1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I gotta give Garrett Props for this one

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Dec 16, 2012.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,042 Messages
    2,272 Likes Received
    I can't believe it but that was a great game by him all around.

There were maybe 1 or 2 things you could 2nd guess but he helped us more than he hurt us today.

The playcalling was the best it had been all year as well. We saw routes that allowed are receivers to have a lot of catch and run opportunities. Finally used them to their strength.

Also props for actually having the team ready from the get go for a change.

Well done.
  2. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,064 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    :hammer:

He's winning me over lately, Garrett.
  3. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

1,051 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    He did a nice job today. Team remained gritty and pulled it out.
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,085 Messages
    1,280 Likes Received
    Agreed. It was creative. If was varied. It was effective. Repeat post from another thread:

5. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,390 Messages
    646 Likes Received
    Meet your 2013 head coach- Jason Garrett
  6. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,736 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received
    Garrett is winning me over. I'm a fan of results and this team is winning football games right now. Plus it seems the players really care about the guy.

Considering the injuries I think he definitely deserves at least another year.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,042 Messages
    2,272 Likes Received
    Had we lost I still would've gave him props.

I thought he got away with a lot of stuff last week. I didn't think the Coaching job against the Bengals was all that great.

This game we looked like the better team and our playcalling, for a change, actually made the defense have to think a little and put our players in a position to succeed.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,042 Messages
    2,272 Likes Received
    Let's keep the pressure on and keep see'ing more of this before we say this.

This wasn't typical Jason Garrett. When it is then i'll be all for keeping him.
  9. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,085 Messages
    1,280 Likes Received
    Yup. Good or bad.
  10. Luckenbach

Luckenbach Member

91 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Garrett's On the Job Training is finally paying off.

Wasn't keen on some of his conservative calls, but I can't complain about how the game started for once. Really a simple difference of opinion... and If he can get those penalties under wraps then it won't matter if we're injured, the culture in Dallas seems to be all about next man up.

Albright is someone I was impressed with, we lose yet another ILB, and the replacement isn't really a drop off. I love that this team is full of competitors and it can be seen that ALL of these players are professionals, and the team is all about fielding whoever is healthy.

I want more of Beasley and Harris, loving their impact. Beasley doesn't know how to play anyway but full throttle, and Harris gets so low when running he is quite difficult to tackle.

Love the youth movement, this should be a factor this offseason. Especially with our make believe cap penalities.
  11. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,105 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I'll give credit where it's due, but he made two boneheaded calls today. The squib kick and the 3rd and short when they were going to roll Romo out. Other than that, great job. I want him to succeed as our HC, but I do not want him as our OC next year. If he won't give up the OC position, I don't want him as the HC. It's that simple with me. Overall, a good job by Garrett today.
  12. Mattsdad

Mattsdad Member Zone Supporter

593 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Hurts me to say, but I have to agree. It was an all-around nice game for Garrett.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,042 Messages
    2,272 Likes Received
    We got good coaching and good QB play. When that happens, for any team, then it's not typical to not have success.
  14. preacher238

preacher238 Member

497 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Thank you for posting this. :)
  15. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,857 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I like Garret, but even if you don't like him you got to admit his team always plays tough and never quit. What more can you ask for in a team.
  16. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,673 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    Murray run call on TD was one of his best calls of the year.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,042 Messages
    2,272 Likes Received
    If he could just manage to be like he was today on average as a playcaller then I wouldn't throw tantrums to get rid of him.

He was more of the Garrett we saw at the very end of 2009 today and less of what we've seen ever since he took over as our head coach.

Today was progress. The pressure is sky high and the Cowboys have responded. 2 to go.
  18. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I have to disagree. Playcalling was improved but the game management was as poor as usual - fortunately, Tomlin is almost as bad.

The team as a whole played great today, but Garrett remains a liability. The good news is that lugging a mediocre coach around isn't any harder than lugging around a mediocre guard or a mediocre safety.
  19. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,992 Messages
    2,020 Likes Received
    I like what he did most of the game but that 4th down i dont agree with. LIke most of you im sure were cussing at ur tv when Garrett punted. And then a great play by special teams. Ryan brought the house after that and Pitt couldnt adjust.

Still im tired of falling below expectations. So get this team to the playoffs and make some noise. Then he can have some glory.
  20. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,369 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    Love the emotion Garrett has shown the last two weeks.