1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I think Dallas will trade down in the 2nd round

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheSport78, Apr 19, 2012.

1. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Orson Charles is a serious target of theirs, but the early 2nd round seems to be too soon for him. He would be the Bennett replacement, who would eventually take over for Witten.

Unless someone high on their board starts to fall to them (Konz, Zeitler, etc), this is the round we'll trade down and try to pick up an extra 3rd round pick or so.

Orson Charles would be the late 2nd rounder, and a CB like Casey Hayward (although I like Jamell Fleming) and a WR like Ryan Broyles could be prime 3rd round targets.
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,486 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    Disagree completely. Moving up in rd 2, maybe even as high as late 1..
  3. TheSport78

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Moving up into the 1st would cost our 2nd, 3rd and possibly a 5th. Not worth it for Konz IMO. I'd rather stay put and get Blake in the 4th.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,036 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
    If we move back into the 1st round I hope it's for Fleener, Glenn, or a falling OLB like Branch, and not Konz.

Im just not a huge Konz fan with his medical condition and his lack of upper body strength.

Imo Zeitler > Konz
  5. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    because there are usually several 1st Round Prospects that slide into the 2nd Round and Dallas is sitting in a good spot to land one of the sliders which in retrospect gives them two #1 picks this year (why run away from this by trading down; makes no sense)
  6. GloryDaysRBack

9,486 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    Definitely not giving up all that for Konz

Somebody is going to fall to the late 20s that we have a mid 1st rd grade on..

Guessing a DE/S/ or OLB

We are taking Deacastro at 14 and moving him to center
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,264 Messages
    538 Likes Received

Can he play center. I thought I heard at Luck's pro-day, that he was playing center for Luck's snaps, but did not look good.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,036 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
    I think Decastro is our 4th option.

Cox, Barron, Trade Down, Decastro if we're stuck.
  9. TheSport78

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I can't see Fleener coming here. We need an all-around tight end who can block and that's Orson Charles. The guy may have been a 1st round pick if he didn't get the DUI.

This is such a weak OLB/pass rushing class. I'd rather mainly focus on improving the secondary this year. No OLB is going to be better than Spencer this year IMO.
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,036 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
    Orson looks like a dime a dozen type of guy to me. Not impressed.

Fleener is a boss. Maybe not the best blocker in the world but at his size im sure he can develop it a little better.
  11. GloryDaysRBack

9,486 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    Disagree. Cox over Drcastro, sure...but he will be gone. Decastro at C is option 2..Barron 3..then move down
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,036 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received

Hmmmm... Any reason you believe this?
  13. TheSport78

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    He actually reminds me of what Bennett was SUPPOSED to be back in 2008. If he improves his route running, he could become an awesome player. JMO
  14. GloryDaysRBack

9,486 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    Just a gut feeling...I forgot to put Brockers in there.. Not sure if he's before or after trade down..if I had to guess id say before..

I don't think Garrett likes trading down..he was the reason we didn't move down last year..I think he will be the reason why we don't move down again this year
  15. GloryDaysRBack

9,486 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be shocked if Brockers was an option before Barron.. Not saying I think he is..I'm saying it's close and I'm not sure..
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,036 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
    See I think trade down is the 3rd option because I feel like Dallas desperately wants to go defense 1st.

I think they would rather take Cox, Barron, then trade down for Brockers / Hightower, than take Decastro.

I just think there is too much value at interior OL to take Decastro 1st.

If you want a good defender you'll have to take them early.
  17. GloryDaysRBack

9,486 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    I would agree completely and have actually been in that camp all offseason.. However, I now think the plan is to play DD at center.. The center position isn't nearly as deep as the guard class..our biggest need is C.. That's why I think DeCastro is our top realistic option.. Plus, C is viewed as a more premium position than G...

Just a hunch...nothing more
  18. TheSport78

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I really think Barron will be the selection. He would bring the most impact right away.

Brockers- a project who doesn't offer much of a pass rush

Cox- never played the 5 tech and is better suited as a DT IMO

DeCastro- Jerry and co. already gave it away that #14 will be a defensive selection

Barron- a versatile, playmaking safety who will be our signal caller on D. We need more mentally tough players and he fits the bill
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,036 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received

Yeah but this guy has never played a lick of center.

Of course he looks like he could easily do it if he can snap the ball.
  20. GloryDaysRBack

9,486 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    Not buying anything anybody is saying this time of year, especially not Jerry..

DeCastro will be the pick, unless he's gone