1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I sense a change is coming...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 5Stars, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Angus12

Angus12 Active Member

146 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Hardly.

You're clearly implying the failures of those players should align with Garrett, since he was the original topic that caused you to bring them up. Or why would you give them as an example when answering to something regarding Garrett and an interview?

You are adept at hiding your passive agressive digs at things, whether they're directed at a player, coach, or poster on this board. Not hard to see. Your history of doing such is out there for anybody to see. And probably a reason why you are able to post for awhile. Then not. Then post. Then not....
  2. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Because those two players gave notoriously excellent and entertaining interviews. Cricket's were more entertaining, Vickers were more inspiring. Neither one played a lick better because they gave sweet interviews or sound bites, just like the "toeing the company line" interviews from our new coaching hires aren't indicative of anything, either.

When new coaches come in you get the same song and dance every time. The new defensive coordinator will talk all about how "aggressive" and "attacking" his defense is going to be. The new OC will talk about how he wants to set the tempo. All of it is meaningless. And at this point with our track record, you'd think people would wise up to it rather than getting excited as we change offensive line coaches like changing underwear.

Hope that helps clear it up for you, since you were pretty clearly lost before.
  3. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    I have no problem with fans taking a wait and see approach with this team. None whatsoever.
  4. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,171 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    Sports talk radio. That bastion of truth.
  5. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rookie of the year 2012, biggest farce ever.
  6. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Wrong Jones.
  7. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,701 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    No doubt!!!
  8. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,034 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received
    Yep.

Possibly.
  9. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I would think its true when its more then one person saying the samething.
  10. Matt

Matt Member

673 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Every year same thing, same feelings, same quotes with "this is our year"
  11. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Maybe its just me but I'm not real comfortable with voting to determine what is truth and what isn't.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,673 Messages
    9,901 Likes Received
    They think a change is comin'......it's right around the bend.....but we aint seen a title since, I don't know when.....we're stuck in Jerry's prison....and he keeps hanging on....but his name they'll be chanting....at camp in San Antone....
  13. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,430 Messages
    2,286 Likes Received
    Brilliant!
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,443 Messages
    6,001 Likes Received
    I guarantee you this exact same thread was made on here the last five Februaries. There will be a similar thread in March after the draft and another one after it's being reported that there is full participation in the offseason workouts and several more when the machine starts pumping all the sunshine out of Oxnard. Unfortunately the story also always ends the same, with us crying in January.

I seriously have no idea how you guys can continually fall for this stuff every year. It's really remarkable.
  15. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,709 Messages
    1,930 Likes Received
    You will win that bet. If I would stop being lazy/busy, I would go through the archive and dig up these same threads for the last 7 years.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,931 Messages
    7,685 Likes Received
    You can't guarantee it, and yet you believe it's true. This is why you find it remarkable that people don't agree with you.
  17. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I have the same optimism for the defense that I did last year. I think they are going to be an exciting bunch with a crafty coach. I foresee that the running game will be ignored again and paying for it.
  18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,443 Messages
    6,001 Likes Received
    I believe it's true b/c I know it's true. Every year we hear about how it's going to be different b/c of interviews, press conferences, tweets, practice reports, RKG....everything but substance.

How can anyone say change is coming when we don't even know what the personnel is going to look like next season?
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,673 Messages
    9,901 Likes Received
    I'll hold all predictions until after the personnel moves take place.

But with the state of the roster, our cap situation, 6 draft picks, and the track record of our decision makers, I'd be really surprised if I had us pegged to be a real contender next year.
  20. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

590 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Same here. We have to hit a home run with our personnel moves otherwise I have a hard time seeing Dallas reach even 8 wins next season.