1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I think Tony Romo should just walk away and retire...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by newlander, Dec 31, 2012.

1. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    anyone one else agree with 'SacredStar' and myself? He brought it up in another thread and I agree. Sure we could trade him but there are NO other real contenders that need a qB....Jets do but they're hamstrung by money owed to sanchez. He's stuck in neutral and so are the cowboys. He has PLENTY of money, a new baby a gorgeous wife to make more babies. NOTHING is changing or getting better with team due to JJ and his clown show. HE's not in the player class of barry sanders or jim brown BUT he's just as frustrated I guarantee it: what say you?
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,310 Messages
    6,296 Likes Received
    It's going to be a loooooong offseason.
  3. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...legit question...answer it butcher boy:lmao2:
  4. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Do you know how hard it is to find a franchise QB? Romo isn't going anywhere.

He needs better players around him, he's not perfect but he's far from the problem here. If Romo goes then get ready to blow this whole team up.

Jerry won't let that happen right now.
  5. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

822 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    ....or could he be in a situation like Archie Manning, surrounded by a mediocre cast?

An alternative question is would either Aikman or Staubach done better?
  6. Falcon554

Falcon554 Well-Known Member

1,098 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    god we can only hope
  7. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......he's set for life financially, he'll forfeit money he doesnt need and give the team cap relief and they can start cutting and gutting. SOunds so promising if Al Jr. wasn't at the helm to try and rebuild it....nope, he'll make him one of the highest paid qb's in the league and further the cap damage: the man is almost 33 yrs old for crying out loud. Makes NO sense to keep up this charade but JJ probably will.:bang2:
  8. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,760 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Romo leaving will leave Dallas as the doormat for the next 5-6 years.
  9. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Yes it is.
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,439 Messages
    1,440 Likes Received
    LOL right:rolleyes:
  11. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,605 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    What's the difference between a doormat and an 8-8 team?

Either way, no playoffs.
  12. December90

December90 New Member

18 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Redskins Fan here.

1) If you think you got it bad with Romo, just let him go and them you will realize what you had. He is NOT your problem.

2) look at what the Redskins have endured since their last Superbowl forever ago until now at the QB position. Do you really think Rex Grossman woudl be an upgrade for you? He was for the Redskins when he became starter (thats how bad their starting QB situation had become.)

3) Count your lucky stars you have Dez and that he seems to be maturing. I have compared Dez to our own Sean Taylor (without the tragedy) in that they were both troubled off the field, then they seemed to finally mature and realize what was at stake. With his head on straight, Dez could be the best WR in the game (I Hope not, but thats what I see)

4) Good luck with the Offseason, I truly know how it feels to sit by watching other teams in the playoffs as my team has made a habit of missing them for wuite a long time.

As a side note, the Cowboys used to be my most hated rival, now I hate the Giants and that cheating Mara more than I have ever hated you guys, and since he screwed you over too I actually have more respect for your team in the last year to the point when you were playing the giants I wanted you to win.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,605 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Alfred Morris is your MVP ... not Robert Griffin.
  14. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

........here come the foreskins fans patting us on our heads and telling us "it could be worse":rolleyes: .................dude...........no , it couldn't so go back to your foreskins brethren...you'll play one more game than us this year: congrats!:cool:
  15. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,342 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    ^^^This.
  16. cajuncocoa

2,342 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    Tim Tebow will probably be available. :rolleyes:
  17. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    We still don't like you guys.:)
  18. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,069 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    But. What did he say that wasn't true. Forget that he's a skin fan for a moment. Those wanting so much change are thinking emotionally. Now you need to get back to reality.
  19. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are a 4-win (or less) team without Romo.

Those who want him gone now know the least about this game.
  20. cajuncocoa

2,342 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    I know a lot of people on this board were hoping and praying that Sean Payton would sign with the Cowboys. Do you know that Payton is the reason the Cowboys drafted Romo, and that he offered Jerry a 3rd round draft pick for him in 2006? Romo could be with the Saints right now....too bad he's not. He'd be Brees' backup, no doubt...but at least Saints fans would appreciate him.