1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I Thought I Had Seen Everything...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, May 3, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Until I heard this new song from B.O.B.'s new album that featured B.O.B. and Taylor Swift. Man *** happened to rap? :laugh2: :banghead:
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    It's all about the money... and both genres have a ton...
  3. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,651 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    This is not rap but it is progression into something else. Death Grips
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well that's why rap sucks now. These clowns don't care about making good music. I mean could you ever picture 2Pac or Biggie rapping with a country star I mean seriously?
  5. trickblue

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    Yep... sure could...

There are many rap artists that appreciate country music and vice/versa... and they ALL love money...

Taylor Swift is the biggest thing in music right now, why wouldn't they collaborate? Big money...

Wouldn't be a stretch at all...
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry I just couldn't see it. I love her and her music btw, but it's just really weird seeing her doing a song with a rapper. Just really weird.
  7. trickblue

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    It's happened forever... and will continue... so get used to it...

The bottom line is that any successful artist moves to the rich side of town no matter the genre... and they will ride on the coattails of anyone they can...
  8. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    There's still The Roots and Talib Kweli so all hope is not lost.
  9. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good rap died in the late 90's. Lil Wayne can't **** with Mobb Deep, A Tribe Called Quest, or EPMD.
  10. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How could you forget the two baddest rappers ever 2Pac and Biggie? Those you mentioned would great obviously, but I'd also like to add Ice Cube, Snoop, and Dre.
  11. phillycard

phillycard Member

667 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Yeah, but Talib, and the Roots among others are the only hope for current hip-hop now. (although the Roots latest was questionable) They contuinue to put out quality music. Those you mentioned are either dead or resting on their laurels.
  12. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,658 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    There's a world of difference between rap like what pac did and modern hip hop like B.O.B. They're not even really comparable. I like both of them for what they are or were.
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    LOL at rap ever being considered real music
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,993 Messages
    5,021 Likes Received
    You are not old enough to be making comments like that. :)
  15. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :laugh1: I thought that too...poor guy is 17, he hasn't seen ANYTHING yet
  16. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,024 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  17. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,107 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    Seriously, ...

Dr. Seuss was the original and best rapper.

"Green eggs and ham" was one of my favorites.
  18. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,359 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    nelly and tim mcgraw?
  19. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Let's see Rap timeline.

80's guys like funk master flash were seen as real "rappers" and N.W.A. Were seen as Wanna be thugs who were dressing like women just a few years prior. And yes there are tons of pictures of Dr Dre wearing makeup and eyeshadow when just prior to nwa.

90's came and it went to "drug and thug" rappers. guys from the 80's claiming the wanna be's out then had never really been in gangs just acted like they had.

2000's came and it was all about the bling bling. Dmx once put in his song, how much your watch cost? You about to get your watch lost!

Now the op is saying Taylor swift calorborating with the industry somehow lessens the game.

The cycle will never end. For every generations 50 cent, there's been a Kanye west to balance it out.
  20. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    Dude, you can't leave out Lupe Fiasco. Guy is the best rapper there is right now. Atmosphere is also still putting out good stuff...and it's hard not to like Chiddy Bang and Mac Miller, even if they are a little bit more poppy.
    Yep. Not to mention Taylor Swift and T-Pain, Jason Aldean and Ludacris, Willie also did a song with Wyclef, who did a different song with Kenny Rogers.

Not country, but Jay-Z made an entire album with Linkin Park, and Bone Thugs have made a lot of tracks with influence from outside the genre.

Ever since Aerosmith and Run DMC came out with "Walk this Way," rappers and artists from other genres have been doing lots of stuff together. Hell, referring to the OP, BoB's first big hit, "Airplanes," featured Hailey Williams (I think) from Paramore.