1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I would like to hear the arguments of Garrett supporters

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by TheXFactor, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,746 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    Garrett never learned from his mistakes. He isn't a good leader.
    khiladi, Zordon and Gaede like this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,796 Messages
    1,635 Likes Received
    Garrett, for all his education, is pretty simple.
    khiladi, tantrix1969 and cml750 like this.
  3. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,861 Messages
    2,078 Likes Received
    Two full pages without anyone offering a good reason to retain Garrett. Wow!
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,038 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Looking back on it Garrett wasn't ready to be a head coach honestly... It is time to move on. I was once a Garrett supporter I will admit that but his time is over!
  5. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,151 Messages
    870 Likes Received

Just saw this post and this is exactly where I'm at with Garrett. If he hasn't already lost the team, they have at least wandered out of hearing distance.
    I honestly don't see them stopping Morris or cousins on the road next wk and haslett will blitz tony up the a gap till the field is on fire.
    The future looks bleak for Jason Garrett and the whole staff frankly
  6. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,034 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Garrett has supporters?
    khiladi and links18 like this.
  7. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,381 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    I'm kind of a Garrett supporter right now

And All is not lost yet.

Romo has just about lost me though.

I feel we have a player issue in Dallas as much as there is a coaching issue.

This isn't the first time we've felt like this as a fan base the last decade and I'm sure it's not the last.

In the end I am fine with what ever outcome this season ends with and all the repercussions of said season.
  8. movaughn88

movaughn88 Active Member

112 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    This is pretty much how I feel as well. It's difficult to me because I know him personally, so I can't be very objective when it comes to discussing him. I agree with you that people seem to take it way too far in hating someone they don't know or for reasons that are illogical, but heck I do that all the time so I can't get too riled up.

He lost me yesterday with his playcalling, though today after looking over and reading about the drives, there was really only one 3 and out at the end of the 3Q and the second to last drive where he should have run more. The defense giving up 5 touchdowns I think is most to blame, followed by some mishmash of Garrett/Romo mishandling plays.

I don't have much faith they will make it into the playoffs, though I would certainly they rather win out than not. I will never understand that argument by some to "lose out to gain". I would love for the team to prove everyone wrong, but it's very improbable.

So I'd love to see him and the team and Romo pull it out, but I cant defend some of the mistakes and mostly the results when they don't.
    Idgit and jobberone like this.
  9. Jason 82 Witten

Jason 82 Witten Active Member

141 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    I have to admit, at the beginning of the year I thought Garrett would be a good head coach having someone else call plays and he just manage the game. Now I'm not sure at all
  10. TonyRomo17

TonyRomo17 Well-Known Member

675 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    Used to be one before this season, but now i just hope he gets fired just no excuses
  11. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,584 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    That sig is awesome
  12. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,293 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    I used to be upset with losses for days too back in the day. Losses don't upset me at all any more now that I have come to expect this team to lose. It is truly sad how low my expectations for this team have dropped since Wade and Garrett.
  13. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,103 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    Or the lines in the sand have already been drawn and the Garrett supporters aren't interested in rehashing their opinions.

Yes, the Garett haters clearly outnumber those who support him. That is obvious.

But he still has supporters.
  14. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Doubtful. They're normally very quick to bring excuses and attempt damage control for their boy. Seems more and more are abandoning him.

Also doesn't hurt that his biggest cheerleader, after years of proclaiming himself a football genius and that Garrett detractors are stupid, stopped posting.
    Sarge, khiladi and Chocolate Lab like this.
  15. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    I started doubting Garrett after about game 4 or 5. His offensive philosophy just doesn't work. With the talent we have at the skill positions, there's no excuse for not being more consistent. The play calling is horrible. The pass first philosophy is flawed and the in game adjustments are non-existent.
    stasheroo likes this.
  16. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,376 Messages
    2,002 Likes Received
    Lol
    Everlastingxxx likes this.
  17. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Active Member

990 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Look at it this way. Why not root for us to make the playoffs? Chances are we will get dismantled by the niners and Garrett will get fired anyway.

But that's the thing about this league. You never know what is going to happen from week to week. Who thought the Ravens would go on the run they did last year? Flacco got hot and carried them to the superbowl. It's happened time and time again. Things click at the right time and the other team has a bad day you have a chance. Why not root for that chance if you are a true fan? The only way you could root for a loss is if the team has nothing to play for.
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,669 Messages
    3,895 Likes Received
    I can tell you it's pretty hard to find any of that around here.
  19. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

941 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    2018......its a process, he's still learning
    khiladi likes this.
  20. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,771 Messages
    726 Likes Received
    Things have changed.

Two years ago, you'd see every page full of Garrett support--including irrational comparisons to Landry and Jesus
    khiladi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.