1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I gotta give Garrett Props for this one

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Dec 16, 2012.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,549 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    The 4th down at the end of the game where we punted and didn't go for it / kick the field goal?

That was the right call to punt it. Pitt still had a TO too.
  2. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    You have to punt in that situation, 100 out of 100 times.
  3. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,290 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    As an anti-Red guy, I must admit being impressed big time by Garrett today. I've now come around to accepting maybe keeping the guy as HC could actually be a good thing.

Of course, he could still blow it with 2 games to go, but at least we see it is possible he can really coach.

Good job Garrett!
  4. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,290 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    This! I was as incredulous as the annoucers were when it appeared we were going to kick a FG. 11 yards longer than Bailey's longest and giving Pitt a real good chance to kick their own if we missed - that would have been stupid. Garrett was just playing with them I guess.
  5. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I didn’t like the 4th down qb sneak play. I thought the run on the goal line was a great call. I thought he got away from the running game near the end. He did have the players ready to go, they started fast. Overall i think he did a good job, not perfect tho. Ryan i think is doing a great job with a depleted defense.
  6. JPostSam

JPostSam Well-Known Member

1,001 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    the only thing i questioned was the call to punt on 4th and 1 foot with 2 minutes left, instead of going for the win right then and there.

but with everything this team had suffered through, i am really impressed with the way this team has developed mental toughness and the ability to make plays when it counts.
  7. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

945 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Ive been as hard as anyone on Garrett but he was one step ahead of the steelers defense all day. Nice game plan and the plaeyers were ready to go. cudos to the "RHG"
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,792 Messages
    5,502 Likes Received
    With each game this team wins, Jason Garrett gets better and better as a head coach.

It reminds me of the time Tony Romo became such a good leader by playing better and better football. It's nice to see.
  9. Idgit

29,792 Messages
    5,502 Likes Received
    The one inside his own 20? In game-winning field goal range? Really?
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,029 Messages
    7,513 Likes Received
    He completely schooled LeBeau. Had them off balance all game. Romo throws for 340 on a defense that hadn't let up a 300 yard performance in 20 games. There was a running game, mostly by scheme. That 3 yard walk in score was a thing of beauty.

People talked about being proud after the Cincinnati. Now this is a win I can be proud of.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,029 Messages
    7,513 Likes Received
    Insanity.

The way these guys study the playcaller with a microscope, you can make the same complaints with anybody.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,549 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    No he still wasn't all that great against the Bengals.

Wasn't impressed with his wins against Cleveland and Philly twice either.

Nice job having his team focused last week but that is where it ends.

This game and the Giants game are where Garrett "supporters" can say that he actually coached like a quality coach.

Now lets build off of this and not go back in the wrong direction.
  13. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have not said a positive thing about Garrett since 2007........

that changes right now

countless injuries, the only starters who played on defense was carr, sensy, ware and spencer. Murray has been out for awhile but has come back strong, the o-line has had its issues, we had a death in the family, dez has a broken finger and miles hamstring is a consistant issue

we started off 3-5 and are currently 8-6 with a good chance to win the division.

Man i got to give garrett some praise right now....heck of a job
  14. Idgit

29,792 Messages
    5,502 Likes Received
    The good news is, he'll magically keep getting better and better, as long as the team keeps winning.
  15. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,719 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    my biggest issue with the game calling today was that short KO. Bailey had been booming it and getting nothing but touchbacks. That short KO gave momentum back to the Steelers right after we took the lead. Garrett definitely had himself a Mack Brown moment on that call.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,549 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    I guess.

He won 3 out of 4 and his seat was as hot as ever.
  17. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,511 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    The ZBS really pushed the Steelers DL around today.

I also don't find it surprising that they were able to move around bigger lineman like they did today, this group has struggled with the smaller front guys all year long.
  18. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,145 Messages
    2,552 Likes Received
    Someone didn't watch the Baltimore game.
  19. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,145 Messages
    2,552 Likes Received
    Hate to rustle your jimmies, but the seat was never hot.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,549 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    Watched it. Today was better because we gave catch and run receivers the ability to actually catch and run it.

The entire playcalling was as dynamic as I've seen from him and played to our players stengths.