1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ian Fitzsimmons on SVP show

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Jan 9, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,800 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    1) Believes these are Jerry's moves not JG and that he has cut the legs out from under JG

2) They are no where near done and that JG could still go (he said he is minority opinion on JG)

3) Spoke to an assistant coach two days ago and was told NONE of them knew what their future was.
  2. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,134 Messages
    1,208 Likes Received
    Ian Rappaport is the biggest know-nothing on the radio.
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Only time will tell. Sit back and enjoy the ride. If you don't like it, you have the option of hoping off.

17 years and counting....what do folks really expect to happen
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,282 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    Is it Fitz (local) or Rap (ESPN)? :confused:
  5. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,114 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    He has a better job, and is more in the know then anybody on here! ;)
  6. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,750 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    agreed. since johnson Jerry has done that with all the coaches and creates a culture of mistrust. the only person he couldn't do this to was parcells, but then he went on player acquisition mode and made some calls that parcells didn't appreciate.

no coach can succeed under these circumstances. even Snyder changed his way.
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,134 Messages
    1,208 Likes Received
    Holy crap, I think I have my media dudes mixed up. I'm talking about the radio guy on ESPN Dallas. My bad.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,800 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    Forgot his most interesting speculation was if Jerry told JG that John Garrett had to go. Basically was giving JG a face saving out to resign rather than say he was fired.
  9. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,793 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    I believe Jerry did all this so that fans would have something to talk about on the board. It only shocks me that it wasn't done in the week leading up to the SB.
  10. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,576 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    Interesting info, thanks guys.

I need more! Need answers.
  11. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    He did it because he knows the fans are fed up and apathy is starting to set in. Apathy basically means lost ticket sales, lost suite money, and lost merchandising money. You play with Jerry's money and you don't produce consequences aren't far behind.
  12. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Isn't it just like JJ to take as much of the spotlight during the most exciting part of the NFL season, especially when his team is no longer in the running. He dropped the big bomb yesterday with Ryan, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't make any hires for a while, at least not until SB weekend.
  13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

9,940 Messages
    2,837 Likes Received
    Ian Fitzsimmons is the local ESPN radio guy.

He is almost always a glass half-empty guy when it comes to the Cowboys.
  14. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    He said the two firings were strictly Jerry moves, despite what some who boast having insider info on here claim.
  15. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,604 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    Well, JJ is always in the spotlight, no matter what he does or when he does something. But as for the current moves, they need to be made now, so they can get their replacements in before the get snatched up by other teams, as well as give the fired coaches as much opportunity as possible to find a new job.
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,471 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously. He just piggybacks off what Galloway says. Unless he says he's heard this or knows it, it's just speculation.
  17. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,660 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Sounds like he is speculating...like many do and not speaking from fact.
  18. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

9,940 Messages
    2,837 Likes Received
    Ian Fitzsimmons does have inside information. He is guessing.
  19. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,466 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    No way Garrett is resigning unless Jones lets him do it with a buyout. He's got 2 years left on his contract.
  20. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,576 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    This, to me, seems pretty obvious. These recent moves are just so reminscent of JG's hiring as OC.

One of those, 'I'm the owner I'll do what I want, and damn the consequences' type of decisions.

There's been a messed up power structure here for a long time, but I honestly think the current mess is due to Jerry hiring a future head coach before hiring his current head coach with Wade.