1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I hope the players dont take Cleveland as lightly

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MOZONE, Nov 13, 2012.

1. MOZONE

MOZONE New Member

118 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I seriously hope the players dont take Cleveland as lightly as some of you are .They have a very good defense , a solid Oline and a very good rb .
    All im saying is dont be surprised if we are in a dogfight .
    That Philthy game means nothing if we cant beat the browns !
  2. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,356 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    This is your classic trap game. Parcells would be hanging mouse traps all over the locker room for a game like this. Overlooking a supposed lesser opponent with the big Thanksgiving game only a few days later.

Like you, i expect a somewhat close game. 19-10 or something like that.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I've been saying it for a couple of weeks. The Browns aren't a cakewalk.

Their offense isn't that much more anemic than Dallas'.

I think it will be a tough game.
  4. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The cowboys cannot afford to look over the brows because we're not much better than they are if we are at all.......

parcells would hang mouse traps i'll just hang 4-5 over the place
  5. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,643 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    The Cowboys aren't good enough to overlook anybody. If the Cowboys take the Browns lightly or get "trapped", it would be a huge indictment on the coaches and the players of this team.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,258 Likes Received
    I don't think Ryan returning to CLE will be lost on our defense. It's a game our fans might overlook, since it's a bad AFC team with little obvious identity, but you can bet the players and coaches will be up for it.

It's still going to be a close game, though. One where people will be unhappy with a narrow win.
  7. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,419 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    Add Henderson to that list. He was Cleveland's secondary coach.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    I would hope by now that no player or fan is dumb enough to take any team lightly in today's NFL.

The list of teams rising up to upset the favorites is seemingly endless.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,928 Likes Received
    I would call it a trap game if we were not under 500 but as things stand there should not be any such things as a trap game or even this team taking anyone lightly. Cowboys need wins and they need to play better football who we play right now should not mean anything
  10. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,362 Messages
    763 Likes Received
    Ditto with the Skins. If they win their next two (including the game in Dallas), they are right back in the hunt.
  11. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Didn't the players get Monday and Tuesday off? That just screams taking them lightly to me. I hope Garrett doesn't go full-****** on his play-calling, and I pray the receivers make all the catchs they're supposed to. :star:
  12. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,602 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    I don't see us taking this lightly. With this win we will only be one game out of first in the division.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,928 Likes Received
    Players Union and League rules have some say in that as well. I know you want to attack Garrett and the Cowboys but at least use some common sense.
  14. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,764 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Trap game might apply if we even had a winning record. As it stands if we lose it's just par for the season.
  15. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    The players did get Monday off, but Mondays are typically a day where they do film review and then workout. I've heard of ex players saying that Monday's are a very light day because their bodies are trying to recover from the previous day's work.

No one in the NFL practices on Tuesday because that is the NFL mandated day off.

Wednesday is usually a full padded practice day, and the CBA only allows 14 padded practices for the year BTW.
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Same here. The talk on the talk shows is all about how we're about to go on a run and be leading the division 10 days from now. Almost no one is even discussing the Browns being any kind of challenge, which is kind of scary.

They're not a good team, but they do have some pieces to work with and haven't been as bad as their record would indicate.
  17. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So..I was right. Good try. You also might want to tone it down there, Doomsday. That was a borderline personal attack, and you're supposed to be a "moderator". Just saying. I still love you. Muah!!!
  18. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    If this team is taking ANYONE lightly, they deserve to lose. This is not a very good team. No one should have any sort of inflated ego whatsoever.
  19. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,109 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    if we lose to them, it won't be because we took them lightly--we are not that good. they will have just beat us.
  20. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    This does have the makings to be a trap game, but not one of the players had said in recent interviews that they are looking past the Browns.