1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I knows it's like beating a dead horse but.. I like Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Jwoo52, Sep 3, 2013.

?

Who do you feel is the best QB in Dallas History

Tony Romo 10 vote(s) 20.4%
Danny White 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Roger Stabach 26 vote(s) 53.1%
Troy Aikman 11 vote(s) 22.4%
Quincy Carter (I bet someone liked this guy) 2 vote(s) 4.1%
Dandy Don Meredith 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,575 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I voted for Romo.
  2. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,156 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    Way to take an obvious joke seriously.
  3. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,593 Messages
    771 Likes Received
    Troy is being humble here... he's a classy guy.

That said, one thing I always noted was that Troy never did squat when not surrounded by a pre-salary cap dream team. In '96, '98, and 2000 we had decent, but flawed playoff teams (records from 10-6 to 8-8) that were basically the kinda teams that Romo is being crucified for not taking to the Super Bowl (like Eli and Rodgers supposedly did). You would think if we had a HOF QB that Jerry would be basically thinking we just have to make the playoffs and our elite QB will take us to the Bowl or at least make us dangerous.

Except Troy sucked horribly in all 3 playoffs, to the tune of 2 TDs and 8 INTs. Troy also sucked on the road for his playoff career.

I don't hold this against Troy, since I don't believe in elite QBs and the BSPN QB worshiping that goes on in today's game.

Roger is the best Cowboys QB because he was statistically and functionally excellent, ahead of his time as a playmaking QB, and a great teammate. Him having 5 or 0 rings wouldn't change his spot.
    Nav22 likes this.
  4. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,972 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Romo is too good for this organization. He's never been paired with a good coach, rarely ever had a legitimate offensive line to protect him and has rarely ever had a consistent running game. The fact that he has had as much success as he has is unbelievable.
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,375 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    No player in Cowboys history impacted the organization like Roger Staubach. He's the main reason the Cowboys became so popular. He was Captain America a lot of Cowboy fans became fans because of him. He was a true football hero. This pass to Tony Hill vs Philly was one of Staubach's most beautiful throws it was perfectly thrown.

Jwoo52 and mrmojo like this.
  6. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    1,186 Likes Received
    Staubach is the reason I became a Cowboys fan way back when...I lived in Syracuse NY and was a Bills fan (OJ Simpson)...then Roger had a great come-from-behind win...the rest for me, as they say, was history
    Jwoo52 likes this.
  7. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,404 Messages
    830 Likes Received
    I know Craig Morton is.
  8. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,758 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I voted Quincy, he was my favorite.
    Jwoo52 likes this.
  9. KJJ

10,375 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    Favorite what all-time Cowboys worst QB?
  10. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,048 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    I voted for Jolly Roger. I doubt if Tony could do anything to knock him off the top spot, but I hope he'll try.
  11. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,758 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    No, favorite Cowboys QB, I'm relatively young and missed out in most of the greats. I also have a warm spot in my heart for Richie Anderson and Terry Glenn
  12. KJJ

10,375 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    Loved you in Animal House by the way.
    FiveRings likes this.
  13. mrmojo

mrmojo Active Member

747 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    Im sorry....hopefully you'll have some glory years to look back on, there is no better feeling than the Boy's winning championship's.