1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I hate the Texans.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cdewsxzaq, Apr 28, 2012.

1. cdewsxzaq

cdewsxzaq Member

127 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    They took Ben Jones at 99 and Jared Crick at 126. I hate them.
  2. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,162 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    We made no effort to move up for Jones and we passed on Crick. Why are people jealous of other teams because of players who our coaching staff have no interest in? I'd rather trust my team and go with what they think is best for them.
  3. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    They are the class of Texas right now.

They have probably widened their lead on us by a good margin after this draft as we have not fortified our lines much and they have loaded up.

If we are going to have a shot Miles has to come back to 2009 form, this OL has to become dominant and we need to create a passrush from exotic blitzes while Ryan's CBs cover everyone.
  4. Bull209

Bull209 Benched

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What reasoning have the Cowboys given you for trusting them? It'd be different if the Cowboys had proven themselves to be a good front office, but they're anything aside from that.
  5. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Except our team has a history of sucking in rounds 2, 4, 5 and 6. They just don't have a clue about how to draft in this portion of the draft. Last year we got nothing from there. In 2010 we also got nothing. In 2009 we basically got nothing.

I really think the whole scouting dept. has to go if their bet on Claiborne doesn't pay off. He had better be an island out there.
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Don't forget Brooks. Not sure about Crick but we could have used him.
  7. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,162 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Haha. Lissemore, Lee, Murray, Ratliff, Hatcher, Butler, Carter, Scandrick, Free. We have more non-1st rounders contributing to this team.
  8. cdewsxzaq

cdewsxzaq Member

127 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Because they took two of the guys that I THOUGHT could actually make an impact on this team. I don't pretend to know who the front office is targeting, I'm just going off of my own opinions through my observations of team needs.
  9. Bull209

Bull209 Benched

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    - Lissemore, I like his potential, but he's not there yet.
    - 6 years in Hatcher is rotational player that they picked in the 3rd round.
    - Carter has done NOTHING in the NFL and I say that as someone who likes him.
    - Butler, again, rotational player. Plenty of teams can find a rotational player in the 4th round.
    - Scandrick, mediocre at best and signed to a contract that doesn't match his production.

Lee, Murray and Ratliff, I'll give you.
  10. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,446 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    lol, if you're going to hang your hat on this team's draft record you're pissing up a rope,,, :cool:
  11. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,889 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    You don't need to be a scout to see that Claiborne is good and you're really not betting on him he's pretty safe. Scouts make their money in the later round and ours fail bad there
  12. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    So we had one 2nd rounder in how long become a core part of the team. The last pervious one was Gurode in 2002.

Notice how I left off round 3 which has yielded Murray, Hatcher and Witten. We've done okay in round 3.

Round 4 has been bad for us lately. Butler is a JAG - you could get the same production from a vet min guy off the street. Free has been okay but by the time he was good we had to pay through the nose after a contract year and now he is way overpaid. So in the end we got 1.5 cheap seasons out of him before he tanked compared to his salary.

Lissemore was a 7th rounder where we've had better success historically.
  13. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    The issue isn't whether Claiborne is good. They claim he is the best CB in 20 years - that is the claim they have made and that is why we traded up. I'd have been fine trading down and trying to get Boykin, Casey Heyward, Fleming or Trumaine Johnson. These buys went from the late second to the mid 4th round. We'll have to see if Claiborne pays off as we leveraged our draft for him instead of going the trade down route for depth.
  14. SMCowboy

SMCowboy Active Member

1,407 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    We have a history of sucking in round 4? Lets see, our
    David Arkin
    Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
    Stephen McGee
    Victor Butler
    Brandon Williams
    Tashard Choice
    Isaiah Stanback
    Doug Free
    Skyler Green
    Marion Barber
    Chris Canty
    Bruce Thornton
    Bradie James
    Jamar Martin

Over the last 10 years, we have found 4 regular starters in Bradie James, Chris Canty, Marion Barber, and Doug Free. We have also found a top contributer in Tashard Choice and a solid backup in Victor Butler.

The 4th round, despite what some want to think is NOT a round with alot of starters drafted. You will hard pressed to find a team with more success over the past 10 years that the Cowboys.
  15. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    We suck. I'm done watching the draft.... They stand around like idiots in the war room with smiles shaking hands completely oblivious to the fact that they just drafted nobodys with their last two picks.......Wilbur and a CB I haven't even heard in three months of looking at prospects....
    I found johnson and he's listed at a potential undrafted free agent.

Crick is going to be an impact player and a serious contender to be a starter at some point for the Texans.....and he fell right into our laps

16. cdewsxzaq

cdewsxzaq Member

127 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    My gut tells me this fourth round flat out sucks, so does my brain.
  17. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,501 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    because that's equated to a lot of playoff wins in the past decade hasn't it...?
  18. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    This isn't the past decade bud. We got a new coaching staff here now making good decisions and Ill put my trust in them.
  19. Bull209

Bull209 Benched

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good decisions like icing their own kicker and picking UDFAs in the 4th round.
  20. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,501 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    granted, but the meddling botox is still allowed in the war room also, guess owning the team affords you that