1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I think Romo is going to retire

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by gimmesix, Nov 23, 2012.

1. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    I'm not sure it will happen after this season, but I believe Romo will at the most play out his contract and call it quits.

That's my prediction based on him tabling contract talks ... and no longer looking like he's enjoying the game.

I don't think Romo is a player who needs the game, like some do. He can walk away content with spending time with his wife and child and working on his golf game. Especially considering the offensive line play that's getting him beat up and the way fans and media treat him.
  2. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    if he even stays healthy that long.
  3. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,473 Messages
    939 Likes Received
    Agree 100%. It is extremely rare for a QB to continue to play after having children.
  4. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    He looks demoralized by having to carry these clowns on his back.
  5. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,589 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    He's very blessed in his personal life. Too bad it just didnt work out the same way professionally.
  6. gimmesix

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    I'm sure that's tongue-in-cheek ... and it's not the reason I believe it's going to happen.

I do believe, if it happens, that he will see what he can accomplish playing golf.
  7. gimmesix

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Well, he's definitely been blessed by his profession in some ways, but luck certainly hasn't shined on him much in his time as Cowboys quarterback.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    He's blessed personally, and professionally. I don't think he retires when he's still capable of potentially winning a championship, but I wouldn't blame him if he did. I wouldn't want to play in Dallas under these circumstances. Our fans are just awful, and the local media is worse.
  9. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,833 Messages
    850 Likes Received
    I hope not. But I think he might want to test out free agency. The organization in Dallas is in disarray. Jerry and Garrett are the main reasons why he might want to jump ship.
  10. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    [youtube]4AnTe663mrY[/youtube]
  11. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,838 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    Don't worry, after this disaster of a season I believe JJ will finally address the OL and get that zip back in Romo's step.
  12. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,156 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be surprised either. I really like the guy and truly believe he has HOF potential. I know I'd get sick of the poor play, management, coaching, excessive scrutiny from the media because of the team he plays on, over exaggerated blame by them and many people in general, outright lies and false myth creation as if it was truth, and dumb fans too.
  13. Passepartout

Passepartout Member

313 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Yeah as it looks like he is getting so roughed up. And wear and tear on his body. And as someone said, he is not having much fun as he used to have back then. Now that he is a family man.
  14. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,589 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    I do think before he calls it quits, hes going to see if there is a team that has an Oline, a running game, defense, coach etc who wants him.

If not, then golf time, baby time, wife time etc.
  15. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,844 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    I think some of you are underestimating Tony's competitive nature.
  16. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I think he might play out his contract with the boys, or tell the team he has no desire to resign. He will then put his services up for bid or force the team to try and trade him for value. If he finds a deal worth him playing another 3 years he will sign, if not, he will ride off into the sunset. Wouldn't blame him a bit.
  17. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You gotta be kidding man. Romo has one more year left on his deal so you expect him to retire in a season? Stop it. Not sure what having a kid and a wife has to do with it. Several players have that and don't retire early. The media is annoying, but that clearly doesn't phase him one bit. He understands that being the quarterback of the most polarizing team in sports comes with alot of scrutiny.

Romo is still playing at a very high level. On top of that he has yet a Super Bowl. I can't see him retiring when he still has alot left in the tank he has yet to accomplish his main goal of winning a Super Bowl in Dallas. Yeah I know the offensive line, but the Cowboys front office improved the weak link of the 2011 team in the defense. Now this season the weak link is clearly the offensive line. They're clearly willing to spend money and/or draft high. The front office will definitely look to improve the offensive line. At the end of the day I don't see any reason for Tony to walk away from the game he loves. No chance Romo retires when his contract is up. The only reason Tony has tabeled contract talks is because we're in football season and clearly he wants to focus on that and trying to win his first Super Bowl. There's no doubt in my mind he'll be inked to a long term deal regardless of how the season ends.
  18. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Whether or not that comes to fruition, I feel like the Cowboys REALLY need to start thinking about the next quarterback SOON. It would suck to be stuck in another period we all experienced after Aikman left, well maybe not Cowboys&Lakers Fan. :D
  19. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,337 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    It would not surprise me. He's not having fun anymore. He use to pat the refs on the back, mock their calls, and simply enjoy playing the game. He's not doing that anymore. I overheard the ticket ( or maybe the fan, forgot) and they said that Romo will either resign this year or they'll deal him.
  20. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

I said weeks ago that its either Jason or Tony at the end of the season. I dont think they see eye to eye any more, we've seen Tony openly questioning and screaming at things Jason has called, he also looks terrible like others have said.

Personally, I keep the guy thats accomplished things in the NFL, and get him a coach with accomplishments too.