1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I sense a change is coming...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 5Stars, Feb 17, 2013.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,423 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received
    I am not some pump shine kind of person, but after listening to all the new coaches, I'm getting a different sense about this team going forward.

It's like listening to the coaches become a team. The personalities of all of them...some of you saw them.

And, all of them mentioned the head coach.

Something is coming up for us fans.
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,885 Messages
    1,639 Likes Received
    :lmao2:Okay, sorry, that just made me laugh out loud.
  3. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,423 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received
    That's cool...
  4. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,548 Messages
    637 Likes Received
    my heart tells me i hope you're right, my head tells me nothing will change until the GM changes
  5. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,844 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    I've fallen for the same song and dance for the past 16 years.

Not falling for it again.
  6. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    It's probably not shine that he is pumping.

:laugh2:

Still a good rival.
  7. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,103 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Nothing you can do about it....Just roll with it....
  8. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,194 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    I have the same feeling.

We are on the cusp. Even with the MASH unit we had on defense last season, the abysmal running game, and Dez not turning it on until the 2nd half of the season, we were still in it until the final game of the season.

Our offensive line will improve. How much it improves is still up in the air, but it will be better. It certainly couldn't get any worse.

We were also tied for last in the NFL in interceptions. Chicago literally had 2x as many takeaways as we did last season. Turnovers are a major determining factor in victories. So what'd we do? We go get the defensive coordinator who has a history of putting a defense on the field that produces turnovers. How many more wins would 40 takeaways have garnered us last season? We certainly would have made the playoffs. I'm not saying we'll immediately go from last to first in takeaways, but even "league average" would be a vast improvement and at the very least 1-2 more wins.

As much as I liked what Rob did with the defense last season, he is no Kiffen or Marinelli. That's a point that can't be disputed by even Rob's biggest fan. We also have young coaches in place that have impressed Kiffen enough to keep their jobs, allowing continuity when Kiffen retires in the future and if Marinelli follows Lovie to another destination. The scheme will stay with promising young future coaches.

Our drafts have also been relatively productive recently. I don't really judge a draft over the first 1-2 years for obvious reasons but we have drafted some immediate contributors and we have some talented, young players in place. I fully expect this trend to continue and believe some players from the last 1-2 drafts, that fans wrote off previously, will surprise this season coming into training camp.

I guess I can be considered an optimist, but I'm confident that we'll be improved across the board, except maybe DE if Spencer walks but I'm confident in Kiffen and Marinelli that the damage from his departure will be minimized. Barring injury to Romo, I have a calm sense of confidence that this team is going to win the division next season and make the playoffs, where anything is possible.

But then again, maybe I'm just a homer.
  9. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Yep.
    Garetts a dead man walking and Lovie is coming in. I sense it too.
  10. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,089 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Don't drink the koolaid. Jerry spiked it.
  11. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,890 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    Well hopefully the sense you have about the team going forward is better than the sense you had about Larry Allen being a first ballot Hall of Famer.
  12. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,996 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    To the OP and some of the posters in this thread, I say bless your heart, I hope you are right.

Some may call you homers, .. that's ok, .. I used to be a homer myself. I guess there are still parts of me that is still a homer in some ways.

But I have seen what has been going on for too long and now I am to the point, to the Dallas Cowboys I say, ... "show me".

Show me on the field that something has changed.

Yes, we have made some changes, but we still have the same GM, the same Head Coach, and the same QB.

So until they show me on the field that things have changed, I will be optimistic as always, .. but I will be cautiously optimistic.

Hoping that the OP is on to something.
  13. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Done with the pump shining, gonna wait till the season starts before I can judge where this team is going..
  14. KJJ

10,890 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    I don't buy into anything that's done or said until I start seeing results on the field.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,940 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    That dude lives in the negative...I mean absords it and soaks it in like sunshine.
    He hates the light and degrades (attemepts to degrade) anyone who dares go that way.
    Miserable

Having said that, you can understand anyone for being a skeptic. Plenty of ammo for sure.
    It's just that one is too predictable.
  16. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,675 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Each and every interview was awesome, JG is putting this thing together just right. And yes, I said JG is putting this together. Each and every coach have a definate connection with him and refer to him directly and that's exactly how its suppose to be. He has this team on the right track and headed in the right direction.
  17. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    You could have the greatest coaches and players available to you but as long as you have a GM & Head Coach that don't know how to use them to win, then it's a losing cause. Bad GM/Head Coach vs. good to great coaches/players=at best mediocre season. Does that sound familiar????
  18. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Lovie would last all over a season or less. I live in Illinois and am telling you the guy has serious serious ego problems. It's reported like common knowledge that a lot of coaches do not want to work for him. I would want nothing to do with Lovie.
  19. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    does that go for negative opinions as well?....or just the positive ones?
  20. KJJ

10,890 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    If Lovie has an ego problem Jerry would be the last guy he would want to work for. He and Jerry would clash within 10 minutes of meeting each other.