1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I really enjoy Troy Aikman's commentary

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Nov 13, 2012.

1. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

701 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Love troy and I love buck

Together they're gonna be as good as madden/summerall
  2. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,203 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Aikman is one of the best in the business.
  3. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,518 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Count me amongst those that would like less analysis than these two feel compelled to offer. Buck needs to be reminded that he's there for PBP, not color.

Buck to me also seems to delight in perpetuating the current media driven criticism du jour when the opportunity presents itself.
  4. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    He's probably the most overrated human being of my lifetime.
  5. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,526 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    I don't think he's a Cowboys hater like some seem to think he is. I just think he's as boring as watching paint dry. He talks in monotone and has zero emotion.
  6. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,714 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    Yep....
  7. lane

lane The Chairman

10,390 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    i think billick is great.

albert ,moose and goose...probably my favorite announcers.

john lynch is great as well.

troy is good aside from his desire to not sound as a cowboys fan....but you can hear his voice change when we make a big play...the love is still there.

i don't like buck.
  8. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

335 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Yep, Troy makes me use the mute button.......TV announcers really aren't needed as long as the referee turns on his mike to expian the penalties....
  9. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Billick is underrated and the best color guy, imo.

Al Michaels has been my favorite PBP announcer for a long time.
  10. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Your lifetime is overrated
  11. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,535 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    exactly
  12. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,391 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Huh? Troy is perhaps the most respected, beloved Cowboy ever. Discarded? if you mean he got tossed quickly into the hall of fame and into the deepest, most treasured place in Cowboy fan's hearts forever...then...YUP!

You sound sooooo bitter...
  13. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,391 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Troy is simply the most knowledgeable and insightful color guy in the game. It's little wonder the #1 network gives him the #1 job.
  14. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Moose doesn't hide his Cowboys love!
  15. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,674 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Moose is better
  16. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,124 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    Troy is ok, but I do agree that he has a tendency to overcompensate in the "unbiase" department when he is doing Cowboys games.

Oh, and if Troy says he really likes a rookie player? Duck! Remember David Alan LaFleur and Chad Hutchinson? Just to name two.
  17. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,273 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Better at talking more maybe.
  18. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,674 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Better at not sounding whiny like the Aikman and Buck duo
  19. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,526 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    anybody who calls Aikman 'overrated' - never had the PLEASURE of seeing Troy drive the ball to a receiver on an intermediate sideline route.

If the receiver didn't get their hands up in time... the ball HAD to have left about a 2 to 3 inch-deep dent in their body.

That boy could fire some lasers. ... just sayin'. ;)
  20. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,043 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    The late 80's, early 90's may not be the toughest era in NFL history. That's arguable. But what is not arguable is that era could have been the absolutel best.

This era may have had the most dominant players at their positions EVER. Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Lawrence Taylor, John Elway, Barry Sanders, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Anthony Munoz, Larry Allen, Bruce Matthews, Dan Marino, Ronnie Lott, Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, Walter Payton, Jerome Brown, Junior Seau, etc.

And it was deep in greatness, the list of guys just a tick below is endless: Brett Favre, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, Mike Irvin, Steve Largent, Sterling Sharpe, Tim Brown, Andre Reed, Art Monk, Henry Ellard, Chris Carter, Steve Atwater, Derrick Thomas, Andre Tippett, Kevin Greene, Greg Lloyd, Rickey Jackson, Charles Haley, Mike Singletary, Harry Carson, Pat Swilling, Tim Harris, Karl Mecklenberg, Chris Spielman, Hardy Nickerson, Cornelius Bennett, Wilbur Marshall, John Offerdahl, Sam Mills, Joey Browner, Dennis Smith, Deron Cherry, Darren Woodson, Carnell Lake, LeRoy Butler, Tim McDonald, Leslie O'Neal, Neil Smith, John Randle, Howie Long, Chris Doleman, Cortez Kennedy, Richard Dent ....

And that is just the tip of the iceberg. I just went thru the a couple of positions and I am sure I missed a bunch with that.