1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I got to lose 35lbs by April 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by ctrous25, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    The hyper chipmunk part is accurate too lol.
    BigStar likes this.
  2. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,561 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Ya, this bet is causing you to lose weight the wrong way.
  3. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

774 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I think its mainly because most people don't get enough fruit and veggies in their diet, and making a blend of different fruits/vegetables then transporting it to work is alot easier than carrying around a bunch of different fruits and veggies on their own.
  4. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,229 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    Cut off an arm, .. but make sure the guy is someone that will pay up on his bets.

Seriously, 35 lbs in two months?, .. good luck, .. and be careful.

2k? You still better be very confident that this is a person that will pay if he loses this bet.
  5. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,165 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    Oh don't take that personally at all I was just having some fun about the topic. You were totally not nerdy/annoying and very informative (not lecturing;advice) in your post. I just thought Charlie showed the eccentric po folk way :)
  6. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

22,613 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    Fixed.

Solution above. Lol
  7. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,333 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    @REDVOLUTION

I follow everything on that list almost to a T. Although, I am lucky my nutritionist wife cooks 75% of our meals since she likes to cook and is not working. However, even when she went to Japan for a month, I still followed that list on my own. It can be done. It is not difficult at all. And I eat like a king when it comes to taste and quality. I do not deny myself any food. I snack on chips, cookies, chocolate, ice cream, etc. Portion size and moderation are the key. And it all can be done cheaply; my wife and I spend approximately less than $400/month on food for the both of us.
  8. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    No worries :D.
  9. theSHOW

theSHOW Well-Known Member

2,155 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    ok lets chart this. Feb 3, 2014 (Monday is scale day :D:D) 260 lbs. - 35 lbs. to goal of 225 lbs. 8 weeks left
  10. ctrous25

ctrous25 Stay Classy Philly/Minny

809 Messages
    18 Likes Received
  11. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,282 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    This thread has inspired me to get my training regimine going again.

I'm 24, used to be in perfect shape in High School. Played Strong Safety.

Out of High School I got into IT work and took for granted how much Football kept me in shape. I'm now out of shape like a mofo, but I'm back on my training schedule as of yesterday.

I'll be following a diet similar to the one posted above (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5899101).
  12. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,869 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    True enough. The mantra is.....It's not what you do in the gym....... It's what you do when you're NOT in the gym.

Diet, diet, diet. Good healthy foods (Chicken, turkey, buffalo) in 6-8 oz portions with veggies and protien. Sprinkle in a yam and small red potato. Use fat free cottage cheese for a slow protien release before bed. Fat free milk for drink. Done.

It sucks at first but you'll notice a difference in about two weeks. For the sweet tooth, my biggest and hardest issue to deal with, try a Gala apple. They usually qualm the desire for a box of Little Debbie's chocolate anything!. :)

No sugars and lay off the breads, tortillas buns, rolls, etc. If you're working out and sweating we need salt. Be wary of your intake is all. NO sports drinks or sodas. Loaded with all the crap you don't need. (Your cholestoral will thank you.)

While I do this daily I do allow my self 1 cheat meal a week. Whatever, except sugar(s). Funny thing tho....the longer you diet the more issues one has after the 'cheat meal'. At this point I may as well not do it. My body rejects it in various ways.

My two cents.
  13. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,869 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    Yes sir. Pay attention. Your body truly speaks.

It's amazing what one can do FOR the body and the results therin. Amazing.
  14. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,117 Messages
    766 Likes Received
    How we doin' @ctrous25? Updates? Are you going to get paid or what?
  15. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

2,740 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Keep drinking a lot of water. This is especially important if you plan on cutting water weight (wrestler/MMA style) at the end to win the bet. Obviously, not healthy, but if you need to drop 12 lbs quick, it works pretty well.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,866 Messages
    1,133 Likes Received
    I've found sandwiches to really help me when i'm trying to lose weight.

You can buy bread that for 2 slices is 90 calories..

Use some mustard and turkey and you can make 2 sandwiches that are around 400 calories for all of it.

You could do this with breakfast too. Couple of Eggs and 2 or 3 pieces of toast. That's 900 calories for 2 meals and if you don't go crazy on your 3rd meal you should lose weight.
  17. ctrous25

ctrous25 Stay Classy Philly/Minny

809 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    242 friend. . Working out twice a day . Drinking plenty of water with a balanced diet of 1800 cals
    RastaRocket likes this.
  18. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,554 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Bodybuilding.com is an AMAZING website.
    Everything you could ever need to know about dieting and getting in shape can be found on that website. A lot of those guys have PhDs's.

Both my Diet and my Lifting routines were found on that website. Currently doing a 12 week routine by Dr. Jim Stoppani.
    Since I started working out 6 months or so ago, I have taken in so much information from that website, and I can definitely see/feel the difference in my body.
  19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,322 Messages
    993 Likes Received
    Lots and lots of cocaine.
  20. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,229 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    Any side effects? LOL