to fit the ball into tight spaces a bit too often – Decision making needs work.
    Combine:
    2009 Stats:
    56.3% Completion, 2417 Yards, 17 Touchdowns, 15 Interceptions
  9. Hostile

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    I watched the UNC Clemson game and just thought he moved so fluid that he is a more natural player. That was with possible rust from the layoff. Just liked what I saw a lot.
  10. Hostile

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    Ricky Stanzi

13 TDs
    2 INTs

68.3 comp %
    10.17 ypa
  11. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Assuming, we make the playoffs, and there is still a chance at that, but getting slim, Wisniewski wont be there when we pick, will be gone about mid 2nd round pick somewhere around 40th pick, so your going to have to be creative, and move up to get Stefen and some of your other picks. So far, I see the Cowboys picking based on their won loss record so far, anywhere from 11th pick to about the 25th pick. Settling in around the 17th pick. Even if we pick around there, your still going to have to trade up in each rounds to get players you mentioned, most of them are pretty good picks, but will be long gone about time we pick.

I am hopeful that we can get a 3rd or 4th round compensation pick for Flozell Adams, and a 6th to 7th for Ken Hamlin.

that would allow you to trade up in 2 to 3 rounds to get some good players, say about 7 to 12 spots higher, using the 3rd or 4th rounder, and other extra picks we have, if we do get compensation picks.

Finally, I still feel this team is still real close, but right now, needs some impact players in trades like we did in 1992 when we traded for charles haley and thomas everett safety from pittsburgh.

We need some playmakers like jimmy johnson used to call them like Haley and Everett were that took the ball away and made turnovers. What weaknesses do we have on this team now, players teams fear, and that make turnovers, hince haley and everett safety. I think we have the future safety on board in ansah, but sooner or later he has to play and get his feet wet at safety because alan ball isnt getting the job done.
  12. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think you may have picks 1 & 2 flip flopped.

Wiz could go in 1 and Deunta 2 due to the suspension and his stock being lower than it otherwise would have been ala Dez.
  13. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,542 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Joe, we will not get any compensatory picks for them. We released them. They do not qualify for compensatory picks.
  14. Hostile

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    You beat me to it.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,163 Messages
    2,752 Likes Received
    Almost 24 hours later I'm still waiting for an edit to include a kicker somewhere.

I kid I kid.

:D
  16. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,799 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    Love the Wisnewski and Foster picks.
  17. Hostile

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    Finally, someone besides me knows about him.
  18. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think poor Joe will ever figure out how compensatory picks work... LOL...
  19. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know about Foster. I watched UW a lot last year because Donald Butler, last year's 3rd round LB from there went to my HS.

I think we need more of an impact player at ILB.

Someone like Greg Jones or Kelvin Sheppard.

Besides Ratliff we have no playmakers up the middle.
  20. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I rather have Akeem Ayers*, OLB, UCLA
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 252.

Ayers' game tape against Texas. He can drop in coverage, play the run, and really compete on the field. There is no denying his talent level, but when I watched his game against Washington State he was a little invisible and didn't make his presence felt enough. As a pass-rusher, he is a little overrated

than Greg Jones