1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I think Seattle has a great shot at 2, then 3 straight

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,890 Messages
    7,633 Likes Received
    The same applies to winning divisions. But only in Dallas.
  2. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    except that they won't fall in love with a demarcus ware type player, they will move on and find a diamond in the rough, a value player or two, and use the draft to reinvigorate the team.
  3. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

957 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    I don't think Seattle makes the playoffs next season. 9ers, Cards and Rams are tough. Cards best Seattle in Seattle last season. Bucs was taking it to them and took overtime to win. I think while they are very good its blown up because of the beat down in the superbowl. Many games Seattle was close to losing and not getting number 1 seed.

Point: Seattle falls short of playoffs next season
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,656 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
  5. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

1,058 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    They'll be back in the playoffs. It's tough to say whether as the division winner or a wild card. San Francisco is very tough. But I believe they'll be in and have a reasonable shot at a repeat.
  6. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

712 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    If hawks defense stays this dominant absolutley ! I dont see R Wilson and company winning big with a less than dominant defense to support them.
  7. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,434 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Seattle could for sure repeat. I could see them winning 2 more superbowls in the next 5 years. Seattle, no, sf, Carolina, gb 1 of these 5 will be the nfc team in the superbowl the next 5 years or more.
  8. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Won't be an issue for them with Carroll. You show signs of complacency, you're gone.
  9. bysbox1

bysbox1 Well-Known Member

1,197 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    You are assuming they manage the cap the same way the Jones clan does here in Dallas. I would not assume that.

Plus Seattle has a great scouting department. There's nothing to say that those players nearing and entering free agency don't leave and they find great replacements for them, because they draft and manage their front office way better than we do.

Now I'm not saying they will win 2 or 3 Super Bowls in a row, but their management structure gives them a great chance. The same way that the front offices of Denver, New England, San Francisco, New Orleans, etc. give them great second and third chances in the playoffs by bringing in great players, drafting well, and keeping their cap in check.

With the Jones clan in place, we stand little chance to be that efficient.
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,586 Messages
    9,765 Likes Received
    That sounds good but it's pretty hollow. You can't replace a team of content players.
  11. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,163 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    I will take that bet.
    Then I will raise you division winner.
  12. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,666 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    They certainly could repeat and contend for many years but many things seem to happen to keep teams from doing it. A couple of years ago, GB looked so dominant that I thought they might win 3 or 4 in a row and they haven't even come close to getting back. I love the way Seattle plays and the way the front office goes about putting a team together but it is 10 times easier to do what they have done than it is to keep doing it. Their QB is going to want $120 million and every single player on that defense is going to want $40-60 million too. They cannot keep this team together for very long and even if they keep a lot of it, the depth will non existent and injuries will start to hurt much more. We will then see if they can continue to draft better than everyone or if they got a little lucky and just hit on a higher % than typical a couple of years in a row which is not sustainable, especially when other teams start copying what you are doing and those types of players are no longer available in the late rounds.
  13. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Or a coaching staff, .. or even a head coach.

Complacency does not knock on the front door and announce itself, waiting to be let in.

It can creep in little by little without those being affected even noticing.

Interviews, endorsements, commercials, appearances, .. all things Super Bowl winners just do.

Nobody sets out to make the year following a championship different, .. it just is.

Not that it can't be overcome, but it is different and more difficult.
    Irvin88_4life and Risen Star like this.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,586 Messages
    9,765 Likes Received
    Great post.

Seattle proved they were the best team this year but were they that much better than the 49ers? Could just a little bit of complacency make all the difference the next time they play in the postseason? Could easily happen.
  15. Irvin88_4life

957 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Your on buddy. HAND SHAKE
  16. REDVOLUTION

25,163 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    First part or both?
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,504 Messages
    2,380 Likes Received
    I would bet very large $$$ that they don't get three in a row.
    I know, really going out on a limb. :)
  18. REDVOLUTION

25,163 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    Understood.
    Chances are obviously against them. I just like that they are in position to possibly give it a go.
    booker likes this.
  19. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,326 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    people always think the defending Super Bowl champions will repeat. Yet it hasn't happened since the 2004 Patriots.
  20. Irvin88_4life

957 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    I said Seattle won't win back to back, if you want to add division champs I will agree to that bet. You decide money, Jersey etc. and let me know what you want to do