1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I think this game will show if things are changing for this team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Plumfool, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Plumfool

Plumfool Active Member

773 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    In recent years games with this much on the line, Dallas would fold at the opening kickoff. No spirit no fight nothing. If this team comes out ready to play despite its abundance of concerns, then there should be little doubt that at least the coaching culture has changed dramatically and that the direction for this team is on the upswing.
  2. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

too many injuries on D'....this game won't be that close: we are simply undermanned IMO:banghead:
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,455 Messages
    3,764 Likes Received
    Then again many fans threw in the towel vs Cinn and Pitt only to be wrong.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,512 Messages
    9,672 Likes Received
    I don't. I think this is the same team I've seen over recent years, whether they win this next game or not. They've got the same issues they had three years ago.
  5. Fmart322

Fmart322 Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    I agree. The culture has changed but with the defense so many 2nd and 3rd stringers because of injuries I feel it's going to be too much to overcome. The redskins are healthy and playing good team ball. They have a running game and our injuries on D are to our best run stoppers.

I'm not saying we have no chance but the odds are long in my opinion. If I were a betting man i'd take the skins without thinking twice.
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,246 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Cinn is the only good win to talk about to be honest. Pitt had fallen apart before they even played us. They let a team as pathetic as the Chargers come in their house and completely dominate them. So while it was nice to beat a team that has had discipline over the last 10 years (something our team dreams of), they weren't really a good team if we are being honest with ourselves.

The Cinn game came more down to them beating themselves because of their WR's dropping balls left and right. None the less it was still a great win. We found a way to get it done against them.

Then we let a crappy below .500 NO team come in our house and beat us.

With that said, there are zero reasons our team can't beat the Redskins. Their Oline is just as bad as ours and their defense is just as bad. Romo threw for over 400 yards against them last time. So this will be the game where we see if this team has turned the corner or if they are going to revert back into the same weak minded, weak coached, team that we have been used to over the years. I seriously have my doubts. Heck we already have all the excuses baked in, "Our defense sucks", "our Oline sucks", "our receivers ran the wrong routes", our receivers dropped the balls", etc.
  7. Doomsday101

78,455 Messages
    3,764 Likes Received
    Oh please you wrote them off in those games and now well Pitt was no good. :lmao2:
  8. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    I want to agree with you but I can't. One thing I can see is this team is not quitting at all anymore. They may lack the talent right now but they are fighting with everything they have lately and that is something I haven't seen in forever.
    It may just be a brief aberration, but it's certainly here right now.
  9. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Ok, Pitt is wonderful. You're right.
  10. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,021 Messages
    596 Likes Received
    So the Pittsburgh team we beat sucked...but the Saints team that beat us sucked as well? Do you work for the DFW media?
  11. Doomsday101

78,455 Messages
    3,764 Likes Received
    I did not say they were I said you wrote Dallas off in the game and now that Dallas wins the game well Pitt was nothing anyways. What a fricken joke. :laugh2:
  12. Plumfool

Plumfool Active Member

773 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Didn't say win I said ready to play, and have fight. Past teams in this position against a sound opponent have folded.
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,044 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

:)
  14. Doomsday101

78,455 Messages
    3,764 Likes Received
    Originally Posted by ufcrules1
    Ok, Pitt is wonderful. You're right.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ufcrules1
    24-17 Pitt

Funny isn't it? Spends all week slamming the Cowboys talking trash of how we can't win and then when the Cowboys do well that team was not good anyways. :lmao2:
  15. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,111 Messages
    626 Likes Received
    The culture has changed and they will fight.

Just not sure if they can stop the Skins with the middle of that defense so decimated.
  16. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Wrong. Off the top of my head, they are missing they're best defensive player in Orakpo, another starter on the D-Line Carriker, one of their safties Merriweather, and their playmaking tight end Davis. Both teams have impact players that are injured, no excuses on either side, just go win the game.
  17. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,000 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    I agree, there is a noticeable difference in effort, fight and competitiveness, I dont understand how RS doesn't see this
  18. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    I dunno. Beating this fired up, Shanahan-coached Redskin team on the road would be pretty damn impressive IMO.

I don't expect it to happen though.
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,512 Messages
    9,672 Likes Received
    They fought in 2009 too. This is the same team.

If we beat the Redskins, that's great. We beat the Eagles that year too. We even beat them again in the wild card round but then we faced better competition and got absolutely destroyed due to our lack of talent in the trenches.

The same thing will happen to this team should they beat the Redskins on Sunday.
  20. Doomsday101

78,455 Messages
    3,764 Likes Received
    Maybe, maybe not the only way to find out is win Sunday and see where it takes the team.