1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I hate DirecTV...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by theebs, May 15, 2008.

1. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Just wanted to say that. They are the biggest group of jerks ever and I hope there satelites explode.

Sorry just venting.
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Really? I've had great service from them... what happened?
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

Its a long story. I dont have the patience to get into right now.

But in short, my HD stations never come in. I finally had enough and called technical support for the third time and the guy was a waste of time. While I was on the phone with the guy, he kept on asking the girls around him what kind of panties they were wearing, if they were wearing there T-Backs or full panties...then he tells me I need to spend 80 bucks on a service call.

So I call and haggle with customer service monday night for about 3 hours. I got hung up on Twice and the third time I called the retention line and spent 40 minutes on hold where I was promised, 4 months of credit for my hd package, 5 bucks off my bill for 12 months, starz and encore for 6 months free and no charge on the service call.

Well yesterday the tech guy came and said all I needed was to change the cables in the back of the box to the wall outlet. So we did and it worked, that was at noon. At 8 at the start of the 2nd period of the stars game the hd went out again and I had to watch it in standard again.

Now here is the kicker. I still havent received the starz they promised me, I have not been given the 40 dollar credit for the hd being out and I got billed within like two hours of the tech guy leaving my house for a service call plus they added the protection plan. So my bill was actually more this month.

I was with my son all day yesterday and today and cant get on the phone with them, so now I have to waste a third day tomorrow arguing with them.

I would love to get one of the two women on the phone again who hung up on me. I am giving them until the end of tomorrow to have it all resolved. I really think the guy just lied and didnt give me the starz, there is no reason he couldnt turn it on monday night. He told me the system was being updated. Sure.

anyway, Like I said I hope their satellites explode and then land on their call centers.
  4. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I had great service with them.

Dish Network was garbage, though.
  5. trickblue

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Wow... that does suck

I had issues at times, but they have always taken care of things well to my satisfaction. Sounds like you are getting pushed to the wrong people...

I've never had any issues with my HD thus far...

(what kind of panties btw... :D )

Dish IS garbage... in our area they cut off the local ABC affiliate because they decided not to pay the fee to them. People are furious around here...
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,676 Messages
    1,617 Likes Received
    I had DIRECTV from Feb 95 to March 08. Only had one problem with them in all those years. Theebs, you just have bad luck.
  7. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I know.

I do.
  8. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    The guy kept asking the girls around him if they had there t-backs on..

when I was on hold I said to my wife, wha the hell is a T-back, after finishing laughing at me she told me.

Pretty professional call center. between him and the 2nd girl that hung up on me I feel like I called the homeboy shopping network.
  9. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,251 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I've had a few issues with DirecTV here and there but they've all been resolved to my satisfaction in the past. I've never ever in the almost ten years of having the service had service that unprofessional when I've called in. That's pretty unbelievable.
  10. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,220 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    doesn't help you any does it? i have to echo the rest and say i've been very happy with directTV to the point to where i've not considered changing providers in 6+ years. pretty amazing to me.

but man, that would irk me to no end also. make them replace your HD box.
  11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

Yea, this is my 2nd r20 hd box! So I am not sure what the problem is.

I had directv from august of 98 till january of 03 when I moved to Dfw. I had cable in my apartment and when we bought our house in 04 I signed up for directv again. I have never had a problem before.

I just am ticked off this time!!!! I am a pretty laid back person, usually too much. When I get them on the phone tonight though I am going to be a colossal ******.

If I have to watch another hockey game in standard def I am going to be so dissapointed!!
  12. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Agreed. I had DISH before and that network STUNK to high heaven. I have since been w/ DirectTV for about 5 yrs now and LOVE them.

To be honest.....you really need to know who to call. My sat guys here in town are awesome. If I have a single problem, I call them and they handle DirectTV. I do have to call DirectTV to open the ticket, but then I can call my guys here locally.
  13. SPHawk

SPHawk Member

344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You must be in the North East Texas area. I know many people that have ended their run with Dish and went to Direct just for that reason.
  14. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My experience was fine with Directv for 9 yrs, and then it wasn't. And it got ugly. Been with DISH ever since and couldn't be happier. Shows to go you that more often than not it comes down to favorable vs unfavorable interaction at the customer disservice level. One person's great exp w one is another's nightmare, and the overall view of the companies hinge on this more often than on issues like policy or programming where neither really distinguishes themselves. I know some would argue that last point but aside from the Sunday Ticket, ain't a dime's worth of difference.
  15. trickblue

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Yep... that's me...
  16. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I get all of the channels I got with a sat dish on cable plus On Demand. I get all of the Cowboys game also.
  17. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,169 Messages
    5,717 Likes Received
    DTV has On Demand now. I haven't hooked it up, yet. When I do, I'll let you know how it goes.

My only bad experience with DTV has to do with them wanting their payment on time. Go figure them wanting to be paid on the actual due date.
  18. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Only issue I have with DTV is if a big storm comes thru you loose signal...

I've hooked up to the net and have the OnDemand not to impressed thus far biggest issue is when it'd downloading a movie or show the whole houses internet lagggs...

Theebs could it have been your local station's signal not DTV this time? I've had problems in the past such as the first couple rounds of college march madness...
  19. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Those bastids
  20. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

no my locals are fine. ITs vs, tbs, fx, spike, bio, nfl net, nhl net...etc....

all are usually just out and searching for signal.