1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I hope Jerry Jones is watching...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Rack Bauer, Jan 12, 2013.

1. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Guys, we're switching back to the 4-3. It's been 12 years since Jerry had a chance to reach for a DE.

I would be willing to bet that the man that gave us Shante Carver, Kavika Pittman, and Ebenezer Ekuban is just itching to add to the collection.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,079 Messages
    1,936 Likes Received
    I'll take that bet...
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,058 Messages
    2,974 Likes Received
    Why would you see him as a Tackle. He was a Guard in college and projected as a Guard in the NFL.

He was my pet cat. DeCastro was my pet cat. This year I'll take Warmack, Cooper, or Barrett Jones. At the very least I consistently want interior OL.

I won't grouse at a big DT, and maybe not a Safety, though I hope we go Lines for the first 2 rounds.
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Meh, we had no shot at Iupati in 2010, so you can't really say that he should be in Dallas right now. You want to revitalize legit rueing, check out that All Pro Center Seattle is rolling out today.
  5. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,127 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    Yeah I seem to remember Iupati as being a guard not tackle. He was mauling out there last night...This is what we friggin need in this upcoming draft but I think we go Def as well.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,403 Messages
    5,947 Likes Received
    I know a lot of people in the fanbase wanted Max Unger but he was still selected two slots ahead of our pick in the 2nd round.

Other than the Roy Williams trade, the true disaster in that draft was trading out of the 51st pick for Buffalo's 3rd and 4th rd picks which turned out to be Robert Brewster and Victor Butler. In the meantime, the Bills used that pick to draft guard Andy Levitre, a guy who has started every game in his 4 yr career and someone who is going to get paid this offseason. :banghead:
  7. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Dallas was trying to deal up to grab Unger, just couldn't get there because they felt the price was too high. That draft (and the Roy Williams trade itself) was disaster in every way possible.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Because at the Senior Bowl they had him at Tackle, people were saying he was most likely going to be a Tackle, and he said himself he wanted to play Tackle.

So far I'm on board with Warmack or Cooper unless another player changes my mind.

I don't like Barrett Jones in the 1st round but is love to get him on this team.
  9. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Agree. I've seen multiple mocks with Warmack and North Carolina guard 15-25
  10. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

958 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    You only realized this today?

We simply don't have a playoff-caliber team and some here seem to think that we do.
  11. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,170 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    I believe we wanted iupati that year. And fwiw, warmack is no iupati. Doesn't have the size to dominate like him
  12. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    If Warmack is there at 18 when we pick and we don't take him it will be a huge mistake
  13. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    6'3", 330 lbs isn't big enough to dominate?

Did you actually believe that when you typed it?
  14. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,335 Messages
    277 Likes Received
    I will be shocked if we don't go defense in the 1st round. Jerry will want to get his defensive player to please Kiffin and sell everyone on the transition to the 4-3.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,652 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    Get ready for a huge mistake.
  16. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,196 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    I hope he's watching what a good safety can do.
  17. Hostile

119,058 Messages
    2,974 Likes Received
    I studied every scrap on him and I don't remember that at all. He was a Guard.
  18. Hostile

119,058 Messages
    2,974 Likes Received
    Virtually the same size Larry Allen was. Not saying he is the next Larry Allen. Warmack is no small fry playing out there.
  19. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,818 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    He was a guard but they thought he could play tackle as well. I think they even played him at LT at the Senior Bowl.
  20. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,053 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    Dick LeBeau is 70+ and still has a top defense.