1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I keep hearing Romo doesn't have a great supporting cast but

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Dec 31, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    why does he seem to have a great supporting cast when

He plays in games during the regular season?

The team around him seems to play just fine when he is not playing in a do or die game. But I see so many want to ignore that fact and not accept that Romo as good as we think he is since he has always been a big turnover waiting to happen.

So why is the team around him acceptable before he reaches a do or die game but when he loses in a elimination game it's the players around him???
  2. BanditHiro

BanditHiro Well-Known Member

2,031 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    In the end, the Cowboys couldn't overcome the injuries and Jason Garrett's inability to gameplan. That was the downfall of the season and it sucks that Garrett will be coming back.
  3. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,104 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Look, bottom line Romo lost the game for his team last night..If you really believe he has a good supporting case, you are blind. Besides his skill position players that he gets the ball to & having to stretch out a ton of plays with the o-line collapsing around him.. Supporting casts consists of having an offensive line that can run block that put your team in good positions on 2nd & 3rd down, & having a defense on the other side of the ball that can keep teams out of the end zone and win games as well.. The Cowboys were 31st in the NFL with 1,265 rushing yards as a team. Mosts of the games where you say the supporting cast is great, Romo has a large part to do with that.. Like I said, I can't excuse his mess last night, but you really need to wake up. They have got to put a legit offensive line around him that can handle the blitz & can get out on screen plays & open up holes for the RB's
  4. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

7,663 Messages
    1,138 Likes Received
    31st in rushing
    29th in pass defense

That's not a lot of support for the passing game.
  5. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,670 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    The team around him did nothing last night. No turnovers from the defense. Surprise surprise. RG3 was barely touched until very late in the game. DeMarcus Ware should not have been out there. The offensive line was jekyll and hyde. The starting receivers were unavailable. If they had won, it would've been all Romo. Maybe that's what's wrong with the Dallas Cowboys. They put too much on one guy. You might not like to hear "excuses" for Romo, but what part of this post is untrue? There is talent on the Cowboys, but the trenches need to be reinforced, among other things.
  6. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    I agree Romo lost the game which is why my question was to those who say he doesn't have the right supporting cast. The supporting cast seems to be just fine when the Cowboys are winning in a game that is not DO or DIE.
  7. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,921 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Also I am pretty sure we're last(or close to) in defensive turnovers.
  8. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

7,663 Messages
    1,138 Likes Received
    28th in takeaways
  9. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

650 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    lol hall of fame tight end, one of the best young receivers in dez bryant, pro bowl receiver in miles austin, very solid 3rd in dwayne harris who is also an excellent returner...

and we're going to lay this on the defense when they're the only reason the game is in reach for romo and the offense to 'come back' when they actually start attempting to play sometime in the midway mark in the 3rd quarter?
  10. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,104 Messages
    517 Likes Received
    Romo has had a good supporting cast in the past. It's true there are a lot of problems with this current team but Romo seems to overcome them during the regular season. Last night Romo just looked tight. He choked. From the minute of that first interception, I knew it was going to be one of those days.
  11. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I see people also want to ignore the game was 7-7 at the half because of how good the defense played

In previous do or die games the score at the half was

21-0 Giants

27-3 Eagles

So Romo is 75% of the blame for this loss
  12. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,104 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    lol yes he is to blame for last night, I admitted that!!! Going forward, he still needs an improved supporting cast around him that involves the offensive line & defense. What do you not get?? We win that game, everything would have been great around here for a week, but we would have been with a 10% Ware, without Dez/Miles/Spencer/Harris/Beasley... Our receivers for next week would've been Kevin Ogletree/Andre Holmes/Tim Benford/Anthony Armstrong.. Victor Butler/Alex Albright/Wilber as your starting OLB's.... Does that excuse Romo for choking? Of course not, but this team had no shot at beating a hot Seahawks squad with the injuries that piled up last night.
  13. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,603 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I don't get why people are confused. Pressure right up the middle and in your face 80% of the snaps will cause the best QBs to be inaccurate. It messes up timing, and they can't look down field. He had guys in his face up the middle on every drive. Not blaming or excusing, but that is a recipe for disaster.
  14. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,878 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    And no O line or running game to remove the pressure from our stars.
    Not a good recipe.
  15. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,437 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Don't agree. His first 2 turnovers resulted in ZERO points for the Skins. Romo got us back within 3 & with pressure in his face, he threw the ball to where he hoped could bail us out. Skins made a great play & picked off the ball. Had a BS call on Hatcher not happen, we hold them to a FG attempt ( which wasn't a GIVEN, since they missed one earlier ) & would have gave Romo another shot to pull out the win. "Bottom Line", Romo was doing his best to CARRY a broken down team for MONTHS. Hell, by the end of the game, he's working with the 3rd, 4th & 5th string WRs & an barely walking #1. While the saying goes, "Injuries aren't an excuse". they are a REASON why a team would fall apart in a game like this. The fact that we even got as far as we did was a MIRACLE in itself & Romo was mostly behind that MIRACLE.
  16. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Do you realize how big of an advantage it is for the D when you run the play clock down to 1 on so many plays. The can get a great jump, which makes the OL's job harder. Romo needs to learn to take a snap with several seconds on the clock, and a few quick snaps thrown in.

Our OL needs to sway as much to their favor as possible, and Romo's slow acting butt ain't helping.