1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I just watched 2010 cotton bowl

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by UnoDallas, May 16, 2011.

1. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Still don't get the DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma pick

come on - 25 carries for 115 yards againest UT

282 carries for 1200 + yards
    give Felix 282 carries your lookin at 1500 + yards

I much rather have a good short yardage guy - John Clay
  2. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    not Clay, too slow--typical Big Ten bust--you have to include DM's catches --he's a better receiver and blocker than Jones
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,859 Messages
    882 Likes Received
    To hear it told, Murray is the best pass-blocking running back ever to grace a football field, that is supposedly the difference.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,822 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    Yep, the Larry Allen of tailbacks.

Still wondering where all this came from. I guess because they said it at the PC.

And FWIW, I wasn't impressed with Clay at all in the Rose Bowl this year. He's fairly big, but he looks way too slow to me.
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,464 Messages
    1,654 Likes Received
    I think it was a brilliant pick....
  6. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,439 Messages
    937 Likes Received
    So you would rather have John Clay who was passed by every team in the league for 7 rounds and compensatory picks over DeMarco Murray a 3rd round pick and talent? What did Forrest's mother always say?
  7. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,439 Messages
    937 Likes Received
    I did not know LA caught 70+ passes and ran for 1,200 yds as a senior.:confused:
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,388 Messages
    3,680 Likes Received
    That might be the worst draft pick review I have ever read in my life.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    I thought Texas A&M and LSU played in the 2010 Cotton Bowl?
  10. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I did not plan it on being a review :banghead:

please show me a example of his awesomeness at blocking

not just one or two blocks any body can get lucky

lets see the highlight reel of him blocking
  11. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Scouting Report
    Murray has solid agility and start-and-stop ability. His quickness and long speed are both really, really good. He ran a 4.41 40-yard dash at the Combine and he really does possess home run ability. While I don’t like the timing of the pick, I think there are only a few runners in this draft who are better for Dallas than Murray. He’s an insurance policy against a Felix Jones injury, which was really an underrated “hole” for the ‘Boys.

At the running back position, though, you always want to see a guy produce no matter the circumstances. Murray had a ridiculous 63 total touchdowns in his career and, more important to me, 157 career receptions (including 71 alone in 2010). Running backs must be able to catch the ball nowadays, and Murray is a natural receiver.

Murray is a continuation of what appears to be a revised draft plan for the Cowboys. He’s a versatile player who will be especially helpful in the passing game.

Murray’s vision is solid and he makes very quick decisions with the football. You won’t see Murray dancing in the backfield. He isn’t great after contact, however, and his legs sometimes die after he gets hit. He isn’t particularly effective in short-yardage situations either. Due to his upright running style and carelessness with the football, I think he could be prone to fumbles at the next level.

1st-I’m not in love with this pick. I do see where it could potentially be a good decision for several reasons;

1. We have a homerun hitting backup for Felix.

2. Probably most importantly-This allows us to rid ourselves of Barber’s huge salary.

3. This guy has serious receiving skills. I can see a little bit of the way the Saints use Bush in Murray. I also wonder if they might try him in the slot.

I really would have liked to see a guy like Kenrick Ellis here or another big ugly OL. However, against my better judgement, I’m trusting the staff.

you looking for something better BIG DOG

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,790 Messages
    140 Likes Received

lolwut?
  13. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol, right, so unless someone has taken the time to parse through game footage and piece together a highlight clip strictly of Murray blocking and post it on YouTube, you win?
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,859 Messages
    882 Likes Received
    Don't take it personally, Big Dog gets upset when anyone questions the Murray pick. :laugh2:
  15. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,666 Messages
    3,374 Likes Received
    While there's no guarantee Murray will be successful he has a lot going for him. I think it was a pretty good pick.
  16. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Please show me how he lacks blocking.

Let's see clips of him whiffing on blocks. Just just one or two, but an entire body of work.
  17. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    :lmao: