1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I would trade two Brandon Carr's for one Anthony Henry

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Look at Kyle Arringont last year. Led league in ints, one of the worst corners in the league.
  2. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,045 Messages
    604 Likes Received
    Went to the Superbowl.
  3. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    We're talking defense here, not offense. This board leaves my jaw hanging sometimes.
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,498 Messages
    1,488 Likes Received
    I don't think this is fair. A Rookie QB made our Safeties look like what they are. I don't think you can really put that on the CBs, per say. Could they have played better? Of course, there is always room for that but what I was was a team picking on the Safeties and beating the living daylights out of them.
  5. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Exactly, Mo and Carr together were only targeted 10 some times. I think Mo was 1 for 3 and the catch went for negative and Carr was 4/7 with ~40 yards and a TD. Our corners were amazing that game. Also, Carr had a giftwrapped int that somehow, the receivers who drop everything, came up with huge catches for RG3 Thursday.
  6. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,857 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    I remeber like yesterday....we were choosing between Henry and Antioine Winfield (sp?)...I believe he went to Ohio State....and STILL plays for the Vikings. He would have been the better choice from a production standpoint...but MOST importantly...leadership. He was a physical...fierce competitor.
  7. DOUBLE WING

3,045 Messages
    604 Likes Received
    Right, but you don't think finishing second in the league in INT's as a team helped New England get to the Superbowl?
  8. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    HAHAHAHAH Hosaroo!
    Witty as can be.

I see your point, but to be fair I don't think the original poster's sentiments were too inane. Each and every one of us are wont to subjective perspectives.

Hos in all honesty, if I were Jerry, I would hand-pick you to be in the ring that takes part in the decision making processes for the franchise.

With Hos at the epicenter, this franchise's arrow would be pointing in one direction and one direction only...

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
  9. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,488 Messages
    1,734 Likes Received
    Prison?

:D
  10. GottaWatchTheTape

GottaWatchTheTape New Member

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The defensive backs certainly deserve credit for that. But you can't discount what having an elite offense does for an average defense. The opposing QBs have to throw as much as, well, Romo. This leads to turnovers in the form of aggressive/forced throws.
  11. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Hosaroo, you've got the sense of humour too.
  12. DOUBLE WING

3,045 Messages
    604 Likes Received
    Point taken. If we were good enough offensively to build early leads, maybe we'd get some of those too. But on the other hand you could also say that some of those 23 INT's New England got last year contributed to the Patriots scoring so many points. They probably got short field a lot of the time.