1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I sense a change is coming...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 5Stars, Feb 17, 2013.

1. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I guess so. Lovie is an ego maniac. It's why he had trouble with every single offensive coordinator he's had.
  2. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,799 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    You sound like a typical Skins fan this time of the year.
  3. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Naw, more like corny..
  4. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,798 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    Go get it fellas.

[IMG]
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,819 Messages
    5,348 Likes Received
    I wouldn't say that. I meant contender to win a title. Add some OL talent and stay healthy on defense and we should at least be in the mix late in the year for a playoff berth.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,923 Messages
    3,869 Likes Received
    I didn't say change was coming. I think we're getting more of the same that we've had the last two seasons.

But it's not true that people are saying 'change is coming' after each of the last five seasons. You may be right that they've been hopeful after Garrett was promoted, but then they should be.

Overall, for an 8-8 team, there's a lot more bellyaching than there is positivity around here lately.
  7. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    We were in the mix late in the year for a playoff birth even with all the injuries. I really believe were close. Staying somewhat healthy on D will go a long way IMO.
  8. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,467 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Almost every NFL team that isn't already a contender could make the case that with a couple of good acquisitions and staying healthy in 2013, they could challenge for a playoff spot.
  9. Idgit

27,923 Messages
    3,869 Likes Received
    We challenged for one last year, with all the injuries.

RS is prone to understatement, but, given this team's recent history, it's understandable.
  10. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,377 Messages
    504 Likes Received
    I share your optomitrism.
    Ever year I get pumped up for something good.
    This kind of thinking can be inspiring.

Let's celebrate our strength and power and good talents of all the Cowboys mens!
  11. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,377 Messages
    504 Likes Received
    So we certainly can make a case!
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,961 Messages
    1,549 Likes Received
    All I can say is I'm a hardcore fan and still get excited about the prospect of the season and excitement of bringing in new members of the coaching staff. No one forces me to be a fan I am because of the passion for the game and of this franchise. I have said for years I'm hardcore win or lose but always a Cowboys fan.

I don't go into any season expecting failure. When I played sports I was always optimistic about our team’s chance and as a fan I'm optimistic about this franchise and getting back to the top. I have yet to become as jaded as many others seem to have become
  13. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,508 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    In 2006 we were in the playoffs @ 9-7, then 13-3 and the playoffs in 2007. We slipped a bit in 2008, but were back to 11-5 and a return to the playoffs in 2009.

I felt at that point that we were really on the edge of returning to glory.

And then in 2010, the 1-7 start and firing of WP. It has been one agonizing letdown after another since then.

I would not say I am jaded, but 6-10, 8-8 and 8-8 do not have me bubbling over with confidence either.

I need to see it on the field. Show me something. I will know it when I see it.

A process is good and all, I believe in a process. But sooner or later, that process has to translate into results.

I would say that if the process does not show results in 2013, .. the process is flawed.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,961 Messages
    1,549 Likes Received
    I want to win just as bad but does not change my views on this team or the hope I have for them. I'm a Cowboys fan win or lose.

I believe in this team and this organization I'm a fan, not a media writer or some fricken critic. I think constructive criticism is healthy I think the personal attack on the team by so called fans is ridicules but if it makes them feel more empowered to do so then that is them.

What others do or how others feel is their own business makes me no difference.

I don't have to be a fan that again is a choice I make no one makes it for me and the day I don't enjoy it is the day I will not bother watching it. I sure as hell will not use every thread to bash the team. (Not saying you do)
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,819 Messages
    5,348 Likes Received
    I realize that. But he said unless we hit a home run in the offseason he thinks we'll have a hard time winning 8 games next year. I think that's a little extreme.
  16. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,467 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Lots of teams were at, above, or close to .500. Over 1/3rd of the teams make the playoffs, and half the league had a chance to make it with a couple of weeks left.

All the injuries? Nonsense. Every team has injuries. Most of the Cowboys best players were on the field in week 17. It's foolish to act like the injuries the Cowboys did suffer were out of the realm of the ordinary in the NFL, especially when some of the guys who were hurt are injury-prone players with a long history of getting hurt.

Nevermind that the offense hardly sustained any signficant injuries after the beginning of the season. You build a defense around injury prone and aging players, it isn't bad luck when they get hurt, it's what you bargained for.
  17. Idgit

27,923 Messages
    3,869 Likes Received
    It sounds like you're arguing with me here, but I'm agreeing with you, so...I'm confused.
  18. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    No more shining pump for me either, WV.
  19. Falcon554

Falcon554 Well-Known Member

1,077 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    Cant have faith anymore, as TwoDeep said SHOW ME!
  20. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,447 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Fool me once.....shame on you
    Fool me twice....shame on me
    Fool me thrice......shame on me
    Fool me four times.......shame on me
    Fool me five times.......shame on me
    Fool me six times .........shame on me
    Fool me 16 times............I am the biggest fool around