1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I met Jason Garrett in Austin yesterday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Nov 17, 2013.

1. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,904 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received

This is very true. also, what I think is bad, as I seen it, as I owned a bar. Someone would pick up some one else's tab. So that person assumes the person picking up the tab, will also take care of the tip. Even if they do, that person still should tip the bartender / wait staff. Especially if the person paying the tab doesn't give the extra tip, only for their own. But almost all the time, they don't.
  2. Carolina Cowboy

Carolina Cowboy Well-Known Member

716 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    Too bad you didn't run into him today, you could have asked him how we lost during the Bye week...
  3. Poobah

Poobah New Member

2 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'll say the same thing, except I do mean it as an insult. I live in Austin and heard Garrett was in town yesterday so I googled and got linked here. I've read through threads on this board here and there over the years and this is exactly the kind of crap I expect to see. Plenty of good posters but lots of idiots who feel like they have to bow up over the most trivial BS. What a joke.
    Bleu Star and WV Cowboy like this.
  4. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,920 Messages
    2,119 Likes Received
    So you joined here after all these years just to post about this "kind of crap?"
    AmberBeer likes this.
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,150 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    Probably because it hit home as personal to him since he lives in Austin, and this thread is about JG being in Austin.
  6. WPBCowboysFan

5,920 Messages
    2,119 Likes Received
    Could be. Or could be something else.

Seems to be a rather trivial topic to finally make a decision to join a board that he's been reading for years. Just reading the tea leaves.
  7. Poobah

Poobah New Member

2 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Nope, joined years ago just never post. Barely even read here, honestly. Just came across this thread and it seemed like a pretty good representation of what to expect from this board. Someone else pointed that out in the thread already, I'm just agreeing with them.
    Bleu Star likes this.
  8. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,881 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    Welcome. Post more often.

9. rpntex

rpntex Active Member

276 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    I just find it hard to believe that someone of his notoriety can be at a public place like 3rd Base on 6th (only Austin location) and not be recognized by a significant number of patrons. Especially when you consider the layout of the place. I may not have seen him, but someone would have recognized him and it would have caused somewhat of a commotion. I've been in that place far too many times and seen it happen when a notable person comes in. Earl Campbell and Drew Pearson have both (on separate occasions) been there at the same time I was, and the place was abuzz about it.

It's not hard to fathom that I may have missed him. It's practically impossible to fathom that EVERYONE missed him.
  10. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,052 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Lots of idiots.
  11. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,489 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    Why would you say most folks? I tell you what - go to a restaurant, any restaurant, and tell them you've left your credit card there. Now, do they look at you with bewilderment, or do they ask for the name? You know why? Because it is fairly COMMON.

Glad you don't forget though, it must be nice to be perfect AND odor free...
  12. AmberBeer

3,052 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Get over yourself dude. I don't forget my credit card because it's my CREDIT CARD. Most people don't either. Sucks to be you I guess.
  13. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,489 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    A quick ask around the room I am in has yielded everyone's hand asking if they'd ever left behind or totally lost a credit card. Now, I would not be so brazen as to think my experience translates to the majority of the population, as you have done. You have simply no idea, because...

[IMG]
    Bleu Star likes this.
  14. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    I wish Zordon told us he saw Jason Garrett's car going off a cliff in a ball of flames, with him in it yelling, "I'm the worst Coach ever and can't even take how much I suck any longer..." While Callahan is hanging onto the trunk... Not really, but you get the point...
    Zman5, JonJon, Zordon and 1 other person like this.
  15. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,431 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I can confirm this is true. I was at a Century 21 office early Sat, and there he was, looking at home listings in the greater Austin area.

Obviously, he's getting a jump on the 3-part process for where he'll be coaching next year.
    khiladi, JonJon, Zordon and 2 others like this.
  16. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    Well, at least Jason Garrett knows about Cowboyzone...that's a plus.
    khiladi and Bleu Star like this.
  17. AmberBeer

3,052 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    I got some prime land in Florida for sale.
  18. WPBCowboysFan

5,920 Messages
    2,119 Likes Received
    Maybe he's starting to believe the Landry comparisons and wants a place in Austin just like Coach Landry.

Or maybe he knows Saban is going to Texas and when Jerry fires him he can join Saban at UT as part of the staff.
    khiladi likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,116 Messages
    1,969 Likes Received
    Post of the thread.
    khiladi likes this.
  20. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

750 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    You guys are going pretty far to try and disprove a story that really has no significance to begin with.. He said he met the guy and said hi lol

Anyways, the girl who works on "The Break" show on Dallascowboys.com did say today that Garrett was in Austin this past weekend.. Who knows though perhaps the girl on Cowboys Break and Zordon are all in this together to convince us that this historical gathering did take place.. I guess we will never know.
    khiladi, JonJon, Bleu Star and 3 others like this.